Gathering profession MAJOR annoyance...

Daedius

Too often am I coming across people scanning gathering nodes, and NOT looting them... for god knows why... then said nodes never become tappable til servers reset.

So, with that being said - can Bioware PLEASE make tapped nodes despawn after a minute from being 'tapped' so they can respawn again?

i thought it was the nodes bugging out again but these ones if you hover over them they turn a slightblue

so i think it is people harvesting for the skillpoints.

on my server EVERY gemstone is like this for archaeology

on coruscant

i did see a lvl 50 running around so i think he has done this :S

Too often am I coming across people scanning gathering nodes, and NOT looting them... for god knows why... then said nodes never become tappable til servers reset.

So, with that being said - can Bioware PLEASE make tapped nodes despawn after a minute from being 'tapped' so they can respawn again?

that's not what is causing that LOL the nodes are just bugged hehe

that's not what is causing that LOL the nodes are just bugged hehe

Bioware said they fixed this. Fast forward to Coruscant, however, and every Arch node I've come across has been unusable. It glows that blue color when you hover it and shows on the minimap, but can't be harvested. Either people are griefing, or they failed miserably in their fix.

Bioware said they fixed this. Fast forward to Coruscant, however, and every Arch node I've come across has been unusable. It glows that blue color when you hover it and shows on the minimap, but can't be harvested. Either people are griefing, or they failed miserably in their fix.

i hope it gets fixed soon

I noticed the same for scavenging.

I found that especially in 2 zones on Coruscant, The works and Justicar territory, that this happens very frequently.

The nodes should have a short reset timer after they have been harvested, regardless of whether they have been looted or not

I also sent a bug report about it ingame, as I consider this a bug, and I recommend others do the same.

If you guys want to confirm your theory that it is people scanning it and then not picking up the resourced, why don't you get a friend, scan a node and don't pick up the resource.

Then see if the friend can loot it five minutes later.

Simple as pie.

surely this doesnt apply to scavenging? when i scavenge a node it auto loots from it, it doesnt open like a container where i can choose to leave the stuff in there

or am i getting confused as to what a node is? im referring to the piles of junk dotted around that can be scavenged for materials

As long as you have a companion with you it's actually impossible NOT to loot the nodes, a loot box doesn't pop up, you just get a kind of a system message telling you that you received some loot. If your companion is not with you then it works just like it did previously where a loot box appears and if you walk too quickly from the node after the progress bar fills then you will tap the node without receiving the loot.

If you guys want to confirm your theory that it is people scanning it and then not picking up the resourced, why don't you get a friend, scan a node and don't pick up the resource.

Then see if the friend can loot it five minutes later.

Simple as pie.

I've actually accidentally not looted a node while I was going into a zone, went in and did all the quests (at least 45 minutes worth) and on my way out, my node was still there with loot on it. I didn't have to scan it again, just loot it. I'm certain that this is what is causing a majority of the "bugged" nodes.

Edited by motoXchick