Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will there be a character transfer sale soon?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will there be a character transfer sale soon?

Talon_strikes
10.17.2020 , 01:02 AM | #1
The last transfer sale was part of a special multi-week CM sale to kickoff the release of Onslaught last year. I had no PC at the time and therefore missed out. Will there be another transfer sale soon? Maybe it could be a part of this year's SWTOR's anniversary? Would be really nice
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

DarkTergon
10.17.2020 , 01:30 AM | #2
It's been asked a few times, but so far ignored. Personally I wouldn't use it, but there are people who would, so I'll plus 1 this
They are so busy being non conformists, they are actually becoming more of a conformist , than conformists are {stupid is a hard barrier}
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Kaveat
10.17.2020 , 09:28 AM | #3
We are more likely to see a final server merge /collapse than a sale on xfers again, but here's hoping. I miss the 90cc xfers...but tbh, unless you have something (deco's, items, legacy level, unlocked legacy perks, etc - abd for those unaware - it only takes one xfer to transition legacy levels/perks and deco's) on the source server that you want on the 'new to you" server, character slots are 600 CC's - cheaper to just re-roll/level and move on.

Either way, just keep in mind that xfers do not include a character slot on the target server. if you do not have an open slot, it will fail (by reports without a proper explanation as to why it failed), so be prepared
[end of line]
I have never 'suffered' from insanity... I always enjoy every minute of it!

Zerileth
10.17.2020 , 10:31 AM | #4
I have 3 characters left on a server I don't really play on. I don't play anywhere near enough for multiple servers anymore. I'd love to get them all on one. I'm no longer an altaholic and have reduced my total characters down to 10, maybe 9 soon.

I can't believe many pay the 1000 cc for 1 character transfer. I'd think it would benefit Bioware to have a more reasonable price but obviously we can't see their numbers to know what makes sense and what doesn't.

I think the day BW decides to do another server merger is the day this game goes into maintenance mode. Seriously, I wonder if one big powerful server on the east coast could handle all the remaining players. Oh well.

Transfer sale YES! Bioware actually implementing one: doubtful.

BenduKundalini
10.17.2020 , 01:08 PM | #5
That would be cool

Although I have a million decos available on Star Forge and the others, I now have a gazillion decos on Leviathan.

Itching do send one ambassador from the old world to SF !!!!

lukeisjedi
10.17.2020 , 02:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaveat View Post
We are more likely to see a final server merge /collapse than a sale on xfers again, but here's hoping. I miss the 90cc xfers...but tbh, unless you have something (deco's, items, legacy level, unlocked legacy perks, etc - abd for those unaware - it only takes one xfer to transition legacy levels/perks and deco's) on the source server that you want on the 'new to you" server, character slots are 600 CC's - cheaper to just re-roll/level and move on.

Either way, just keep in mind that xfers do not include a character slot on the target server. if you do not have an open slot, it will fail (by reports without a proper explanation as to why it failed), so be prepared
Game is doing good right now. No need to do another merge.

Kaveat
10.17.2020 , 04:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by lukeisjedi View Post
Game is doing good right now. No need to do another merge.
It's not about the health (or lack there of) of any specific server(s), but from a management and scalability point it just makes more sense
[end of line]
I have never 'suffered' from insanity... I always enjoy every minute of it!

DarkTergon
10.18.2020 , 12:57 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BenduKundalini View Post
That would be cool

Although I have a million decos available on Star Forge and the others, I now have a gazillion decos on Leviathan.

Itching do send one ambassador from the old world to SF !!!!
if you are lucky, a couple of people might click your link, and get you the 1000cc's to transfer, that's assuming you aren't eyeing up something nice on the CM...lol.
They are so busy being non conformists, they are actually becoming more of a conformist , than conformists are {stupid is a hard barrier}
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