Pug Groups and Master Looter?

I'm not sure how I should feel or how acceptable this is, so I would like the communities opinion on the subject. :)

Over 4 toons, I ran a total of 5 OPS (4 Xeno (SM&HM) and 1 TC) ... 4 out of the 5 OPS Groups, the Raid Leader put the Loot on Master Looter ... Nothing was Ninja'ed (Although I was afraid of that, but I don't usually go into pug groups expecting more then comms/Helix ... I have horrible luck with RNG :( )

Is this acceptable? Should I have said something? If so, what? I did put the Ops Leaders on /ignore so I don't run with them again .... I found it annoying more then anything else really ... but no one else said anything about it so I figured I wouldn't if no one else had a problem with it ...

Anyway ... :( What should one do in this situation?

At least where I come from, putting it on Master Looter is perfectly socially acceptable, and prevents circumstances where some people start rolling 'greed' on crafting mats, only to have some roll 'need' on them later, depriving the first few to roll of an equal chance at them. You also don't get cases where someone will get good RNG luck and walk away with multiple drops.

If the ops leader handed out loot fairly with ML on, I see no reason whatsoever for you to have put him on ignore; you might want to take him off your list even. Done fairly ML is the preferred way to distribute loot in my opinion.

Well, Master Looter is only as fair as the guy who's incharge of it. Quite honestly I dont see the problem with it.

For many N/G/P is just easier and less time consuming but It also means that someone might get something that could have been more useful to someone else, but everyone has a different idea of what "useful" is.

At least where I come from, putting it on Master Looter is perfectly socially acceptable, and prevents circumstances where some people start rolling 'greed' on crafting mats, only to have some roll 'need' on them later, depriving the first few to roll of an equal chance at them. You also don't get cases where someone will get good RNG luck and walk away with multiple drops.

If the ops leader handed out loot fairly with ML on, I see no reason whatsoever for you to have put him on ignore; you might want to take him off your list even. Done fairly ML is the preferred way to distribute loot in my opinion.

I see your point about the mats. I have also removed them from /ignore. I wasn't sure if it was acceptable or not (I didn't leave the group because everyone seemed ok with it so I didn't think there was any problem).

Thank you for the reply :)

You will only usually see it on TC HM and Xeno, possibly other HM's if it is pugged but it is usually rare to see since a 55 HM op being pugged is usually a recipe for disaster. I have no problem with it as long as loot rules are laid out ahead of time and everything stays on the up and up. Usually you can tell when something is a little shady when all of a sudden somebodies health drops because they swapped out accordingly or somebody types in their roll but that is usually an issue with somebody in the group being shady not the lead, and that can happen either way honestly, but I do think it is the fairest way to do things sometimes.

You will only usually see it on TC HM and Xeno, possibly other HM's if it is pugged but it is usually rare to see since a 55 HM op being pugged is usually a recipe for disaster. I have no problem with it as long as loot rules are laid out ahead of time and everything stays on the up and up. Usually you can tell when something is a little shady when all of a sudden somebodies health drops because they swapped out accordingly or somebody types in their roll but that is usually an issue with somebody in the group being shady not the lead, and that can happen either way honestly, but I do think it is the fairest way to do things sometimes.

The HM's I can understand, but the TC one was Storymode. I understand how it can be used for good, but it can also be used for bad, and I guess.... more than anything ... I was curious if it was worth it to wait it out and see ... I did, and it worked out ... but one cannot expect EVERY ML to go smoothly or fairly.

ML on: Low risk for ninja, but if there's a problem it'll be big

ML off: High risk for ninja, but the right person might still get the gear with a good roll

pick your poison. A well-handled ML would increase the chance I run with him again since he proved trustworthy, and with the risk of ninjas eliminated.

My guild has a core 8-man group that is extremely well-geared and knowledgeable, however we often run 16-mans to include casual guildies and scout new talent.

We always use Master Looter. Crafting materials go to the guild...this is the price of admission for guaranteed success while all other drops are /rolled for with priority given to people who actually need it. If no one speaks up it gets randomed.

Haven't had any complaints so far most puggers just seem grateful to get carried through Ops in record time with no wipes.

My guild usually runs ML for pug runs, but the funny thing is the last two times we've had an issue when not using it, it's been with a guildie needing for alts, which is only allowed when stated so if no one else in the group needs the item and it's a guild only run. Otherwise everyone greeds and the pugs have a fair chance to get something extra for helping all of us to make up the slots needed for the extra ultimates on 16-man.

I was about to swap over to ML for a HM Xeno I put together the other day, but as I didn't set it from the start I felt that I would basically be telling everyone in there that I didn't trust them so I just left it alone. No one ninja'd and I won a Red Sphere, all gravy. ML is the norm for a large number of pugs, never really had any issues.

I was about to swap over to ML for a HM Xeno I put together the other day, but as I didn't set it from the start I felt that I would basically be telling everyone in there that I didn't trust them so I just left it alone.
Good call...after the fight starts changing the loot rules makes me think the leader can't be tursted and on my healer, I would just hit escape and jump out of fight, if I didn't know or trust the leader.

Nothing wrong with Master Looter. To me it is the way to go in PUGs, otherwise you get people needing for alts. Just have to trust the leader to be honest, not setting Master Loot means you have to trust everyone. Still easier not to want anything from a PUG, but comms, but even then it is too much drama for me when people are stealing others drops, so I watch the drops and quit the group if there is dishonesty happening. Not worth my time or enjoyment dealing with jerks when I can easily find a group I know and trust.

Edited by mikebevo