Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If you could only play one class, which one would it be

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
If you could only play one class, which one would it be

Uvirith
10.30.2019 , 03:37 AM | #1
Hi, returning player here!

I have a question to throw into the room.

If you would only have the time to play one class, which one would it be?
Assumption: You have Legendary Status (all classquests completed) and every class on at least level 65, so Class-Story is not a defining factor.

Reason for the question is. I have very very little time and no preferances, since I like all the Advanced classes. I need to decide on one Toon for SwToR.
Uviryth Hammerhand, Kinetic Combat-Shadow
<Founder>

Equeliber
10.30.2019 , 04:16 AM | #2
Juggernaut. Fairly consitent in viability over the years. Has an option to be either a tank or a DPS, depending on what's best. For PvE DPS Vengeance is one of the most universal specs in the game, has good sustain, crazy good AoE, doesn't really suffer from target switching as many DoT specs do, with the new lvl75 ability can even deliver decent burst, has an armor debuff (the best debuff to bring to the group). Jugg is fairly ok in PvP, again, has many options - tank, vengeance AoE spam or Burst with Rage.

SW also seems to be a pretty good class story-wise, wherever the story goes it doesn't seem out of place.

Ahwassa
10.30.2019 , 04:36 AM | #3
Sorc heal, I never get tired of it.
Also it looks far more elegant than the other healers.
Also lightsaber

Uvirith
10.31.2019 , 02:52 AM | #4
Oh boy, there really are not many people around in these Forums. If I´d posted a Thread like that in another mmo-Forum there would be a hundred replies by now.
Which brings me to another question: How is the playerbase these days. Are there even enough people to do groupcontent with?
If there arent, which class would you recommend for Solo only?
Uviryth Hammerhand, Kinetic Combat-Shadow
<Founder>

UltraFlashStar
10.31.2019 , 05:20 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Uvirith View Post
Oh boy, there really are not many people around in these Forums. If I´d posted a Thread like that in another mmo-Forum there would be a hundred replies by now.
Which brings me to another question: How is the playerbase these days. Are there even enough people to do groupcontent with?
If there arent, which class would you recommend for Solo only?
Nobody goes on the forum because outside of complaining there is nothing interesting enough.

And to answer the original question to the post: Scoundrel, loved the class Tory better than the Imperial Agent and the rest. Smuggler is the one of the only classes which got less static as it went on while still providing funny dialogue options. Smuggler’s crew is also, in my opinion, one of the best companion crew alongside BH.
Coppes Spacer
“Let me play you a sad song on the galaxy’s smallest xantha.”

AdjeYo
10.31.2019 , 10:03 AM | #6
Would have to be 100% Jugg for me. Immortal has always been my baby. But I'd be really sad to lose my PT tank

lolqtpi
10.31.2019 , 12:56 PM | #7
Good question, because I am trying to decide this myself with which one to main.

I have 75 Operative and 75 Sorc right now. Can't decide which one I like better. I want to make a mirror on Pub side since my guild operates on both sides with plenty of activities. I like the ranged aspect of Sorc, coming from a ranged DPS player in WoW. I also like the stealth capabilities and other utilities that come with the operative. I think I like operative healing better than sorc healing too.

I am still at a loss, but it would be one of those two.

athanase
11.06.2019 , 11:45 AM | #8
Concealment operative
"Cé koi erpé ?" - Mégodass, soldat fat DPS.
"Je sé pa" - DarthNaruto, Sith ambidextre et mononeurone.

Reeny
11.06.2019 , 08:08 PM | #9
I like Jedi Shadow.
Able to Force speed and move fast and can also stealth and move through mobs or drop combat immediately.
Very versatile.

Plus get to use a cool dual blade lightsaber!!

My fav is the Jedi shadow tank.
Assassin should be ok too but didnt try it.

Snarils
11.13.2019 , 12:27 PM | #10
Assassin