Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Strongholds: current locations and "new" locations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Strongholds: current locations and "new" locations

OlBuzzard
11.02.2019 , 01:31 PM | #1
With the release of each new update (such as 6.0) I'm quite certain that a number of us are looking forward to the possibilities of "new" SH locations to be opened up.

As I understand it these are the current locations:
1. Coruscant
2. Dromund Kaas
3. Nar Shaddaa
4. Tatooine
5. Yavin 4
6. Manaan
7. Rishi
8. Umbara "Mobile"

Here are a couple of ideas that seem to have come up more than once. And perhaps a few ideas to go with the requests for those locations.

***Space Station Type***
A. Location: My personal thought on this would be to initially locate it on the outer rim. This might work well with the current story and fit well with the past stories whether LS or DS. ALSO as a possible suggestion it should be considered to be able to relocate what sector of space (based on current map) to relocate to for a "nominal charge either in CC or credits".
B. Design features
This station should have:
1. An over all design style on the interior that simular to the "City in the Clouds" from Star Wars "The Empire Strikes Back". Development would use their discretion to design as needed or desired .. just make it fun and unique !
2. At least one observation deck to view the open stars around us This would be a great view from a "clear domed area in the center top or bottom that gives a breath taking view of space. This would be a real challenge for the team.. but IMO worth it ! Design MIGHT include a loading dock for player ship.
3. Larger than Manaan ... but NOT LARGER than Nar Shaddaa.

***Hoth / Private Chalet [ see edit #2 at bottom] ***
A. Location: "summer resort" on Hoth .. JK .. You get the idea. Still will freeze the snow and keep things on ice... but a place on Hoth where the ski slopes close by will be nice. And yet what a view. The development team knows exactly what I'm talking about !!

B. Design suggestions. Go wild with this one. Part inside (maybe even build part of it in the side of a mountain... ) Not too large (Larger than Manaan ) but don't over do it ! The one thing that I might suggest would be a ski slope that a player could guide their toon down the side of a long stretch for a run. AND .. a private lift back to the top ! (Just a thought). This could be really fun !

EDIT: Some have made these suggestions so have I (in another part of the forum board ) .. but these are just my thoughts on these ideas ....

EDIT #2 It has been called to my attention that a good alternate location for the chalet might be Alderaan. This might be a possible compromise As long as we get the ski lift !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

FaithMatzoll
12.02.2019 , 11:00 PM | #2
A Hoth stronghold would be great if the interior was warm. Or at least had warm areas. I am not talking about ice on ceiling and snow on floor with a furnace in one area melting things. I am talking about sealed warm environments (preferably with large windows looking out on the frozen tundra). The rest of the stronghold, like the docking areas and secret caves and whatnnot can be frozen cold places.

Xina_LA
12.03.2019 , 03:58 PM | #3
I would be happy with any planet... IF...

* There are plenty of Flooring (rug) and ceiling hooks. Especially ones centered under Large and Centerpiece combo hooks.

* We can get to all the hooks. I'm tired of Starships hooks that I can't reach (IE: Nar Shaddaa, Manaan, and Umbara hooks).

* The hooks aren't bugged. IE: you can remove decorations (Yavin 4, DK issues), jukeboxes play properly (Nar Shaddaa issues).

* No hooks with bad rotation (Manaan), that don't sit properly on a wall (Yavin 4), that stick inside the wall (Imperial guild flagship), or that stick in the floor (both guild flagships, Rishi).

* There are some rooms with flat walls. Not tilted, not with things sticking out, not with fat floorboards/wainscoting. I like to put things up against walls, not just have free-standing arrangements in the middle of rooms.

And for a bonus...

* Put a MEDIUM WALL hook near the elevator. You gave us Elevator holo signs and there is not a single Medium Wall hook to place one near an elevator. (Better yet, make that deco work on Small wall hooks, too!)

* Make sure all Starship hooks can convert into different hook configurations.

