Question Regarding Deconstructing 270 And Higher Gear

turbomagnus

Recently I bought a rating 270, 'MK0' piece of gear crafted by another player off the GTN, hoping to deconstruct it and learn the MK1 schematic. The game told me that there was no schematic available. I went to deconstruct the exact same 270 MK0 piece of gear, but one I had crafted, and it told me I had a 20% chance of learning a new schematic.

Question is;

Are we only capable of learning schematics from deconstructing items we've crafted ourselves now?

Question is;

Are we only capable of learning schematics from deconstructing items we've crafted ourselves now?

Correct, although that's not a new change. I believe it goes at least as far back as 5.0, possibly all the way back to 4.0.

Warnings:

* The restriction applies universally - you can learn schematics only from items that this *character* crafted.

* The restriction also applies to deconstructing items for Augment Slot components.

* If you put assembly components / bonded attachments / cell grafts into your legacy materials storage and then take them out, the game forgets who crafted them.