Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Crafting Changes Coming in December (6.0.2)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crafting Changes Coming in December (6.0.2)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RPMSKMC's Avatar


RPMSKMC
11.13.2019 , 01:46 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Not to be a jerk, but that's not really an accomplishment. Old rafting was faceroll. You'd have to be a young child to not be able to grasp the old crafting system.
The point wasn't that crafting is hard or not easy to grasp. The point is that I have taken the time and effort to level things up prior to now, but these changes have made the cost of my time not worth the reward.

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
11.13.2019 , 01:55 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey all,

We have been reading your feedback since Onslaught launched (and of course from PTS beforehand) on your feelings on the current state of crafting. We agree with your feedback that it isn’t where we want it to be either. There are quite a few changes planned for 6.0.2 in December and we want to give you a preview of those changes today. As 6.0.2 will not have its own PTS, please use this thread to share your feedback on the changes.
  • The materials required for “material combination” schematics was too high. We are making the following changes:
    • Premium and Prototype material requirements have been reduced to 6 each (down from 10).
    • Artifact material requirements have been reduced to 12 each (down from 15).
    • The requirements to convert Premium combination materials to Prototype has been reduced to 2 (down from 3).
  • Although we want to incentivize harvesting over missions for gathering skills, mission inflow was a little too low:
    • Increase overall inflow of Premium quality materials from Missions.
    • Increase material rewards from Wealthy Yield Missions.
    • Reduce the overall failure rate of “grey” quality Missions.
  • Getting crafting schematics when deconstructing gear was too hard with too low of a chance:
    • Broadly increased the chance to earn crafting schematics from deconstructing.
    • Sort of related, we are making a pass to ensure that deconstruction is giving the correct professions materials. Raise any specifics you have where this isn’t the case.
  • Too high of a requirement for Matrixes when crafting:
    • The Matrix material requirement has been removed from all schematics below Artifact quality.
    • We are looking closely at data around inflow of Legendary Ember requirements. We may increase requirements here but this is still being investigated.
  • The materials that you are earning are not coming in at the correct ratio of Premium : Prototype : Artifact to correlate with expenditure:
    • Rebalancing material inflow to match a 7:2:1 ratio that many of you have raised.
These are all currently planned changes for 6.0.2 so please let us know your thoughts. As always, we will continue to monitor crafting data and your feedback post-6.0.2 and make further changes as needed! Thanks everyone.

-eric
Thanks Eric,

This addresses pretty much all my concerns except one.

Right now biochem is useful for the stims/adrenals/med packs. Synthweaving/Armormech/Armstech are good for augments only and Artifice/Cybertech are good for nothing really. Ok there are some schems for tacticals but that's really it. This is relative endgame of course.

That is an EXTREMELY narrow scope for endgame crafting. I kind of feel ripped off not only by the stuf that you are now going to change but also the point that there's a lot of cost involved in raising crafting only to find out you can barely do anything useful with it anymore. I would still hope that you would look into things like adding amplifiers to crafting. The idea is that you can deconstruct mods to get schems for amplifiers as well. Those schems are for amplifiers that you can use to apply to mods. They should not have the cheapest material costs and they should be divided over the 6 crafting skills. Roughly speaking:
Synthweaving: Force related Defense and Heal Amps
Artifice: Force Related Offensive Amps
Armormech: Tech Defensive and Heal Amps
Armstech: Tech Offensive Amps
Biochem: Gathering and Stim related
Cybertech: All others and Amplifier kits

Just an idea of course, but really something should be done to make crafting more than just stims and augments and I think that you've heard the concerns about the RNG and cost for Amplifiers today. I would get that this would be too much to manage for December but I really hope you will do something to make crafting more useful than it is now.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

damonskye's Avatar


damonskye
11.13.2019 , 02:08 PM | #33
I'd like to put a good word in for REDUCING THE NUMBER OF VENDOR-BOUGHT ITEMS required. You know, the "standard xxx" items you buy from the Crew Skills vendor.

