Rant: What is so hard to understand about the new Warzone?

cashogy

really. what is so complicated about this that makes it so that bads make it so freaking difficult to win? ancient hypergates has the MOST STRAIGHTFORWARD OBJECTIVE of any of the warzones.

- capture pylon

- 2 guards, rest to mid

- kill people

i still do not understand why anyone even bothers with the stupid orbs.

so many people just running around the map solo or in pairs giving free points to the other team. "harassing" the cap of the opponents is not a viable tactic in this warzone.

WHAT IS SO COMPLICATED ABOUT THIS :eek::rolleyes:

oy gevalt, it is beyond ridiculous how bad/incapable of listening/downright moronic most players are in this game

really. what is so complicated about this that makes it so that bads make it so freaking difficult to win? ancient hypergates has the MOST STRAIGHTFORWARD OBJECTIVE of any of the warzones.

- capture pylon

- 2 guards, rest to mid

- kill people

so many people just running around the map solo or in pairs giving free points to the other team. "harassing" the cap of the opponents is not a viable tactic in this warzone.

oy gevalt, it is beyond ridiculous how bad/incapable of listening/downright moronic most players are in this game

I disagree that orbs are useless. They are added to your score instantly, so you can win a match that way.

Say in the last round your team scores are like this

Team 1 - 550

Team 2 - 590

Say team 1 is just doing better on kills than team 2 in the final round, so your "potential" scores are

Team 1 - 800

Team 2 - 700

Now if team 2 manages to grab an orb before the round ends, they will win since 600 is winning point. Otherwise, team 1 will win. I've won a few games like this.

Edited by Smashbrother

- capture pylon

- 2 guards, rest to mid

- kill people

Ill only say this once. You being in mid is costing your team matches. You aren't helping your team at all.

I disagree that orbs are useless. They are added to your score instantly, so you can win a match that way.

Say in the last round your team scores are like this

Team 1 - 550

Team 2 - 590

Say team 1 is just doing better on kills than team 2 in the final round, so your "potential" scores are

Team 1 - 800

Team 2 - 700

Now if team 2 manages to grab an orb before the round ends, they will win since 600 is winning point. Otherwise, team 1 will win. I've won a few games like this.

if you are getting smoked in kills, it means you do not control mid. if you do not control mid, you will not be getting any orbs. hence orbs are pointless.

as far as staying out of middle, why? controlling mid stops the other team from getting orbs, which they could use to win (as outlined by Smashbrother). if you control mid you prevent orb capping, which means they only get points from kills.

sure you can turtle at your pylon in a big group, but you will let the other team get a bunch of orbs with no resistance. controlling mid and defending your own pylon at the same time is not that difficult. no harder than controlling both side turrets on alderaan

Strats are based entirely on team makeup.

If you have lots of tanks and healers then the smartest strat is to send 4 / 4 at the start. Cap a pilon, leave 2 behind and send 2 to their pilon. The objective is to stall their cap so that the round ends entirely in your teams favor.

If you have at least 2 stealth. Send 8 to one side, leave 2 to cap and 6 to mid. The other team will go mid hard to counter your numbers in mid or risk losing orbs, etc. When the clock runs down send your stealth to their pilon and ninja it so that the round ends entirely in your teams favor.

You can also do as the initial poster suggested and fight over mid all match long. This only works if your team is heavy tanks and heals and requires that the opposing side doesn't have any means of ninja'ing your pilon. It also works well if you have bubble stunners and smashers or if the enemy team is undergeared

Edited by JackNader

One of the main problems I find with the Warzone is that you don't get points for defending. This tends to mean that those who would normally run out ahead in search of kills, getting killed themselves in the process (I always MVP the guy who defended the pylon though, it's my nod of respect).

That said, with a PUG there's always one or two guys who when faced with the fact that they really can't capture that turret in Denova, they decide to break off and give the other turret a try solo. There's always going to be a lack of coordination and teamwork, it's not just Hypergate.

My worst loss in the new one happened a couple of days ago. We were wiping the floor with them the entire match. During the final round, two guys just dropped off orbs and headed back to mid. I begged several times for one to stay. We were only 40 seconds from winning. I got mezzed and had to break it. Warned them that I did not have a CC break and to hurry back. 6 seconds later the stealth caps and we lose. Talk about frustrating.

Cash is right, at high level play the wining strat is control mid and one node. The boxes are just there to make sure mid is fought over, generally they should only be capped if the other team isn't fighting you in mid and there is no pressure on your node.

- capture pylon

- 2 guards, rest to mid

- kill people

Amazing post. Would love to wz with this guy.

With Ancient Hypergate, the WZ requires a little more teamwork and strategy.

