Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Long wait time

Vialator
02.25.2014 , 07:47 PM | #1
I am unfortunately on a EU server and due to the nature of my work schedule(do mostly night shift) I end up playing Star wars at unusual times during the evening and I am enjoying this galactic star fighter since recently returning........but its the extremely long wait times( due to playing so late on EU server as I am in the UK)- up to and over an hour or more for one game ....... (tears rolling)

Are they going to implement any kind of cross server system so we all can join in- to lessen the wait times.

Or should I reroll to another server where they busy at this time of night- I do play days but most times it will be at night. Is rolling a toon on a US server worth it?

Any kind of info to help me out would be appreciated
Huh?

Sadishist
02.25.2014 , 07:49 PM | #2
Grouped players cut you in line. I don't agree with this matchmaking since new GSF players are all pugs and thus this stunts GSF playerbase growth. Should be first come, first serve.

mr_sim
02.25.2014 , 07:59 PM | #3
Bioware is extremely resistant to cross server play. In fact they apparently allude to it being beyond the game code.

Even that being said I personally would only want to see Cross server for ranked PvP, The is no word on ranked GSF though.

If you play late night GMT then why no hop on an EST server. I'm on Jedi Covenant (east coast PVE) and can assure you very reasonable times if not excellent times for short ques.

I realize changing servers is not the greatest thing however GSF is a very independent thing from the rest of the game. We are seeing GSF only guilds even. You can send me a PM and I can get you in touch with some GSF players on Jedi Covenant if your interested.
Striker Pilot - Jedi Covenant - Imperial Forces

<Roving Guns>

Zharik
02.25.2014 , 08:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by mr_sim View Post
Bioware is extremely resistant to cross server play. In fact they apparently allude to it being beyond the game code.
Mind you this is just a guess, but I think the game wouldn't know how to handle the same name on 2 different toons in the same match. I honestly cannot fathom another reason it would not work just fine...
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Members (x18).

My Referral Link for some Free things (for you and me)

Vialator
02.25.2014 , 09:16 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zharik View Post
Mind you this is just a guess, but I think the game wouldn't know how to handle the same name on 2 different toons in the same match. I honestly cannot fathom another reason it would not work just fine...
Surely it could handle it- if they do it like WoW did- and put hte players server tag on the end as well.
I am pretty sure the game engine could handle it-been what newer then WoW's engine?

Though yeah I think I will have to roll a char purely for gsf on a US server - which kinda sucks as you would want everything on same characters and such
Huh?

Armonddd
02.25.2014 , 09:33 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by mr_sim View Post
Nothing is beyond the game code, just beyond how much time they want to spend coding it in. That's just how computers work. Most of the time it involves black magic that people don't understand, but there's an exceptionally common hack to calculate one over the square root of x, which is incredibly important because it's used all the time in things like lighting effects and angles of reflection and whatnot.

That said, saying for two years that cross-server anything is impossible and then saying "we could do it but it'll take us six months so give us some time" is bad too. People will start expecting it in six months, get upset with the lack of anything else, and quit before it's implemented.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>