Odessan Forged Weapon Buffs Missing

Bazzamundi

I ran most of my toons through KotFE, etc. and they have the Odessan forged weapon to fight Arcann...and also get the buffs when it's equipped. Those few toons which I did not run through the full storyline....I wanted the to get the weapon/buffs too...so ran one through the chapter where you get it...received the weapon and finished the chapter...and no buffs. Then completed final Arcann fight chapter and beat him...but with no special buffs, and then no buffs after the fight.

Filed a bug report, but they said to take it to the forums, and so I am. Many thanks...I assume there is an easy answer to this.

I ran most of my toons through KotFE, etc. and they have the Odessan forged weapon to fight Arcann...and also get the buffs when it's equipped. Those few toons which I did not run through the full storyline....I wanted the to get the weapon/buffs too...so ran one through the chapter where you get it...received the weapon and finished the chapter...and no buffs. Then completed final Arcann fight chapter and beat him...but with no special buffs, and then no buffs after the fight.

Filed a bug report, but they said to take it to the forums, and so I am. Many thanks...I assume there is an easy answer to this.

It's possible you can't get the buff if you skip through the expansion. It may be related to the decisions you need to make (and that are made for you). Try running the final chapter on one of your alts that does have the weapon and played through the whole expansion. If no buffs appear on that character, then it may be a bug. Otherwise it's probably just a side effect of choosing to skip, just like the effect on your companion romances.

It sucks, I know. But it's unlikely to change.

Thanks for the response; most appreciative. I surmise you actually know how this works, and I appreciate the input. So am I safe to extrapolate from this exchange that my toons which have not gone through KofTE in its entirety, can no longer engage it, and are thus, perpetually barred from getting the buffed weapons.

Or...am I to understand (realizing I may have to run some toons through to test the 'theory') that if one of them goes through all the chapters it will kick in. Since I cannot go back and "officially" do the storyline after having done Onslaught, I would only able to do them piecemeal. That doesn't seem likely, so I'm guessing that any toon that did the Onslaught intro is not eligible now. Thoughts?

So bottom line....if I didn't run them through KofTE previously, I'm out of luck on any toon that initiated Onslaught? Thanks again for your input.

It's possible that they removed that buff while re-adjusting things for Onslaught.

Or maybe you didn't get the buff because of some auto-complete thing - but I doubt that: there's no point at which you can choose not to have the buff.

The good news is that you only use the buff during the Arcaan fight, and you don't really need it. (I did that on several characters where I forgot about the buff.)

Edited by JediQuaker

Thanks again for the responses. I am puzzled at this one. It seems as though there was a conscious move by Bioware to mitigate the ability to just do one chapter and get the weapon buffs...I get that. But to shut it down completely as an option if I engaged Onslaught. That is poor....please say 'tisn't so.

Any insights from others out there who have managed to get the buffs somehow after doing Onslaught, would be welcome. Just want to the Odessan Forged weapon buffs on the toons I didn't run through KotFE yet...about 5 of them.

Many thanks!!