* Give us some very high ceilings. Too many Ceiling decos stick through the floor at a standard ceiling height.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

OlBuzzard
12.03.2019 , 11:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by FaithMatzoll View Post
A Hoth stronghold would be great if the interior was warm. Or at least had warm areas. I am not talking about ice on ceiling and snow on floor with a furnace in one area melting things. I am talking about sealed warm environments (preferably with large windows looking out on the frozen tundra). The rest of the stronghold, like the docking areas and secret caves and whatnnot can be frozen cold places.
I can agree with this completely... Just because it's on Hoth there is no reason to make it a dreary dead zone. My idea of a chalet is VERY nice and cozy. A user friendly environment with perhaps what might be seen as a true resort for R & R a place you would WANT to go !

And I suppose that is why some have suggested the alternate of Alderaan.

IMO I can see that !

OlBuzzard
12.03.2019 , 11:18 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
I would be happy with any planet... IF...

* There are plenty of Flooring (rug) and ceiling hooks. Especially ones centered under Large and Centerpiece combo hooks.

* We can get to all the hooks. I'm tired of Starships hooks that I can't reach (IE: Nar Shaddaa, Manaan, and Umbara hooks).

* The hooks aren't bugged. IE: you can remove decorations (Yavin 4, DK issues), jukeboxes play properly (Nar Shaddaa issues).

* No hooks with bad rotation (Manaan), that don't sit properly on a wall (Yavin 4), that stick inside the wall (Imperial guild flagship), or that stick in the floor (both guild flagships, Rishi).

* There are some rooms with flat walls. Not tilted, not with things sticking out, not with fat floorboards/wainscoting. I like to put things up against walls, not just have free-standing arrangements in the middle of rooms.

And for a bonus...

* Put a MEDIUM WALL hook near the elevator. You gave us Elevator holo signs and there is not a single Medium Wall hook to place one near an elevator. (Better yet, make that deco work on Small wall hooks, too!)

* Make sure all Starship hooks can convert into different hook configurations.

* Give us some very high ceilings. Too many Ceiling decos stick through the floor at a standard ceiling height.
I like this !!

Apply this to either one of the two suggestions and we have a definite winning combo !!

(nicely done BTW... )

TonyTricicolo
Yesterday , 04:08 AM | #6
My suggestions are:

A Kaliyo styled apartment-smaller than Coruscant/DK with plenty of hooks, an outdoor patio and a starship hangar.

A Copero styled estate- as large as Tatooine with epic views

A space station- akin to Port Nowhere with options to move to new orbital locations.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

OlBuzzard
Yesterday , 10:29 AM | #7
To add some more ideas for room decos:

This came to mind after reading the request for rooms with higher ceilings.

Decorations for room with modest ceilings IMO it is correct that many of the larger decos we have reach into the celling (particularly statues etc. Many of those are intended for outside use or use near entrances of various sorts.

I also think that we need more decos that would work inside of just about any room that simply would fit better. This is not a negative indictment of development of current decorations available. I do, however, believe that we should see some more decos made available that would work in rooms with a moderate ceiling height.

I would also like to see more items to help create a "theme" of sorts. There are literally hundreds of possibilities here.

I have noticed several items from Onderon that would be REALLY nice:
1. The taxidermy mounted Wampa beast (and a few others.. but particularly the Wampa) that is found in the hunting lodge .
2. Several pieces of furniture scattered throughout the main building flower arrangements as well.
3. Small artifacts found scattered in the game

There is already a really nice wall relief that I have purchased several of from the rep dealer in Onderon ( A big thanks to development team for that nice wall deco !! ). A few more wall decos like that would be VERY nice.

Along those lines I'd like to see more decos (like the wall relief and the afore mentioned Wampa beast) found at the rep dealer instead of just the CM.

BTW... it should be noted that IMO we have all sorts of cantina decos it would be good to see some other really nice arrangements that would reflect something else as well.

Sorry for the mess !! Just some random thoughts I thought I'd like to share as long as we're in that kind of mode.

I hope this doesn't take away from the idea of still looking forward to some NEW LOCATIONS !!