Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Harry Potter, Helm's Deep, and Early Game Access

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Harry Potter, Helm's Deep, and Early Game Access

Jirian
12.13.2011 , 10:49 PM | #61
Very nice post agree 100% with all points.

Deisel
12.13.2011 , 10:52 PM | #62
sticky this. sticky it all over biowares face... the suits. the ones who thought this would work because they believed some nerd who told them so.
Is this where I put the signature? Well I want to show everyone I have the collector's edition and seem like a really cool guy. Will bold type and color text help say that?

darthnc
12.13.2011 , 10:53 PM | #63
As a high level manager in a large telecommunications company, I love what the OP said. We spend millions trying to make the most customers not just satisfied but very satisfied.
This was an opportunity to do just that and Bioware squandered it.

While i am not whining about their decisions, I feel they were made to make you want to preorder immediately the next time a Bioware product comes out, when in fact what they make me want to do is not preorder at all.

daveytech
12.13.2011 , 10:55 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnc View Post
As a high level manager in a large telecommunications company, I love what the OP said. We spend millions trying to make the most customers not just satisfied but very satisfied.

While i am not whining about their decisions, I feel they were made to make you want to preorder immediately the next time a Bioware product comes out, when in fact what they make me want to do is not preorder at all.
I don't understand how you can come to that conclusion. What did they do to shake your confidence to such a high degree? I hope you don't work for AT&T.

Deisel
12.13.2011 , 10:56 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnc View Post

exactly. i too work in a similar field and we do this as well. good pr may not be the cheapest either, but the loss of $ goes waay beyond to cover the damage of bad pr
Is this where I put the signature? Well I want to show everyone I have the collector's edition and seem like a really cool guy. Will bold type and color text help say that?

Khardune
12.13.2011 , 10:57 PM | #66
Nice post, agree 100%

CommieKras
12.13.2011 , 10:59 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by daveytech View Post
I don't understand how you can come to that conclusion. What did they do to shake your confidence to such a high degree?
The frustration and disappointment conveyed on these forums is proof enough that confidence has been shaken. Consider what impression someone who was on the fence about this game would have if they visited these forums today? Would it be a positive impression? Or would the same opinion of disappointment ringing out poison their position towards purchasing this game?

Bioware had an extraordinary opportunity to generate goodwill from fans (as well as their respect) and impress potential customers but, alas, we see that this has not been the case.

darthnc
12.13.2011 , 11:00 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by daveytech View Post
I don't understand how you can come to that conclusion. What did they do to shake your confidence to such a high degree? I hope you don't work for AT&T.
You don't think the next MMO to come out, some people will think "I better preorder right away" remembering how this one went? Then they can use your cash to pay for development.

NeverSurrender
12.13.2011 , 11:01 PM | #69
I agree that your post is written very well but how can they tell people 'this is when you are getting your early access' and if some unforseen problem arises. They would have even more of an issue because they did tell you this is when you are getting on. People would be even more hysterical than they are now.
Everyone should go in to this expecting some problems and if there are none then all the better. What mmo launch has ever been smooth. They never said you will get early access. They said you may have up to 5 days. So why would anyone expect to get in on the first day or early at all for that matter. I think people should just be happy they are getting to play the game before the 20th.

Sol_Taril
12.13.2011 , 11:01 PM | #70
I totally agree with author.