Time for a PvP Fix

fungihoujo

If you want to play a real ranged dot damage class play lethality sniper. The dots actually hurt, you have a baseline root not tied to your main dot (because using creeping terror root on a target with creeping terror already up resets the dot timer, lowering damage) and exceptional burst damage, a mediocre dot protection mechanic and an execute; not to mention cover.

Best of all the majority of lethality sniper damage is internal so you can even burst down tanks. Our class is so poorly designed in comparison to the better functioning classes in game it saddens me.

Edited by AdmiralParmesan

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to play a real ranged dot damage class play lethality sniper. The dots actually hurt, you have a baseline root not tied to your main dot (because using creeping terror root on a target with creeping terror already up resets the dot timer, lowering damage) and exceptional burst damage, a mediocre dot protection mechanic and an execute; not to mention cover.

Best of all the majority of lethality sniper damage is internal so you can even burst down tanks. Our class is so poorly designed in comparison to the better functioning classes in game it saddens me.

I'm levelling up a leth sniper right now- she's level 34. Wow, the difference. Especially in Huttball and Alderaan. Get up on a ramp or up on the platform in central Ald and you're like a meat grinder- people can't even get close to me- and the best part is, since there's no ranged stuns anymore, PTs can't stun me and grapple from a distance, and sorcs can't bring you out of cover from 30m to helps allies pull/leap to you either- so I know I don't need to blow entrench until someone's within 10m of me.

Biggest issue- stealthers.

But yeah- the damage is so much better, my level 34 sniper gets bigger crits than my full WH sorc.

Trauma debuff, root, aoe instant mez, leap immune, interrupt immune, more damage, execute- etc.... yeah, snipers are the one true ranged class that feels really good to play as.

Yeah..Im so lazy to level alt or something I actually didnt level anything above lvl 10. But ofcrouse theres my little poor pathetic 1200 expertise / 2150 willpower / crit chance 37% Surge 79% little pathetic piece of fak sorcerer. Its so annoying to enter wz with that piece of crap and do no dmg and being free kill all the time.

I rerolled sniper as well a true range dps class which sorcere shouldve been...but nope. The idiots from BW if u dont buff sorc in next patch I dunno whats wrong with u guys, but something gottab e wrong.

this thread is a waste of time

remember the pts forums when the initial sorc nerfs were posted?

the thread had to be reopened 3 times because there were so many posts..

still in close to 100k views of the thread there was not one dev response

this thread is a waste of time

remember the pts forums when the initial sorc nerfs were posted?

the thread had to be reopened 3 times because there were so many posts..

still in close to 100k views of the thread there was not one dev response

Hey, we got a response here! Check it out.

BW was kind enough to let us know they're... nerfing stun bubble and making our class even more completely useless...

Small victories my friends, small victories...

/cold shower

I really don't think we need wrath/chain lightning like we had pre 1.2, that would just give us OP aoe and still leave us with lackluster single target damage. I would prefer they work on our class's problems with getting casts off and making said casts worth getting off in the first place as well as survivability concerns. Thundering blast would be pretty amazing if it did damage on par with maul, annihilate or many other single target damaging abilities. As is getting off casts is needed for sorcerers to do decent damage, but it is too much work to get off long casts in proportion to the amount of benefit from getting them off.

Hello

This screenshot shows exactly what the problem is. Both for the developers and what we as players experience. WE can do damage but we can´t kill..

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/screenshot2013011911082.jpg/

But we are easily shut down tho I run madness and lightning and even roll corruption when im bored.

We need to have our dmg raised "but knowing BW wed become the next smasher" I dont want this

I think we all agree some sing target love would be great and maybe shorten some casting times and re work some other tools. Polarity shift id like to see its cd reduced and enable us to cast on the move for 30 seconds and raise the proc chance for CL.

Madness well all that tree needs really is its dot dmg raised IMO I kite just fine unless I get gang raped and I can solo just takes a minute which is too long.

If they make affliction have a small cooldown so that you can't tab dot anymore then a lot of these fluffed damage scores will go down and we can get some real quality changes to the class.

Its amazing how easy it all really is, isn't it?

That makes perfect sense, but it hasn't happened.

The dev team is understaffed or incompotent, or both.

Lack of survivability, lack of burst and lack of porper, reliable snares (outside spamming FL, which you can't) arn't even the only issues, but also the fact that a few interupts render us close to useless.

This goes for Madness, lightning and madness/lightning hybrid.

