Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Changes Coming in December (6.0.2)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crafting Changes Coming in December (6.0.2)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DawnAskham
12.03.2019 , 10:32 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Death-Hammer View Post
Have they said when they going to post more details about the crafting and other changes coming in 6.02?
Nope, and I don't expect any more than some basic information in the patch notes (though more would certainly be appreciated).

Maybe we'll get some drive by comments of the 'we are listening, working on it, more to come later' variety.

But I don't expect to see a detailed post explaining exactly what changed, or any details such as the new effective success / failure rates of missions, effective crit rates, intended effects of crafting amplifiers, etc.

Not to say I wouldn't be happy if my expectations were exceeded, just based on what I've seen in the past and how little communication we've seen since 6.0, I am keeping my expectations very low.

Death-Hammer
12.03.2019 , 10:46 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
But I don't expect to see a detailed post explaining exactly what changed, or any details such as the new effective success/failure rates of missions, effective crit rates, intended effects of crafting amplifiers, etc.
See that is exactly what I was hoping to see them post. I guess your right and I should temper my expectations. Thanks for the reply
My Referral Link you ask, Here you go

http://www.swtor.com/r/BhXlYb

Transcendent
12.03.2019 , 11:37 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Void_Singer View Post
The "icing on the cake" for me was that they want to promote harvesting as a viable replacement for running missions, as if players can't do simple addition. even for me running a pure harvest toon, I can clear out an area, take a break and come back and do it again as they respawn.... during off hours. During active hours? hah, forget it, whoever got there first can camp them and gather 95% of it before anyone else can touch it. and increasing the yields or spawn frequency doesn't help, it just encourages the gold farmers, which I'm sure we can all agree is NOT a good thing.
I came across a "player" who had clearly automated gathering the two Bio nodes on Mek-sha the other day, in the Red Zone. I decided to video it, upload it and send the link to Eric. Whether it gets acted upon is entirely down to him.

However with this said, the solution really does look simple from a players perspective, don't have nodes respawn in the same location every single time. If nodes had 2-3 "alternate" spawn points on a map in close vicinity to each other you could remove the bot issue without impacting those who work out a route to gather materials for crafting. You could also include a variable timer for respawn on those nodes to lessen the impact of one single person just hoovering up all of those nodes.

Otherwise it's pointless BioWare stating they want players to get materials by gathering, they need to do the legwork to make that a viable option. Especially on planets like Tatooine where nodes are pretty sparse. I can only think of a few planets that have good quantities of nodes depending on what you are gathering. As for Grade 7 materials? That's another truly lacklustre availability of gathering nodes on decent respawns.

BioWare really need to fix their mess before saying they want players to get materials by gathering, it just shows a complete lack of understanding and contempt of their player base to even make that assertion considering the current implementation.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

Rion_Starkiller
12.03.2019 , 03:11 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Death-Hammer View Post
Have they said when they going to post more details about the crafting and other changes coming in 6.02?
The Life Day event and 6.0.2 is supposed to launch on the same day: December 17th (from what I can tell). So I hope to see the patch notes by Friday after next.
-Beruhl (ง︡'-'︠)ง

8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want can i borrow a stim?
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

Death-Hammer
12.03.2019 , 03:30 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
The Life Day event and 6.0.2 is supposed to launch on the same day: December 17th (from what I can tell). So I hope to see the patch notes by Friday after next.
I missed where they said the day it would even drop, So at least I know that now. Thanks
My Referral Link you ask, Here you go

http://www.swtor.com/r/BhXlYb

TrixxieTriss
12.03.2019 , 06:10 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey all,

We have been reading your feedback since Onslaught launched (and of course from PTS beforehand) on your feelings on the current state of crafting. We agree with your feedback that it isn’t where we want it to be either. There are quite a few changes planned for 6.0.2 in December and we want to give you a preview of those changes today. As 6.0.2 will not have its own PTS, please use this thread to share your feedback on the changes.
  • The materials required for “material combination” schematics was too high. We are making the following changes:
    • Premium and Prototype material requirements have been reduced to 6 each (down from 10).
    • Artifact material requirements have been reduced to 12 each (down from 15).
    • The requirements to convert Premium combination materials to Prototype has been reduced to 2 (down from 3).
  • Although we want to incentivize harvesting over missions for gathering skills, mission inflow was a little too low:
    • Increase overall inflow of Premium quality materials from Missions.
    • Increase material rewards from Wealthy Yield Missions.
    • Reduce the overall failure rate of “grey” quality Missions.
  • Getting crafting schematics when deconstructing gear was too hard with too low of a chance:
    • Broadly increased the chance to earn crafting schematics from deconstructing.
    • Sort of related, we are making a pass to ensure that deconstruction is giving the correct professions materials. Raise any specifics you have where this isn’t the case.
  • Too high of a requirement for Matrixes when crafting:
    • The Matrix material requirement has been removed from all schematics below Artifact quality.
    • We are looking closely at data around inflow of Legendary Ember requirements. We may increase requirements here but this is still being investigated.
  • The materials that you are earning are not coming in at the correct ratio of Premium : Prototype : Artifact to correlate with expenditure:
    • Rebalancing material inflow to match a 7:2:1 ratio that many of you have raised.
These are all currently planned changes for 6.0.2 so please let us know your thoughts. As always, we will continue to monitor crafting data and your feedback post-6.0.2 and make further changes as needed! Thanks everyone.

-eric
It’s December 4th. Do you have an update or schedule for when 6.0.2 is going to be released and is it going to include game bug fixes and adjustments to the loot tables or Nerfs / buffs to any gear or class abilities this time?

TrixxieTriss
12.03.2019 , 06:11 PM | #117
How do you know it’s supposed to launch that date? I’ve not seen anything that says that.

Phazonfreak
12.04.2019 , 12:34 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
How do you know it’s supposed to launch that date? I’ve not seen anything that says that.
They roll out 6.0.2 together with Life Day.

Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Patch 6.0.2 will be our last update for 2019 and we’ll target its availability mid-December. It’ll have additional bug fixes along with the following:
  • Life Day returns and has new items for you to enjoy.
  • It’s our 8th year anniversary, so the vendor will have some new items.
  • We’re adding new missions on Mek-Sha, including new heroics.
  • You’ll be able to recruit Tharan for your Consular and as he says, “It’s Tharan, not spelled the dumb way”.
  • Ranked Season 12 for our PvP players begins and winners from last season will get their well-deserved rewards.
  • Crafting changes – it begins! Yes, we’re taking a hard look at crafting and will make some adjustments starting with this patch.

Keith

TrixxieTriss
12.04.2019 , 01:11 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Phazonfreak View Post
They roll out 6.0.2 together with Life Day.
Ok then. Thanks for sharing

Tsillah
12.04.2019 , 03:24 AM | #120
Normally they post the patch notes the monday before patch day so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB