Ancient Hypergate Scoring?

Kento-Solo

So I'm hoping someone can help me make sense of something. I know Orbs put into your pylon are worth whatever the multiplyer is that round.

But what about capping? Is it a set point, is it variable?

Reason I ask is that I was just in one, we double capped them first round, and got 150 points by rounds end, second round we capped first, and then after about 45 seconds dealing with half our team and capping, them were at 150, to our 234 (we had taken one taken one orb at this point to), how does this make any sense?

Please help, and thank you for your time

You get points for every cap. You get more points if your the first to cap.

but thats not what happened at all, from what i've seen (and i usually get stuck on guard duty to notice this more) is that when I capped first, it roughly 75-80 points, they will cap 10 seconds later and get more. in my original post i pointed out how the other team didn't even cap til the second round, yet still wound up with as many points as we did from the first round

it made no sense at all

It's dropped off the page a bit, but see here..

You also get points for kills along with orb running. What you don't get credit for is holding a node 'most of the round' only to lose it at the last second, so no trying to 'delay' them at the start of rounds.

we didnt try and delay them the first round, we out and owned both nodes, got 150 points, round 2, they finalyl get a node as do we, our node counted for roughly 80 points, but they got there node, with no orbs, and got 150 points, its why im so confused.

No, I do get your conundrum/question, I just don't have an accurate answer for that. I've been browsing through that other thread to see if it was touched on.

That bit about delaying the other team I just wanted to throw out there, not for you specifically. It's annoying to see one stealther heading in the opposite direction as his team at the start of a round thinking he's helping in any way, shape or form. He's either going to sit there until the clock ticks down to 30-20 seconds for a ninja cap (doing nothing for a full minute) or he's going to be killed quickly by 2-3 of their team and he'll just be padding their score.

No, I do get your conundrum/question, I just don't have an accurate answer for that. I've been browsing through that other thread to see if it was touched on.

That bit about delaying the other team I just wanted to throw out there, not for you specifically. It's annoying to see one stealther heading in the opposite direction as his team at the start of a round thinking he's helping in any way, shape or form. He's either going to sit there until the clock ticks down to 30-20 seconds for a ninja cap (doing nothing for a full minute) or he's going to be killed quickly by 2-3 of their team and he'll just be padding their score.

Well it's possible the other team will decide to crash the node you're going after, at which point if they send no one to the other node it pays to have a stealther who can just go over and cap it and then guard it.

On the other hand if they do as you expect and send people to their left your right (or whatever convention you're seeing on your server), then the stealther can just call no joy and head to mid no harm no foul (they use their blackout ability if they need to sneak past enemy team members or they just go back through the tunnel and take the long way).

I agree trying to delay a cap is dumb. Zerging the node they thought they were gonna take however has possible merit so you should be ready for it if possible.

Well kills save up until a node is capped. Since they didn't get any node in the first round they kept racking kills then when they finally got a node it jumped higher than you'd usually expect from the cap plus 2 cycles worth of kills.

Well kills save up until a node is capped. Since they didn't get any node in the first round they kept racking kills then when they finally got a node it jumped higher than you'd usually expect from the cap plus 2 cycles worth of kills.

I thought that the save up for kills was only good for the round that you were in and not for the entire match.