Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback

DanielSteed

Hello everyone!

Some new changes for Marauders/Sentinels are now on PTS. I have updated my original post so there is a full compiled list, but here are all of the recent changes:

Carnage / Combat

• Sever / Saber Storm now increases the critical strike damage of Devastating Blast / Clashing Blast and Massacre / Blade Rush by 15% (up from 10%)
  • Ataru Mastery now increases the damage deal by Ataru Form attacks by 5% (up from 3%)

Let us know what your thoughts! Please tell us if you think certain changes make a class overpowered or underpowered.

Thx for the improvement i am playing carnage/combat literally since i started playing swtor to begin with back in 2012.

finally back the devastating blast with a big bang as much needede sustain on ataru hits. Thx a lot - would love to see the changes soon on the live server. May the Force be with you guys - Talon'kai

Hello everyone!

Some new changes for Marauders/Sentinels are now on PTS. I have updated my original post so there is a full compiled list, but here are all of the recent changes:

Carnage / Combat

• Sever / Saber Storm now increases the critical strike damage of Devastating Blast / Clashing Blast and Massacre / Blade Rush by 15% (up from 10%)
  • Ataru Mastery now increases the damage deal by Ataru Form attacks by 5% (up from 3%)

Let us know what your thoughts! Please tell us if you think certain changes make a class overpowered or underpowered.

If u should ever consider give us back our precision/ferocity window back would be awesome would set carnage/combat in a good spot again as it used to be as a spec or class who dont can do other things then literally dps. ;)

If u should ever consider give us back our precision/ferocity window back would be awesome would set carnage/combat in a good spot again as it used to be as a spec or class who dont can do other things then literally dps. ;)

one knockback/stun & your burst is gone, the stacked charges are better IMO.

Oh yay. Sents get the help (granted combat needed it), but nothing about guardian dps' issue with dealing with focus or the absolute garbage scaling of FD.

Yes, DPS Juggs need an “actual” anti focus buff. As it stands, they will still be the main focus in every Pvp match.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Huh... combat sentinel buffs. They seem too slight to make a difference, but it's better than nothing.

I must say though, the problem with combat cannot be solved with just a slight numbers buff. You need to redesign the new class skill that sentinels got or turn the armor pen buff from combat into a passive.

What happens atm is you have to use 3 off gcd buffs (armor pen buff, damage buff, zen buff) to get your damage out. That results in a pretty big apm requirement.

Gotta say that watchman has a similar issue too.

Imo, you should change the new class skill, wich is just a copy of the guardian one. Guardians didnt have a damage increase cooldown and needed it. But sentinels already had them. It was overkill. I say remove the skill, give two charges to an existing skill, like the one that gives 30 stacks of zen and compensate the damage. Fury will become a bit less bursty as well, wich is for the best, but the specs will flow much better.

Edited by Nemmar

• 2 weeks later...
I do not know if we are locked in. But again, if we can remove all resource generators from effecting Fanged God. In addition, I dunno if this going to be enough damage, however Carnage still needs a differentiation factor. Fury has better uptime, better range, better AOE and better burst in PvP (due to range and uptime), and probably still better damage. To differentiate Carnage, it needs a bit more in the utility. I would suggest again to reduce Predation cost from 30 fury to 25 (and CD with the utility to 25 secs as well). This at least gives it an edge in utility that could potentially be used for.

Chiming in to add support for the request of anti-focus tools for Guardians/Juggs. Both DPS specs are loathed by group members in PVP, and being the low hanging fruit is no fun for the player either.

In regard to the Perseverance Tactical redesign, I don’t see the point. Using it would be a DPS loss compared to the current BIS Cauterized Coronary Tactical. With current gearing, the Perseverance Tactical would represent an approximate 16.5K combined gain per activation* of Zealous Leap/Obliterate and Concentrated Slice/Furious Strike. This would represent an over 3k net loss per Cauterized Coronary cycle.

*Note the real-world difference would be an even greater loss as 2 charges of Force Clarity/Furious Power would not always be available in the rotation leaving Concentrated Slice/Furious Strike periodically unbuffed further lowering DPS.

IMO adding Riposte/Retaliation into Swift Slash/Brutality and Dispatch/Vicious Throw into Force Lash would bring DPS more in line. This would also allow minor DPS tweaks to made by adjusting Force Lash damage in the future.

Fixing the bugs for the charge system on the leaps and AOE taunts would be greatly appreciated too!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone!

Carnage / Combat

So Combat/Carnage is finally back again i see with a laughing and crying eye. Laughing eye cause it finally seems like doing som decent dps again and crying eye u r dealing more dps just to ignore ravage/blade dance in your rotation. I was a passionate player of carnage/combat - sent/mara since I started playing the game back in 2012 it was my main spec since - with all its up and down. But without ravage/master strike (describtion intended) doesnt feel like the same anymore. So all i can say goodbye combat/carnage - sent/mara. I hope there will be adjustments in the future to the spec what makes me reconsider my decision to bring my toons to the grave regarding sent/maras.

May the force be with you - tho it definetely isnt with the Spec Combat/Carnage

Edited by alexroof