Graphics/ Start-Up help

JayInTheD

Hello. New player here, enjoying the game very much so far, but I ran into a problem this evening.

I am playing on less than an ideal system I guess, but for the last 3 days it has been running fine. I decided today to try to improve the graphics settings a bit, and now I can only start up in a small window and if I try to change it to full screen in becomes unresponsive, ultimately requiring me to shut down the program.

My system is a laptop. Intel i5 4200U / 6GB ram / onboard Intel video.

Driver and DX are up to date.

Any suggestions to get me full screen and adventuring again would be greatly appreciated.

Hello. New player here, enjoying the game very much so far, but I ran into a problem this evening.

I am playing on less than an ideal system I guess, but for the last 3 days it has been running fine. I decided today to try to improve the graphics settings a bit, and now I can only start up in a small window and if I try to change it to full screen in becomes unresponsive, ultimately requiring me to shut down the program.

My system is a laptop. Intel i5 4200U / 6GB ram / onboard Intel video.

Driver and DX are up to date.

Any suggestions to get me full screen and adventuring again would be greatly appreciated.

Try reverting your settings to what you had originally, then try toggling on fullscreen.

Oh, and welcome to the game! :D

Try reverting your settings to what you had originally, then try toggling on fullscreen.

Oh, and welcome to the game! :D

Thank you! Unfortunately I have tried that a few times. When I try to switch it from windowed to full screen, it disappears and becomes unresponsive. If I could just get back to where I was I would be happy. As it stands, the only way ot currently works is in about a 3" x 3" window :(

Thank you! Unfortunately I have tried that a few times. When I try to switch it from windowed to full screen, it disappears and becomes unresponsive. If I could just get back to where I was I would be happy. As it stands, the only way ot currently works is in about a 3" x 3" window :(

Try calling or emailing (support@swtor.com) Customer Support. You could also post this in the Customer Service forum, to see if anyone there who may be more tech savvy can lend a hand.

Make sure you set the game resolution to the same rez as your laptop's screen.

Also, make sure the refresh rate is set to your laptop's refresh rate. It's usually 60Hz, but it could be 50Hz for some euro models.

Edited by JediQuaker

Once you get this fixed, leave graphics settings on low--you would need to upgrade your computer to run flashy graphics in this game.

I would recommend looking at resolution and changing that to the native resolution of your monitor. It probably got bumped down when you raised the graphics settings and the client realized your hardware would not support it.