You need to know when to assault the enemy pylon, because dying is relatively costly (it gives the opposing team points), so being undergeared provides a greater disadvantage in this WZ than any other WZ since you can potentially "feed" points.

Orbs are important because returning orbs to you pylon provides your team with more points. This does mean the difference between winning and losing at times.

Also, players like to ninja the pylon in the last 10 or seconds if there is no defense (since people will run to mid to not die).

I hate Ancient Hypergates. In every other wz map, having bads on your team means they contribute nothing. In Ancient Hypergates, having bads on your team actually helps the enemy team by giving them free kills. Horrible design choice to actually penalize players for having noobs on your squad. Didn't BW say they wanted to encourage more people to play PvP?

Cash is right, at high level play the wining strat is control mid and one node. The boxes are just there to make sure mid is fought over, generally they should only be capped if the other team isn't fighting you in mid and there is no pressure on your node.

This. The orbs are an anti-turtling mechanic, nothing more.

There IS a place for two capping if you're losing the kill race, but it is best attempted by stealthers seconds before the blast while the rest of your team keeps mid busy.

- capture pylon

- 2 guards, rest to mid

- kill people

Never faced jugg tank + op heal + tanksin combo on your node, huh?

Actually stealing the other teams pylon is a good tactic it just takes proper timing as long as you can sneak cap it right before the timer you get all there points many games I have used this to win in 2 rounds by exposing peoples natural reflexes by forcing them to cc break then lifting them and capping at the 6 second mark easy to hold and impossible for them to recap before the round ends.

Actually stealing the other teams pylon is a good tactic it just takes proper timing as long as you can sneak cap it right before the timer you get all there points many games I have used this to win in 2 rounds by exposing peoples natural reflexes by forcing them to cc break then lifting them and capping at the 6 second mark easy to hold and impossible for them to recap before the round ends.

I do this too... Problem is there's always that one idiot, running to the pylon fully visible and bringing all the heat with him ruining your chance at a ninja capture.

I was in the 'new' warzone yesterday and people were capping orbs. They completely ignored the imp pylon and they said we will win because we gather more orbs than imps. I said, goodluck with that but we will lose because imps kill more of us and the fact that nobody is giving me a hand against the two stealthers guarding the imp pylon is quite sad. Guess what? We lost with one pylon because imps killed more of us :cool:

Well, they don't exactly explain it

It's "The senario revolves around the ancient security system" - Well it obviously revolves around the two big glowy things

"The system is dangerous... pylons locked down" - What? How do you lock them down? You haven't told us anything except the security system is important and dangerous!

"GO!" - Huh? ._.

I ranted about this in game a LOT. They really don't explain the game. Heck, I didn't even know killing players yielded points until this morning!

Well, they don't exactly explain it

I felt like this about huttball. I didn't even know I *had* a new "throw ball" ability at first, because by the time I played a huttball game my visible quickbars were full, so it didn't show up anywhere. :)

But I like how there's this one true strategy for the new WZ. Right, maybe in a perfect world with your perfect team. But in PUGs you've got who knows who doing who knows what, so people try to compensate. Just read these posts for why it's hard to understand.

I felt like this about huttball. I didn't even know I *had* a new "throw ball" ability at first, because by the time I played a huttball game my visible quickbars were full, so it didn't show up anywhere. :)

But I like how there's this one true strategy for the new WZ. Right, maybe in a perfect world with your perfect team. But in PUGs you've got who knows who doing who knows what, so people try to compensate. Just read these posts for why it's hard to understand.

^^ Sorta like this. Really no excuse except me being a dumb*****, but every time I roll an alt, get into huttball with him at level 11, and it's not until I get the ball for the first time that I remember that I didn't move the "throw" ability to my usual quickslot. :)

Anybody else notice you still accumulate points for kills even if no pylon is capped? You won't see the score until one is capped, obviously. Therefore capping should actually be secondary to killing nearby enemies/keeping allies alive as long as there is plenty of time left. The reason for this is that orbs/kills are what increase your POTENTIAL score, with each pylon cap increasing that threshold, and the explosion phase is what actually raises your score to where the little slider is. Keeping a pylon capped in those last few seconds before an explosion is critical.

Also two-capping doesn't mean much if the enemy can get one/both back before the countdown.

Kills > orbs. Group up and don't feed your enemy kills. Ninja caps right b4 an explosion is about to occur are A-OK, but be sure you're weighing the risks properly, is dying worth it? Can you pull it off? Gotta stay on your toes and read into the situation at all times, much like every other WZ. If you see an opportunity to go farm some orbs, feel free, but kills should be the primary objective - this truly is a deathmatch WZ. Keep these facts in mind and you'll do fine.