Guild Ship Frameworks and PVP Flagging

Daekarus

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or you can craft them. Your choice.

Ha! Easy choice: neither. I'll get the weekly reward and the rest of it might as well not exist... the crafting looks excruciatingly inefficient.

I don't understand why they do things like this when in all the other events people do everything possible to avoid PvP. It's like they think I'm going to level and gear a PvP DPS just for crap like this.

Ha! Easy choice: neither. I'll get the weekly reward and the rest of it might as well not exist... the crafting looks excruciatingly inefficient.

I don't understand why they do things like this when in all the other events people do everything possible to avoid PvP. It's like they think I'm going to level and gear a PvP DPS just for crap like this.

Others will for sure. Don't you worry now.

It's like they think I'm going to level and gear a PvP DPS just for crap like this.

I'm not sure why you feel that would be necessary. You aren't going in there to fight in some 1v1 duels or something. Every class archetype has a place in PvP, and you'll need full OPs groups to kill the Commanders anyway.

Who has the time or desire to do that? I just don't get it. Why would they roll that out on a PvE server?

I guess it's fair to assume that even some people in PvE servers have a legitimate interest in PvP scenarios.

One doesn't exactly invalidate the other.

I'm not sure why you feel that would be necessary. You aren't going in there to fight in some 1v1 duels or something. Every class archetype has a place in PvP, and you'll need full OPs groups to kill the Commanders anyway.

My only PvP experiences have been as a tank, and they have revealed to me that tanks are basically useless in PvP. The ability to soak a bit more damage means nothing when people die so quickly, and you're extremely gimped when it comes to DPS output.

Although it appears my off-hour play time dictated by work makes it impossible for me to participate anyway, if ops groups are required. It's like getting teeth pulled without anesthetic trying to get a raid together in the morning EST.

For all those who complain about the PvP, there is the crafting option. For those who don't PvP or craft, you have guildies who DO, hopefully; that's why this is a GUILD function: you have a group of players who work together to accomplish a challenge. For those with none of the above, this function is not for you so please don't complain.

For all those who complain about the PvP, there is the crafting option. For those who don't PvP or craft, you have guildies who DO, hopefully; that's why this is a GUILD function: you have a group of players who work together to accomplish a challenge. For those with none of the above, this function is not for you so please don't complain.

Oh I have the guild, we've got credits coming out our ears and a spreadsheet setup to help track goals and required materials for the ship. That's not the issue - I'm going to enjoy a tricked out ship whether or not I do anything. I just resent that I'll be unable to contribute anything meaningful because I play at off-hours and play a tank.

I just resent that I'll be unable to contribute anything meaningful because I play at off-hours and play a tank.

Tanks will still be needed to tank the Commanders and the fact that PvP can happen there doesn't mean that the enemy base will have players garrison it 24-7 (well, maybe at launch and for a couple of weeks after it).

I just resent that I'll be unable to contribute anything meaningful because I play at off-hours and play a tank.

From my limited understanding it looks like pretty much every activity you might already be partaking in assists with gaining conquest points/guild prestige. You might not be getting frameworks but you'll be contributing.

You casuals cry about the smallest stuff its sad.. THIS IS STAR WARS THEIR IS ALWAYS PVP... JEDI VS SITH, CLONES VS DROIDS GET IT NOW??

And... do you know how fast this game would shut down if all servers were PvP servers and ganking were the norm? Faster than you can press your Capslock key.

From my limited understanding it looks like pretty much every activity you might already be partaking in assists with gaining conquest points/guild prestige. You might not be getting frameworks but you'll be contributing.

That's good to hear. It's small comfort, but a little is better than none.

Stop being carebears brah and man up

I've been playing PC and videogames for over 20 years and I've always been a carebear. I'm certainly not going to start liking PvP because you tell me to man up. Always hated almost everything PvP and always loved coop mode.

Who has the time or desire to do that? I just don't get it. Why would they roll that out on a PvE server?

Just because I roll on PVE server doesn't mean I never want to PVP. I just don't feel like PVPing all the time and getting ganked while I try to do quest.

I hate scrubs like you this is star wars get it this is what the universe is about PVP.

Then why are you playing this game? PvP was almost an afterthought here, and the game is built around PvE. You should really make better choices...

Or you can craft them. Your choice.

For just 150 Synthetic Energy Matrix cubes per 1 Purple Framework.

:csw_jabbapet:

It's another one of those odd GSH prices where Bioware added 1 extra zero by accident apparently

Edited by Pietrastor

For just 150 Synthetic Energy Matrix cubes per 1 Purple Framework.

:csw_jabbapet:

It's another one of those odd GSH prices where Bioware added 1 extra zero by accident apparently

Yeah, I actually laughed at that. Crafting this stuff will be a method of last resort and desperation, for those with far more time than three of me put together.

Yeah, I actually laughed at that. Crafting this stuff will be a method of last resort and desperation, for those with far more time than three of me put together.

I think even bathroom breaks would have to be suspended on 3-shift classic ops farming teams to realistically use crafting for room unlocks lol.

Most of GSH prices were done very well (5k Coru/DK houses that even 100% new players can purchase, amazing!), but like I said, a couple of them were off, and just just "a lil bit off", but off the charts. They already fixed Legacy cargo and Fleet comm decoration prices, time to fix everything that involves Dark Projects or perhaps Dark Projects themselves. From Purple framework crafting, to class ship decoration crafting (which we owned since... urhm... level 15) to walkers on Conquered planets, Dark Projects prices/mats need as serious rebalancing as Legacy cargo and Fleet comm decors recieved.

Ohh and Recovered Relic decorations go into this list as well. Ain't no one doing hundreds of Tyhton/Korriban runs for 1 centerpiece.

Edited by Pietrastor

No its called you will need your guild to help crafting. Not "I'm going to craft it all by myself" like everything else is in the game.

Also tanks are need for PvP, have you never heard of guard?

Edited by Zoom_VI

About half of the other SWTOR Community find you offensive, like me. get over ur crying about Pvp, when their should be more of it, as there is a Full Galactic War going on. It makes good sense to have Pvp in more areas.