It's nothing but a wasted credit sink... it negatively impacts the players who cannot afford it, while the ones with tons of credits don't really care much. Training all 3 of your crew skill is already a 1.5 million credit sink anyway, there's just no reason for this to be so expensive!
"Story is flavor. Content is substance. ... SWTOR needs new content. Desperately."
- KeyboardNinja.

_NovaBlast_'s Avatar


_NovaBlast_
11.13.2019 , 02:22 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Nee-Elder View Post
See this thread for clarification: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971484

And you might be interested in these as well: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1114...e-update-6.0.1
Thanks looks like i'm heading back to eso in a couple days .
<3 Kira is back <3 YAY !!! ...for 2 min.... and then ..no interaction
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
If you're playing a BioWare game for something other than story and characters then you're doing it wrong.
UNSUBBED https://ibb.co/sVsmNyp

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
11.13.2019 , 02:29 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
I'd like to put a good word in for REDUCING THE NUMBER OF VENDOR-BOUGHT ITEMS required. You know, the "standard xxx" items you buy from the Crew Skills vendor.

It's nothing but a wasted credit sink... it negatively impacts the players who cannot afford it, while the ones with tons of credits don't really care much. Training all 3 of your crew skill is already a 1.5 million credit sink anyway, there's just no reason for this to be so expensive!
I'm not sure I agree with this. The reason is that they are high in numbers but much lower in cost. I think before 6.0 the high end ones cost 1850 credits each. Now it's around 300-400 or something like that.

And the game does need credit sinks. But I would prefer to have a higher price with lower numbers cause even when I buy 500 of them they don't last. I would already be happy if they simply reduced the requirements by half and simply doubled the price. High numbers for the sake of high numbers is just not really helpful.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Flying-Brian's Avatar


Flying-Brian
11.13.2019 , 02:39 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey all,

We have been reading your feedback since Onslaught launched (and of course from PTS beforehand) on your feelings on the current state of crafting. We agree with your feedback that it isn’t where we want it to be either.
-eric
Eric, I'm sorry but you come across very condescending with that statement.

That fact is that you did not listen to any of the feedback about crafting while on the PTS, and it launched exactly where you wanted it to be with 6.0. Because only you (devs) know why such punitive changes where made in the first place.

swiftrav's Avatar


swiftrav
11.13.2019 , 02:54 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
Eric, I'm sorry but you come across very condescending with that statement.

That fact is that you did not listen to any of the feedback about crafting while on the PTS, and it launched exactly where you wanted it to be with 6.0. Because only you (devs) know why such punitive changes where made in the first place.
Agree with your statement, I know lots of folks posted what they could on the matter and I have to admit still wrapping my head around why the change that went through to live even in the first place. I know it takes time to get things down and I'm glad they are speaking about it and look to correct what's going in but I would also like to know why we are waiting over month to have crafting fixes implemented when it seem this is a big aspect of the game that is being a effected.

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
11.13.2019 , 03:06 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
Eric, I'm sorry but you come across very condescending with that statement.

That fact is that you did not listen to any of the feedback about crafting while on the PTS, and it launched exactly where you wanted it to be with 6.0. Because only you (devs) know why such punitive changes where made in the first place.
It's utterly ridiculous to say his statement is condescending. That just makes no sense.

And you do have to learn the difference between "not listening" and "not getting what you want".

They have to listen to many different opinions and balance it with what they want to achieve themselves. So they will rarely do exactly do what you or I specifically ask.

