.. PUNISH the AFK'ers , not the PLAYERS... -_-'

dprijadi

Dear Bioware PVP team

I dont have to state here the massive amount of disappointment from PVP community especially the majority of people who PvP casually, queueing in PuGs / Solo and not in groups of experienced Pre-Mades..

You should be aware that in you zeal to punish AFK'ers or No-Loaders or Hanger-Ons, you inadvertently punish the other segment of players..

Please consider these :

- You should review your automated WZ queue algorithms and really mix and match people based on their skill (can be gathered by their level, their valor , their win count, their medal count, their pvp gears etc etc you got the database for this and you can analyze it).. Please dont put PuG or Casual PVPer with the experienced Pre-mades.. Please try hard to match people at least on the same level bracket range..

- People play PVP for fun and WIN or LOSE is not the most important thing in PVP but a hard / good fight is enjoyable even if you happen to be the losing side (5-4 nail biting huttball ? Fighting over turrets and keep changing hands in alderran.. But your decision to punish LOSERs severely is really uncalled for..

- Not everybody play PVP as hardcore.. yes there are hardcore players and super teams.. but as in PVE, most PVP-er in SWTOR are casual.. because the ease of entering and queueing for WZ..

Recently i play and got mauled in Novare Coast (vanguard Tactics), i only got 2 medals yet i received 0 XP, 0 Credit , 0 Commendation, 0 Valor.. Is this the new PVP in SWTOR ? do you want to punish casual players who queue Solo with PuGs , and while trying hard to stem the tide , i am outnumbered and got massacred continuously (until i see the group list and in horror i see people leaving the WZ)

you should have a medal for players who STUCK TO THE END.. I never leave a WZ even when the PuG perform so badly (3 turret lost to imps in alderran, 5-0 hutball in 2 minute play etc) , but this new SYSTEM and LOSING PENALTY is causing MORE HARM THAN GOOD..

so please consider the LONG TERM effect of these changes.. a good developer wont let this debacle go on till the game community break apart..

Just in case ppl wondering, no im not un-subbing, i just wont PVP as much because of these 'tweaks'..

TLDR : Punish the AFK'ers and the Loafers... dont Punish the LOSING side !!! without loser there is no winners..

Addendum :

Bioware PVP dev team , enjoyable PVP is not determined by WINNING or LOSING. enjoyable PVP is determined by a fairly balanced opposing team fighting it out.

PvP-ers never shrink from hard fight , they revel in it.. losing or winning dont matter , its the fight they enjoy.

Getting out-leveld and out-geared in PVP is not a fair fight. Match geard people with other geard ppl and pugs non-geared with same..

Why take their only consolation of losing (eg rewards) severely ? The winners dont mind the losers got rewards like before (1.15)..

I've no problem going against the toughest premade as pickup... so long as there's a bias in the reward.

A team with 10:1 win:loss winning against a team containing a player with 1:1 ratio should reward considerably more than 18 WZ comms for the looser(s) and almost nothing for the winners, and vice-versa.

That's not hard at all to implement, almost as easy as the "You already know that schematic" bug involving a simple test cut/paste...

I'm not an experienced engineer with years of dev experience, but that's the kind of mistakes only a trainee could be responsible of. If it's not the case, I suggest you fire them and employ me right now.

this is quite a slap in the face to those of us who tries to level through pvp.. it was allready slow before but now it's like you're trying to force pve down our throats or something. i mean how many level with premades? most do so solo so implementing this for the 10-49 bracket is just mean.

i can see how lot of that can be good for the 50 bracket.. but that does'nt mean it'll be good for those below.

If you only pull 2 medals then you didn't help your team at all.

Kill one guy, easy.

75k damage, lololol.

Attacker and Defender medals are literally thrown at you. I can defend a turret and get 1 medal from capping it and 5 from sitting there. Fight in the right areas and the game will reward you for actual contribution.

The point was he said he got 2 medals, this is hardly not trying to help his team at all is it ? He may well of been pulled into a dying game mid way through, and probably didn't manage to get the third one needed to get any valor, xp, etc. Same thing happened to me for that reason, where I never had time to get even 1 medal. To find I got zero at the end of it too.

Never again will I remain in a dying game, with no medals, because I now know that you get a big fat 'nothing'. There is no reason now to stay in a match at all that your side is already loosing, and have little chance of gaining enough medals for just to get the XP, Valor, and WZ comms.

That's my two cents, like it or lump it.

i never shrink from a fight.. but 2 of my pug team left the WZ, your chance of getting a medal or even fight will be minuscule.. everyone and i said EVERYONE who stuck to that unfair match is a HERO in my eye..

the Jedi Shadow that was with me facing a rush of 5 sith and got slaughtered yet we never leave the game..

there should be a LAST STAND medal type for those players who stuck to the end even when faced with impossible odds..