Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skills

Flying-Brian
01.30.2013 , 08:12 PM | #11
Cybertech works very well for a trooper. Since all your companions use the same stats as you, it is easy to put them in orange gear, keep ears, armoring and mods up to date and use your planet comms for enhancements.

Then post level 50, you have a viable endgame crafter, able to RE mods/armoring/ears for endgame schematics and mats.

Talon_Starfire
01.31.2013 , 03:31 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
Cybertech works very well for a trooper. Since all your companions use the same stats as you, it is easy to put them in orange gear, keep ears, armoring and mods up to date and use your planet comms for enhancements.

Then post level 50, you have a viable endgame crafter, able to RE mods/armoring/ears for endgame schematics and mats.
How is Artifice, Archeology, Treasure Hunting?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Flying-Brian
01.31.2013 , 07:17 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
How is Artifice, Archeology, Treasure Hunting?
Thanks
Good to have on an alt for crafting. Better to have for a force user, since they craft hilts, which do you no good as a trooper.

Talon_Starfire
01.31.2013 , 08:41 PM | #14
I haven't decided yet on Commando or Vanguard what earpiece is best for each starting out?
Thanks
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Zorlackx
02.01.2013 , 03:24 AM | #15
In my opinion biochem or cybertech. For pvp take biochem for the Stims for pve you can take either biochem or cybertech ( mods - ship upgrades ...) All the others are worthless at 50 at this time. Maybe armour mech for the rakata gear for pve but that's it. Unless bioware changes something.
Enjoy and have fun

Talon_Starfire
02.02.2013 , 04:56 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post

How is Cybertech, Scavenging & Slicing?
Looking for Sith guild.

mulzii
02.02.2013 , 02:30 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
How is Cybertech, Scavenging & Slicing?
This is my favorite combination when levelling, even the characters i level strictly by pvp.

In you plan on levelling for pve, slicing is a huge money maker if you sell the items you get (schematics/missions) from missions, plus if gives you some extra cash with the slicing boxes out there. Though UW lets you make some huge cash as well if you sell the blue/purple metals.

However you level, cyber/scavenging lets you make both armoring and/mods every over level, meaning your armor is always up to date (assuming you buy all orange armor pieces at some time, which is very cheap on gtn now). If you took UW instead of slicing, you can even keep yourself in purple (uw need to make purple items) armorings/mods every other level. Then you get the added bonus of making grenades to use, which comes in very handy in pvp and in pve.

Biochem is nice, and i did level that one once. But all you really get with this is a reusable stim you can use (which is alot cheaper to buy on gtn than mods/armoring prices, as you would need 8 of each to keep current). medpacks/adrenels are useless to make, as you either find them in large numbers in pve, or for pvp the wz medpacks are much, much better and you cant make those. Oh, and with cybertech you can make ship parts in you like space missions as well.

Now at 50, the reusable stimpack from biochem will save you tons of money. and at 50 cybertech is just basically a grenade maker (unless you make to sell on gtn, which makes tons of money in armoring/mods). Though if you find/make the armoring/mod 27 items, you will become a very, very wealthy person if you sell them.

Sorry for the length, my fingers just kept typing and typing. But for levelling, my preference with all my characters is to go cyber/scavenging/underworld, and once at 50, since i have multiple 50's now, i switch most of them to biochem/bio/diplomancy to use the reusable stim (i only pvp), and leave only a couple in cyber/saveng/UW to keep making armorings/mods/grenades to sell on gtn and for helping equip my alts.

If this is your first character or you dont have cyber yet, i would definately recommend cyber/scav/UW though, for the money to save/make and utility you have (grenades).

Talon_Starfire
02.02.2013 , 03:14 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by mulzii View Post
This is my favorite combination when levelling, even the characters i level strictly by pvp.

In you plan on levelling for pve, slicing is a huge money maker if you sell the items you get (schematics/missions) from missions, plus if gives you some extra cash with the slicing boxes out there. Though UW lets you make some huge cash as well if you sell the blue/purple metals.

However you level, cyber/scavenging lets you make both armoring and/mods every over level, meaning your armor is always up to date (assuming you buy all orange armor pieces at some time, which is very cheap on gtn now). If you took UW instead of slicing, you can even keep yourself in purple (uw need to make purple items) armorings/mods every other level. Then you get the added bonus of making grenades to use, which comes in very handy in pvp and in pve.

Biochem is nice, and i did level that one once. But all you really get with this is a reusable stim you can use (which is alot cheaper to buy on gtn than mods/armoring prices, as you would need 8 of each to keep current). medpacks/adrenels are useless to make, as you either find them in large numbers in pve, or for pvp the wz medpacks are much, much better and you cant make those. Oh, and with cybertech you can make ship parts in you like space missions as well.

Now at 50, the reusable stimpack from biochem will save you tons of money. and at 50 cybertech is just basically a grenade maker (unless you make to sell on gtn, which makes tons of money in armoring/mods). Though if you find/make the armoring/mod 27 items, you will become a very, very wealthy person if you sell them.

Sorry for the length, my fingers just kept typing and typing. But for levelling, my preference with all my characters is to go cyber/scavenging/underworld, and once at 50, since i have multiple 50's now, i switch most of them to biochem/bio/diplomancy to use the reusable stim (i only pvp), and leave only a couple in cyber/saveng/UW to keep making armorings/mods/grenades to sell on gtn and for helping equip my alts.

If this is your first character or you dont have cyber yet, i would definately recommend cyber/scav/UW though, for the money to save/make and utility you have (grenades).
I have an Assassin with Cybertech, Scavenging, Underworld Trading but most likely using Trooper as main & still deciding on crew skills.
Looking for Sith guild.

Talon_Starfire
02.03.2013 , 07:40 PM | #19
Should I be using Reflex Mods created with Cybertech?
Thanks
Looking for Sith guild.