It is also entirely possible that they did hear the complaints but needed to see what the larger player base would do on the live servers and adjust things based on a more solid basis. The fact that changes are coming next month is rather quick for BW and it tells me they were probably already planning to do this before 6.0 even hit the live servers. So maybe they did listen, but don't have the same timetable as you.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Transcendent's Avatar


Transcendent
11.13.2019 , 03:13 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

The materials required for “material combination” schematics was too high. We are making the following changes:
  • Premium and Prototype material requirements have been reduced to 6 each (down from 10).
  • Artifact material requirements have been reduced to 12 each (down from 15).
  • The requirements to convert Premium combination materials to Prototype has been reduced to 2 (down from 3).
Definitely positive steps, thank you.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Although we want to incentivize harvesting over missions for gathering skills, mission inflow was a little too low:
  • Increase overall inflow of Premium quality materials from Missions.
  • Increase material rewards from Wealthy Yield Missions.
  • Reduce the overall failure rate of “grey” quality Missions.
With regards to the first point, does this include both Rich and Bountiful missions? Which tend to be the primary missions run due to being the most cost effective, otherwise we're in the double dipping scenario of having to run Rich / Bountiful and Abundant / Moderate missions, which does have a knock on effect of both the time to craft (even with the reduction in component requirements) as well as cost. Not all crew missions provide materials that can be harvested from gathering on planets (Diplomacy / Treasure Hunting / Investigation / Underworld Trading), so not all materials can be negated cost wise. Especially when considering there is a strong mix of Premium to make Prototype, which makes Artifact components in 6.0 crafting.

Also, can the devs give some of the Crew Missions a quick pass-through please? Different materials are not always available from the same type of mission, I'll include an example;

Spoiler


I have another question on the last part about failure of missions, specifically related to amplifiers on gear. Can we get some form of confirmation on how the 10.5% we can gain for successful missions from amplifiers is worked out please Eric? For example, is this in addition to having Rank 50 companions and subscriber perks base values, or was the 10.5% taken off the base values prior to adding it back in, in the form of amplifiers? Some clarification on exactly how the 10.5% has an effect would be greatly appreciated. I might have missed something related to amplifiers, as others may have also.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Getting crafting schematics when deconstructing gear was too hard with too low of a chance:
  • Broadly increased the chance to earn crafting schematics from deconstructing.
  • Sort of related, we are making a pass to ensure that deconstruction is giving the correct professions materials. Raise any specifics you have where this isn’t the case.
Do we have specifics on the percentage changes being made? I'd hate for this to be negative feedback once done, even if it goes from where it is now to something like this;

Spoiler


That's something I would see as a positive change and would welcome.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Too high of a requirement for Matrixes when crafting:
  • The Matrix material requirement has been removed from all schematics below Artifact quality.
  • We are looking closely at data around inflow of Legendary Ember requirements. We may increase requirements here but this is still being investigated.
That's great the Matrix has been removed from anything below Artifact quality, definitely an improvement. Legendary Embers feel about right from the what I've crafted with them, not too high but not too low. Definitely a choice before crafting something.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

The materials that you are earning are not coming in at the correct ratio of Premium : Prototype : Artifact to correlate with expenditure:
  • Rebalancing material inflow to match a 7:2:1 ratio that many of you have raised.
Does this include node harvesting from open world sources? Also specifically on Archaeology nodes, can the balance between Artifact Fragments, Power Crystals and Colour Crystals be addressed? There simply isn't a good ratio currently with too many Colour Crystals and not enough Power Crystals.


Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

These are all currently planned changes for 6.0.2 so please let us know your thoughts. As always, we will continue to monitor crafting data and your feedback post-6.0.2 and make further changes as needed! Thanks everyone.

-eric
Thanks for the heads up on the changes. Mostly positive, depending on a few factors not disclosed.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

Nee-Elder's Avatar


Nee-Elder
11.13.2019 , 03:24 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by _NovaBlast_ View Post
Thanks looks like i'm heading back to eso in a couple days .
The irony of course being: Much of SWTOR's 6.0 was umm inspired by ESO's very similar systems.

If only BioWare had also been given the green-light to create a SWTOR version of 'Cyrodiil' , with SW Base defending as 'Keeps/Castles' and Secret Plans as 'Scrolls to own' and Blaster-cannons & Turrets as 'catapults' , etc. etc. ( coughs: What original 2012 ILUM open-world area should've been from the start)

Either way, i prefer STAR WARS, so i stay right here.

To Each His Own .
Never tell me the odds!