Faster Download Speed *ACTUALLY WORKS*

Typhwondoo

• 2 years later...

There is a way to disable the bitraider. It is in the same "launcher settings" file. Where it says disable_bitraider: "false" Change "false" to "true" and make sure you have quotation marks. Also up at the top it should say downloadRate "0" which should mean 'autodetect' I changed mine to 100 just in case. Anyway I went from roughly 300 kbps to 8.1 mbps. I can't promise that it'll work as I'm not so tech savvy but it's working for me.

so in short enable p2p disable the bitraider and change downloadrate to 100 is what I did.

There is a way to disable the bitraider. It is in the same "launcher settings" file. Where it says disable_bitraider: "false" Change "false" to "true" and make sure you have quotation marks. Also up at the top it should say downloadRate "0" which should mean 'autodetect' I changed mine to 100 just in case. Anyway I went from roughly 300 kbps to 8.1 mbps. I can't promise that it'll work as I'm not so tech savvy but it's working for me.

so in short enable p2p disable the bitraider and change downloadrate to 100 is what I did.

Please realize this will force you to download the ENTIRE game again.

• 1 year later...
Hey guys! Like many of you I was suffering through god awful download speeds. After 2 days of downloading I got a little fed up and decided to actually do something besides passing the time on the throne and in bed.

After spending about an hour sifting through the various videos claiming to "speed up swotr downloads", and the occasional cute kitten video, I found one that actually helped! Imagine that, finally youtube does something other than sap my precious attention span. Here's a link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeFf_ebudZw

If you want to skip the minute and a half needed to decipher this english deprived fellows explanation, do this stuff down yonder post. " YO DJ, SPIN THOSE TIPS! " .....im so sorry for that :)

1. Open the file for SWTOR ( computer, local disk c, program filex86, EA, Bioware, SWTOR )

2. Open up the launcher settings file with Notepad.

3. At the bottom (for me at least) you will find ""P2PEnabled": "false"

4. Change "false to "true"

5. File, Save, Enjoy (rinse and repeat not required but it wont hurt if it is desired) < I made a rhyme!!

I really hopes this helps you all! If it doesnt, well at least you killed about 5 minutes waiting :p.

I dont know if it did anything but after all that, I paused the download for a few seconds and the speed rose as if it had just woken up ;) .

hey i was trying to do it but the P2PEnabled file was not on my pc

hey i was trying to do it but the P2PEnabled file was not on my pc

Maybe if you weren't necro'ing a thread that is 7 years old you wouldn't have a problem. Computers have a tendency to change a LOT in just a few years, so SEVEN...

Necro threads always bad. Kill it with fire!

By any chance do you have a link to the recent instructions?

Thanks in advance.

Just type in bitraider, and look though the first couple of threads, you should find the instruction there.

They really should lock old threads, no point in keeping them open.

• 1 month later...
Just type in bitraider, and look though the first couple of threads, you should find the instruction there.

They really should lock old threads, no point in keeping them open.

Not helpful at all... after searching through google I found couple of old threads about bitraider but none of them work or are inaccurate.

• 1 month later...
Not helpful at all... after searching through google I found couple of old threads about bitraider but none of them work or are inaccurate.

I meant on the forums here, not google. Sometimes the stuff doesn't show on google, but can be found here. But a user above posted the link :)

• 3 months later...

Fixed my issue as well. Download went from 4.6mb/s to 4086.65 mb/s; SO much better!

For those of you like myself struggling to find WHERE the launcher.settings file is to edit, it is located here:

\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic

• 11 months later...
There is a much better way now, install with Steam and be done with it

I can download SWTOR at 40 MB/s no problem (max my internet plan provides)

The download speed has more to do with the quality of your connection, than Steam. I get the same sort of speeds without Steam.

Gret for you my I-net is crap I have 29hrs to go on steam.

Unfortunately no amount of tinkering with settings is going to fix that. If you've saturated your bandwidth, then there is nothing you can do short of yelling at your ISP and hope they give you better internet for a reasonable price