Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sheild Choice: Charged Plating Question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Sheild Choice: Charged Plating Question

MrWoolie
02.26.2014 , 03:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Yndras View Post
I reserve judgement until I get confirmation of that. THe above does not sound feasible.
If you search up some old QQ forums about GSF, you will find your evidence. Back then, GS was capable of one shotting anyone with bypass and slug rail gun, even strikers. This was because Charge Plating was their default shield. Essentially, this led to a large amount of rail damage bypassing shields and bring down a strike in one hit.

Also, this is Bioware. Your idea that something is not feasible because the concept is too stupid to make it into the game, sadly, is not viable.

Take a look at Ion rail, the not contributing system, former RNG evasion on DF, etc.
And look at me in the eye and say these are absolutely amazing ideas.
POT5 - Spectrum Legacy
Ivekov - 55 + 8 other Crew Skill holders
Wookie Clothing Manufacturer since 1977.

Sidenti
02.26.2014 , 04:22 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MrWoolie View Post
If you search up some old QQ forums about GSF, you will find your evidence. Back then, GS was capable of one shotting anyone with bypass and slug rail gun, even strikers. This was because Charge Plating was their default shield. Essentially, this led to a large amount of rail damage bypassing shields and bring down a strike in one hit.

Also, this is Bioware. Your idea that something is not feasible because the concept is too stupid to make it into the game, sadly, is not viable.

Take a look at Ion rail, the not contributing system, former RNG evasion on DF, etc.
The non-contribution system still needs work. How the hell can I fly a bomber, get 20 kills, 15 assists, 92k in damage and STILL be told I'm not contributing?! XD

Gavin_Kelvar
02.26.2014 , 05:18 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Itkovian View Post
It is, that's how it works. That's why nobody uses Charged Plating anymore. Very sadly, I admit.
Yeah it looks like it has so much potential until you get into a match and wonder why your hull has suddenly become orange before you've even lost a shield arc. At least that was my experience with Charged Plating before 2.6, not sure if the buff improved it but I'm not inclined to try it again since its usefulness is so dependent on the load out of your enemies, more so than quick charge or directional shields.

Yndras
02.26.2014 , 08:29 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MrWoolie View Post

Yes, I was an advocate in beta that this was changed, but this was when there was 50% bleed through, I thought now that it was only 20% it would be much move favourable.

However, it seems I was incorrect, the damage does bypass the ability and the armour choice.(I got pealed to pieces in seconds by heavies with the active ability on)

THanks for the info people.

p.s bioware - Please adjust this to make the shield choice worthwhile.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary