>>> Shadowlands 1v1 Dueling Tournament <<<

ParagonAX

Pretty sure I had won this whole thing if I had entered. >_>

How does an assassin "sap" and heal by the way? We're not seriously refering to the dot self-heals as proper healing now, are we?

No, it's when an assassin uses force cloak followed by mind trap, releasing him from combat

After that he heals himself to full, while his opponent is stuck with half his health

So it's basically like starting a dual with half health and your opponent has full

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just letting everyone know that you attempted to cheat whether it affected our duals or not, warning whoever faces you from here on.

And I realize sapping and healing isn't against the rules, and everyone is expecting a stealth to win this tournament due to this strategy.

All I'm saying is that you're nothing without sapping and healing yourself

also heard about how he tries to sap/regen, heh. guess it's different than a sith warrior

Edited by Arkillon

Let's be civil guys.

I guess no harm done with the expertise buff being taken off before duels. Gentle reminder for everyone to check their opponent's buffs before and during the duels (bring a friend to observe if need be). Screenshot if you see anything suspicious. Fraps is always welcome.

Also, sorry for people who's trying to get in the tournament after registration closed. Putting any more people in will totally mess up the brackets. I had hoped a 1 week registration period was more than enough =)

Add them into the bracket of people who lost one duel, end result will be the same imho.

No, it's when an assassin uses force cloak followed by mind trap, releasing him from combat

After that he heals himself to full, while his opponent is stuck with half his health

So it's basically like starting a dual with half health and your opponent has full

You can adjust your play and spec to deal with this (it's still obnoxiously powerful in a dueling environment though). If you went in with a full focus spec then you probably were going to lose anyway.

If your still taking people I would have liked to enter. Up here in the snow storm and didn't see the post till Thursday but wasn't sure of how the snow was going to play out here and didn't want to be stuck without power and not be able to make it. 20+ inches in 1 storm plus the snow drifts where crazy high 6ft in my backyard. If I can't we should run anouther. I think there fun and would give people a chance to face others and change there strategy against the person they lost against.

Darksidious is in Wanted now sure why that didn't update.

Edited by Xwinluke

Sorry but not taking any more participants at this point. As much as I would like to, it is not that feasible to just insert new participants into the loser's bracket. I am unable to edit the participants list without erasing and re-creating the entire tournament at http://challonge.com/Shadowlands1v1. Also, there is no way to insert participants specifically into the loser's bracket or any other spots.

That being said, I have not yet received results for Matchup E. Zarc vs. Tilyan. I am also not sure if Rukiya is able to make it for the matchup against me in B. Rukiya vs. Viperin. If any of the spots free up, I can change the participants. Will keep you guys posted.

Also, the next tournament is in the works. This is by no means the one and only tournament forever on this server, everyone will have plenty of chances to prove themselves. =)

I was just letting everyone know that you attempted to cheat whether it affected our duals or not, warning whoever faces you from here on.

And I realize sapping and healing isn't against the rules, and everyone is expecting a stealth to win this tournament due to this strategy.

All I'm saying is that you're nothing without sapping and healing yourself

Is only game. Y u heff to be mad?

Also, the next tournament is in the works. This is by no means the one and only tournament forever on this server, everyone will have plenty of chances to prove themselves. =)

Looks like this one has been going pretty well so far... nice job ;) I would probably be up for the next, after seeing the turnout for this one and how everything has been run. The winner is obviously going to be one of a select number of classes/specs, but still looks like fun.

That being said, I have not yet received results for Matchup E. Zarc vs. Tilyan. I am also not sure if Rukiya is able to make it for the matchup against me in B. Rukiya vs. Viperin. If any of the spots free up, I can change the participants. Will keep you guys posted.

)

Sent Zarc an in-game mail today to try and schedule this. Sorry for the delay!

No Leap Push Choke Backhand or Disrupt = Sad-Tal

You negated my mobility and control of the fight and forced me to either stand in fire or run out of los then have to snare walk back again

This was my warzone Immortal setup. 1v1 with other expert players it didn't do very well. Maybe next tournament I will swap to Power Mods and run Venge spec.

Earlier today though I did poop all over a 50 Guardian full tank spec so I'm still in a pretty good mood

Edited by Arlanon

No Leap Push Choke Backhand or Disrupt = Sad-Tal

You negated my mobility and control of the fight and forced me to either stand in fire or run out of los then have to snare walk back again

This was my warzone Immortal setup. 1v1 with other expert players it didn't do very well. Maybe next tournament I will swap to Power Mods and run Venge spec.

Earlier today though I did poop all over a 50 Guardian full tank spec so I'm still in a pretty good mood

haha awesome, nice to see other non-rage juggs making a good impact

Sent Zarc an in-game mail today to try and schedule this. Sorry for the delay!

Have you guys finished your duels? The deadline for the first round has passed.

Edit: tried to whisper both of you but neither are on, will have to disqualify if no reply by 10pm EST.

Edited by ParagonAX

Provisionally played the following matchups in the likely event that I won't be here in time for the next rounds:

Skillxx vs Demelain

Demelain- 3

Skillxx- 2

Impossibly close matches

Viperin vs Demelain

Demelain- 3

Viperin- 1

Good duels

Should hopefully get a matchup vs Subtelty and Becky tonight

Edited by Ryvirath

Spoke to Tilyan in game, Zarc is disqualified for no-show.

As previously stated, I'm subbing in one additional person who wanted to get in the tournament. Obiwalker is now subbed in (first in line in wait list).

Zarc sent me a mail right after we chatted and still wants in. I am stupidly busy this week, so Obiwalker can have my spot and fight Zarc. I don't want to hold up the tournament anymore than we already have.

Thanks

Zarc sent me a mail right after we chatted and still wants in. I am stupidly busy this week, so Obiwalker can have my spot and fight Zarc. I don't want to hold up the tournament anymore than we already have.

Thanks

Edit: sorting this out.

Edited by ParagonAX