If you can't spam FL as madness all thats left is hide/run and tab dot which is what happens 90% of the time, hense the "fluffed damage scores" are there. Ofcourse if you want to run out of force within 20 seconds you can also throw in some shocks that crit for an amazing 2k, which seems to be less then what other classes abilities do without even critting.

The same can be said for lightning. If 1 Melee is on you with their silly burst and excess amount of interupts, whats left to do?

Edited by Cuppcake

The absurd thing is- we have so many easy to interrupt abilities- warriors had force choke and ravage- yet they decide to make ravage uninterruptable.

Ya- ok, so it's a melee ability... it's a melee ability you can have root, that does over 10k damage.

Keep the interrupts- but if we could use our abilities while mobile- LIKE EVERYONE ELSE CAN- we MIGHT be able to actually rely on mobility as our only survival mech since we have the worst mitigation and the worst defensives.

But no- worst mitigation, worse defensives, worst ability to get spells off, worst casting mobility- only other class that might be on par is the merc- which is also completely useless.

BW needs to take a good long look at that and figure out how badly they've ruined this game's pvp balance.

BW needs to take a good long look at that and figure out how badly they've ruined this game's pvp balance.

Maybe the only way we can get their attention to address these issues is refuse to play our Sorcerers in any WZ or at all. That is, until they decide to address these idiotic problems they caused. I think a moratorium against playing our Sorcerers or Sages for healing or dps would make them take notice. How long would it take for those who depend on the healing Sorcerers/Sages to create uproar for the lack of support they depend on in a WZ or in an Op? Not long at all.

This may be extreme, but sometimes an extreme act or measure is required to effect a change that is sorely needed. For this very reason I have refused to play my lvl 50 healer sage at all. I'm going to shelve my Sorcerer too and she is my second favorite character in SW. Let's see how BW reacts to seeing an AC absent from the game because of what they did. We'll know then whether or not they care.

Maybe the only way we can get their attention to address these issues is refuse to play our Sorcerers in any WZ or at all.

Why not go one further. Unsubscribe and stop playing the game. That'll show 'em.

Meanwhile, those of us who top warzone charts with our sorcs on a regular basis will keep playing and enjoying the class.

Why not go one further. Unsubscribe and stop playing the game. That'll show 'em.

Meanwhile, those of us who top warzone charts with our sorcs on a regular basis will keep playing and enjoying the class.

Yes, you and those who are legends in their own minds. It is obvious to me that you are the most contrary person I've ever had the displeasure to engage on any message board. Your lunacy knows no bounds.

Yes, you and those who are legends in their own minds. It is obvious to me that you are the most contrary person I've ever had the displeasure to engage on any message board. Your lunacy knows no bounds.

Yes, stating the fact that a Sorc is perfectly capable of topping damage charts in a warzone is "lunacy." Look, I've said repeatedly we could use a slight buff to damage, and the trees could use a little work. But all this doomsday crap about the class being completely unplayable in warzones is just ridiculous. It's not that bad. Suggesting that the class is so out of balance as to warrant some sort of walk-out on Sorcs is, as you would say, lunacy.

Yes, stating the fact that a Sorc is perfectly capable of topping damage charts in a warzone is "lunacy." Look, I've said repeatedly we could use a slight buff to damage, and the trees could use a little work. But all this doomsday crap about the class being completely unplayable in warzones is just ridiculous. It's not that bad. Suggesting that the class is so out of balance as to warrant some sort of walk-out on Sorcs is, as you would say, lunacy.

While I do agree I think it is more of a problem such a high skill is needed reach moderate success with a dps sorcerer for endgame/skillcap results that are sub-par to other class capabilities.

While I do agree I think it is more of a problem such a high skill is needed reach moderate success with a dps sorcerer for endgame/skillcap results that are sub-par to other class capabilities.

I reject this notion. I think everyone agrees that the derp-smash spec is too easy and needs a serious nerf. If you are comparing Sorcs to the one spec in the game that everyone agrees is OP, then yes, you need a high level of skill to put out the same damage numbers as other specs. But the same could be said for other classes as well.

Honestly, you just need to be relatively competent to do good damage in warzone with most any spec.

A minor damage buff is needed to puts sorcs at the same level as other advanced classes for DPS output both in PvE and PvP. We are talking around 5 percent. Anything more than that is unrealistic and unnecessary.

We tried that already- subs dropped from 1.7 million to around 500k within 2 months after patch 1.2 came out- multiple reasons for that of course, but just looking at WZ ratios it was clear a massive amount of sorcs, dps ops and mercs had stopped pvping and unsubbed.

If losing over two thirds of your playerbase and having to go free to play, while having 3 classes absent in DPS roles from RWZ for nine months isn't enough for BW, then there probably isn't anything that'll convince them.

I reject this notion. I think everyone agrees that the derp-smash spec is too easy and needs a serious nerf. If you are comparing Sorcs to the one spec in the game that everyone agrees is OP, then yes, you need a high level of skill to put out the same damage numbers as other specs. But the same could be said for other classes as well.

Honestly, you just need to be relatively competent to do good damage in warzone with most any spec.

A minor damage buff is needed to puts sorcs at the same level as other advanced classes for DPS output both in PvE and PvP. We are talking around 5 percent. Anything more than that is unrealistic and unnecessary.

It's not just the burst damage we're behind on- we have the worst mitigation, no defensives, our mobility boost is very easy to counter and we only get a root break in the healing spec, our baseline CC is some of the most limited in the game- which is why everyone's getting into lightning partway for backlash and bindings.

Our force regen mechanic for corruption is terrible in pvp, we are the most mitigated class armour-wise while having the least mitigation ourselves, we are lacking some of the great passives- like 15% run speed, or aoe damage reduction- and we don't have short term damage immunity or CC immunity or leap/pull immunity.

5% isn't going to make a sorc come even close to the burst my PT and marauder can do. It's why when you see a sorc with 800k damage, you also see both teams did 2 million healing, and the sorc has 5 kills- when a PT, mara, sniper, jugg or sin does 500k damage- they have 70 kills.

The problem isn't 'damage', the problem is actual killing power- we don't have it, a healer that purges kills the damage of madness, and can outheal it even if they don't- a lightning sorc can do more burst, but like a merc is immobile and if anyone decides to shut down a lightning sorc- they will.

If we aren't going to have killing power- we need something else, and having a snare with less duration than CD and no baseline root and no baseline CC protection of any kind makes us a piss poor kiter.

It's not really doom and gloom now- we called doom and gloom back when 1.2 came out- four months later the game's f2p, even though at the time it was going strong and f2p wasn't on the table.

Even those that are playing now are pvping less- I used to get instant pops whenever fleet hit 200, now there can be 2 1/2 fleets plus at least DK, Korriban, NS are full too- and fifteen minute waits on normals; RWZ are becoming extinct.

So, we lost 1.2 if not more million subs, went f2p within months of the patch that neutered us, are all but absent in the dps role in RWZ, and pvp's popularity per person playing is at an all time low.

What for you exactly constitutes a point where we have a problem that needs something to be done to fix it? Band-aids aren't going to do it, and throwing in a slight damage increase is not going to make us suddenly a RWZ viable class- you know that full well.

Sorcerers should produce the highest damage potential in the game, period.

Balance is a constant tension between two polar opposites:

[survivability]---------------------[Netural]--------------------[Output]

Survivability is defined as maximal Hit-Point Potential, Armor Rating, Mitigation, Defensive-Cooldowns, and Mobility. Output is defined as the ability to produce meaningful damage or healing that is both sufficient and necessary to kill or heal a target.

In theory an Advanced-Class that excels at one end of this spectrum, to retain overall class balance, requires concomitant inferiority on the other end.

Sorcerers suffer from the worst survivability in the game, and yet also suffer from perhaps the 2nd worst (Mercenaries/Commandos) Damage Output in the game.

Either our defensive capabilities need to be brought in line with our Damage-Potential, allowing us to actually survive long enough for our DoT-damage to be effective or our Damage-Potential needs to increased.

In this sense I would argue that Madness requires a mere 5% damage increase, ideally as front-loaded DoT damage. The spec's mobility and CC capabilities will otherwise allow it to survive.

Lightning on the other hand suffers from nigh-complete immobility and cast-sensitive attacks, thereby requiring either a major defensive redesign or a more significant boost to damage.

Yes, a high-level player who extracts the greatest potential from a Min/Maxed AC is going to be effective.

Balance however is not a subject for the outliers, it is a matter for the median and mean values of a specification, and at the moment our AC suffers horribly in that regard.

We tried that already- subs dropped from 1.7 million to around 500k within 2 months after patch 1.2 came out- multiple reasons for that of course, but just looking at WZ ratios it was clear a massive amount of sorcs, dps ops and mercs had stopped pvping and unsubbed.

