Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Holy crap at IA story and ending!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Holy crap at IA story and ending!

Jetreaperz
04.24.2013 , 02:05 PM | #61
Vote Imperial Intelligence for 2014

Pietrastor
04.24.2013 , 03:04 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
If it seemed like a throw in, i'd say it's because you took a break from it so long that you forgot some aspects of the character.
Meaning? It kinda felt out of place to me as well, like "ok I get why but, not really necessary".

And I would've much prefer to have an actual gay male villain which I thought he was till the ending. The ending DOES seem like they went "Uh oh, what if someone complains about the Hunter guy hitting on male Agents? Quick! Let's reveal in last 5 minutes it's actually a girl! And give an option to kiss her! Phew!" ......

chuixupu
04.25.2013 , 02:17 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Meaning? It kinda felt out of place to me as well, like "ok I get why but, not really necessary".
Meaning, I think you may have not picked up on some of the hints about Hunter's personality and it mirrors your character to some degree.

Quote:
And I would've much prefer to have an actual gay male villain which I thought he was till the ending. The ending DOES seem like they went "Uh oh, what if someone complains about the Hunter guy hitting on male Agents? Quick! Let's reveal in last 5 minutes it's actually a girl! And give an option to kiss her! Phew!" ......
Definitely not the case, as the writer has talked about it a bit and he imagined the character to be that way from the beginning. He has no problems with writing gay characters, he is also the creator of the SGR romance character on Makeb.

The interesting thing about Hunter is how she completely lost all sense of her identity. It's the absolute extreme end of how your character could end up. I was trying to find a write-up about it that I had read but not having luck at the moment.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Pietrastor
04.25.2013 , 01:37 PM | #64
Meaning, I think you may have not picked up on some of the hints about Hunter's personality and it mirrors your character to some degree.
And how it required revealing that he's actually a woman? If it turned out to be male alien, it wouldn't change anything in Hunter's personality. But with the woman revelation and the instant "Kiss her!" option, don't be surprised if I see it as rushed fanservice to straight male players.

Definitely not the case, as the writer has talked about it a bit and he imagined the character to be that way from the beginning. He has no problems with writing gay characters, he is also the creator of the SGR romance character on Makeb.

The interesting thing about Hunter is how she completely lost all sense of her identity. It's the absolute extreme end of how your character could end up. I was trying to find a write-up about it that I had read but not having luck at the moment.
Never said the writer had problems with gay characters, but some higher-up at the dev team may have been responsible for the decision instead. You know, try to feel it from perspective of a gay player. You play the story, you notice same-sex flirts coming from Hunter, get all positively surprised about something like this being present in a mainstream MMO and like a carrot on a dangling stick you were about to catch it's suddenly revealed "You almost thought a mainstream MMO had a gay flirting didn't you? Nope! It's actually another straight flirting! Now kiss the woman ha!"

krakadyla
04.26.2013 , 04:03 AM | #65
I also liked Hunter as a gay villain ("Hey look, a bad guy whose gayness isn't his defining trait! And he's not a scenery chewing Knight of Ham'n'Cheese order like most Star Wars villains either!"), but him being an alien dude would have lessened impact of Hunter's very purpose in the story. After all, gender is primal component of one's identity, much stronger than cultural part and seeing Hunter never having one connects better than seeing alien pretending to be human. And it serves the story better than a good gay villain, IMO.

As for homoerotic overtones, don't you get some with a female Agent then? Of course, no kissy stuff, but from the bits I read and saw Hunter kind of hints at being hot for her even after the big reveal.