Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition to stop the removal of LBLO in ops from the game, when 6.0 goes live!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Petition to stop the removal of LBLO in ops from the game, when 6.0 goes live!

AshEvil
09.09.2019 , 09:59 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
Just because it's "easy" doesn't mean everyone has time to run an Op a day/night every night if they'd want to play. Some would like to do some other things in the game but still get conquest points, one chance at loot, etc...

No one is stopping you from running full runs on Ops. LBLO does no harm to you either.
Well said. Also, it's mainly for ppl with alts as come on for your main toon you better do full runs to get gear and whatnot.
AshEvil

AshEvil
09.09.2019 , 10:08 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
All removing the boss lockouts from storymode will do is reduce the number of pug groups that will form for anything but EV/KP. Even for those you might get people more choosy about letting in newer or lower geared players.

Who's going to risk running ravagers and having the pug group fail at master/blaster if there are no lockouts? Currently you can just get a new group together and try again. Most OPs besides EV/KP have a potential to crash and burn some way in if enough players are either not good enough at their class, or unable to follow mechanics.

Currently with the boss lockouts if your pug group wipes and disbands you can form a new group and try again at the boss where you wiped. With no boss lockouts you'll have to start from the beginning of the OP again. That is a lot of time potentially wasted.

For conquest just don't have all the points for the final boss and you'll see more full runs forming.

Removing the boss lockouts will result in less full runs for pug OPs forming, not more.
Also if you want to do full runs why are you pugging it as just join a guild and do it with your guild. Plus all your points said here is 100% I believe in but I don't have fail runs getting the lockout as I always help newcomers in explaining the fight and getting it done one way or the other.
AshEvil

AshEvil
09.09.2019 , 10:14 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
Yep. And with the level De-syncing they're doing, it's gonna result in a LOT more fails on some Ops. Too many people are used to face rolling mechanics. There is going to be a LOT of rage in chat because of "noobs" wrecking Ops, IMO, after this launches.
Not really as if you played PTS then you will know it's not really hard to do those ops at all now with the de-syncing thing as you will get max gear lvl for that ops if u go in as a lvl 70-75 but if you are a lvl 50 then maybe. Either way, there is no harm learning the mechanics as it meant to be.
AshEvil

AshEvil
09.09.2019 , 10:16 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
Bioware are not going to revert it and that's your fault for being so casual end of the day LBLO were being abused for conquest points and bioware noticed it and fixed it simple it's done now look in the mirror and smile.
Guess you saw your face, good job!
AshEvil

AshEvil
09.09.2019 , 10:20 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
^ 100% this. The only reason LBLO exist isn't due to people not having time. It's because people want fast and easy conquest. It was an abuse of the system that was within the rules to do, but BW is finally fixing it. I have no problems with them getting rid of LBLO, my only concern with no lockouts is if BW introduces a new raid, not every group will finish something bran new the 1st or 2nd time they enter it.
It's only for SM ops they are removing it from the game. for HM and up it's still there. Also if a new raid comes there might be a bit of an issue but then again never had any so better read up on guides.
AshEvil

AshEvil
09.09.2019 , 10:21 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkGruffalo View Post
If that's the reason they done that, then maybe they should have change the conquest grant, so that in order to get the cq points, you'd have to do the full op. That way, CQ points aren't abused, and people still have a chance to do the LO's if they like, and as someone else said, if the group fails, you can still keep the LO and get another group together. I can't imagine getting rid of the LO's are going to effect ops (or groups) positively.
True that.
AshEvil

AshEvil
09.09.2019 , 10:23 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by captrogue View Post
unless you work for bw, you have no idea if they will revert that or not. If enough people ask them to not do it, they might listen.

Best way would be to only grant a small amount of conquest points for it, or have the weekly count boss by boss, so that full runs get the cp.

Nothing is my fault for being so casual anyway. Not sure where or why you're coming off with such a snide & snarky attitude.
ikr :d
AshEvil

KendraP
09.09.2019 , 10:26 AM | #48
I tend to agree with the perspective that removing lockouts will result in making it harder to form groups by limiting the numbers of people doing ops on a daily basis.

That said, the probability of BW backtracking on this decision is nonexistent and we may as well accept it.

As for the casual argument, sorry people paying to play generally have a job and a real life too.

AshEvil
09.09.2019 , 10:29 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by DeannaVoyager View Post
LB locks existed long before they gave more than 2k CQ points from one GF ops/day. It has nothing to do with conquest. They became a thing after 5.0 launched because CXP & RNG gear grind was introduced with 5.0.

Today I spend almost 90 minutes on 3 first bosses EC with pugs from fleet before we gave up on minefield. Anyhow, I got a lock and another group later, so my time wasn't completely wasted. By removing lockouts they will efficiently remove all the people who know how to play from GF as well.
Wait, 90mins damn that's way too long also what server you on? Not that it matters but EC can be a pain if allot of ppl don't know what they are doing. Then again it does help if they learn the mechs a bit as well.
AshEvil

OdinJediCovenant
09.09.2019 , 10:29 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by AshEvil View Post
Also if you want to do full runs why are you pugging it as just join a guild and do it with your guild. Plus all your points said here is 100% I believe in but I don't have fail runs getting the lockout as I always help newcomers in explaining the fight and getting it done one way or the other.
Most guilds dont do alot of full runs anymore they do LBLO for conquest...

Removing LBLO has its pros and cons, but one really big pro is that it stops big guilds being able to abuse it for conquest points 24/7 and it will give other guilds a better chance at competing with conquest in my opinion