If losing over two thirds of your playerbase and having to go free to play, while having 3 classes absent in DPS roles from RWZ for nine months isn't enough for BW, then there probably isn't anything that'll convince them.

They didn't lose all the subs because of PvP balance. And ranked warzones haven't even been out nine months.

You keep making these posts listing all these things we are terrible at, and I just don't buy it. If all your claims were true, I wouldn't see so many sorcs doing good damage in warzones. It isn't just personal experience I am considering. Again, I concede that there is a slight gap with some other specs, but the idea that we need this huge number of buffs you are suggesting is just not based in reality. We have lots of tools that you don't consider. We get a bubble and a free self heal, both on low cooldown. We have kiting tools. You can deride them all you like, but they are there and they do help. And if they buffed the class like you are suggesting, it would become overpowered worse than derp-smash.

It's not just the burst damage we're behind on- we have the worst mitigation, no defensives, our mobility boost is very easy to counter and we only get a root break in the healing spec, our baseline CC is some of the most limited in the game- which is why everyone's getting into lightning partway for backlash and bindings.

Our force regen mechanic for corruption is terrible in pvp, we are the most mitigated class armour-wise while having the least mitigation ourselves, we are lacking some of the great passives- like 15% run speed, or aoe damage reduction- and we don't have short term damage immunity or CC immunity or leap/pull immunity.

5% isn't going to make a sorc come even close to the burst my PT and marauder can do. It's why when you see a sorc with 800k damage, you also see both teams did 2 million healing, and the sorc has 5 kills- when a PT, mara, sniper, jugg or sin does 500k damage- they have 70 kills.

The problem isn't 'damage', the problem is actual killing power- we don't have it, a healer that purges kills the damage of madness, and can outheal it even if they don't- a lightning sorc can do more burst, but like a merc is immobile and if anyone decides to shut down a lightning sorc- they will.

If we aren't going to have killing power- we need something else, and having a snare with less duration than CD and no baseline root and no baseline CC protection of any kind makes us a piss poor kiter.

It's not really doom and gloom now- we called doom and gloom back when 1.2 came out- four months later the game's f2p, even though at the time it was going strong and f2p wasn't on the table.

Even those that are playing now are pvping less- I used to get instant pops whenever fleet hit 200, now there can be 2 1/2 fleets plus at least DK, Korriban, NS are full too- and fifteen minute waits on normals; RWZ are becoming extinct.

So, we lost 1.2 if not more million subs, went f2p within months of the patch that neutered us, are all but absent in the dps role in RWZ, and pvp's popularity per person playing is at an all time low.

What for you exactly constitutes a point where we have a problem that needs something to be done to fix it? Band-aids aren't going to do it, and throwing in a slight damage increase is not going to make us suddenly a RWZ viable class- you know that full well.

You sir are brilliant.

They didn't lose all the subs because of PvP balance. And ranked warzones haven't even been out nine months.

You keep making these posts listing all these things we are terrible at, and I just don't buy it. If all your claims were true, I wouldn't see so many sorcs doing good damage in warzones. It isn't just personal experience I am considering. Again, I concede that there is a slight gap with some other specs, but the idea that we need this huge number of buffs you are suggesting is just not based in reality. We have lots of tools that you don't consider. We get a bubble and a free self heal, both on low cooldown. We have kiting tools. You can deride them all you like, but they are there and they do help. And if they buffed the class like you are suggesting, it would become overpowered worse than derp-smash.

Oh well u just prooved to ALL of us that ur not sorcerer player, and ur just black sheep arround here, so go away.

The point is black sheep doesnt see is that we lack OF KILLING POTENTIAL IDC about DMG, I Can spamm force lighting ,death field and thundering blast for DMG everbody can do it. But what u dont see is that we ( sorcerers ) true skilled players are getting pissed off because every single warzone a bounhc of people are focusing us for. The point is if EVERBODY focusing me I WANT SOMETHING FOR EXCHANGE for all that focus. But we dont have anything..and u know when u dont have anything for exchange that means you are free kill. I want burst ability, I want something in exchange for being focused by all in every single wz. And the dude told u u can see sorc doing a lot of DMG but with 5 KILLS while snipers/pt and other DPS class has 70 kills. I also used to PvP A LOT before 1.2 came out because it was actually fun, but now theres just no point in PvPing because I will get piss off by being focused by everyone and give nothing in to exchange.

I really hope so u r going to do something with sorcs bioware because Im gona unsub as I did after 1.2 And trust me theres so many people thinking like this...

For me 1.7 is last hope