Not a new player, but having an issue and not sure where to post...

absolutetristan

It sounds like a corrupt install. Either "repair" your installation, or re-install.

(To repair, check the Settings button on the Launcher to see if the Repair option is available.)

Thanks for the reply.

I had actually re-installed the game because of a different issue a couple weeks back and I tried to repair a week ago...and the repair is greyed out...I can't/haven't been able to click the repair.

ETA: I did get a reply from CS earlier this week...with the usual laundry list of things to do...which none have helped.

Edited by absolutetristan

Thanks for the reply.

I had actually re-installed the game because of a different issue a couple weeks back and I tried to repair a week ago...and the repair is greyed out...I can't/haven't been able to click the repair.

ETA: I did get a reply from CS earlier this week...with the usual laundry list of things to do...which none have helped.

Sounds like you are using the "streaming" launcher (letters ST in bottom left corner).

To run a repair:

Shut the game down completely.

Right click the SWTOR shorcut on your desktop, and select "Open file location."

Delete the Bitraider folder.

Start the launcher. The game will begin the repair process.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Sounds like you are using the "streaming" launcher (letters ST in bottom left corner).

To run a repair:

Shut the game down completely.

Right click the SWTOR shorcut on your desktop, and select "Open file location."

Delete the Bitraider folder.

Start the launcher. The game will begin the repair process.

Thanks for the reply.

I've done that a few times over the last week.

I've deleted Bitraider, launcher updates...or "verifies".

Still can't use repair, and each time I delete Bitraider and then run the launcher, the Bitraider is added/downloaded back. And screen still freezes.

ETA:

I can access the character perks/achievements/legacy screen, it now just freezes when I try to view the legacy section...which i'd like to update with my DvL characters...

Edited by absolutetristan

I had a similar issue with this as well before and the cause was a low quality computer. I was using the lowest end computer you can imagine. So double check that your computer is just slightly higher than the requirements of the game.

Thanks for the reply.

I've done that a few times over the last week.

I've deleted Bitraider, launcher updates...or "verifies".

Still can't use repair, and each time I delete Bitraider and then run the launcher, the Bitraider is added/downloaded back. And screen still freezes.

ETA:

I can access the character perks/achievements/legacy screen, it now just freezes when I try to view the legacy section...which i'd like to update with my DvL characters...

That's how it "repairs" if you are using the streaming launcher. The "repair" button only works if you have the non-streaming launcher. It is possible to convert from the streaming launcher to the non-streaming launcher, but that will also redownload the whole game (all ~25GB of it) again.

That's how it "repairs" if you are using the streaming launcher. The "repair" button only works if you have the non-streaming launcher. It is possible to convert from the streaming launcher to the non-streaming launcher, but that will also redownload the whole game (all ~25GB of it) again.

Thanks for the reply.

I hope I didn't sound frustrated towards you. I reread my post and I was thinking maybe it came off that way.

I've removed/deleted and re-downloaded the game three times on my PC the last few weeks.

How do I know/tell beforehand which version of the launcher I'm downloading?