Allow Dantooine to be run outside of the event

QuinlanSaathis

I got over 40 characters and some have a lot more.

With Dantooine being the newest content ti is very frustrating not being able to take a character through it when I want too.

I know it has minimal story but it is something at least and to have to wait when an alt is ready to hit it is ridiculous.

Since that would invalidate Dantooine as an event location like the western ice shelf on Ilum or the Rakghoul tunnels, I don't think they will change that, nor is that change needed. It is in the very nature of these events that they are recurring time-limited activities that follow a specific cycle. At least you can do stuff on Dantooine even when the event is not on contrary to all the other major events. Also keep in mind that they already said that Dantooine will be expanded upon in the near future and you can already tell that the Jedi enclave ruins will play a role then.

I don't understand the request. Just use the Galaxy Map to travel to Dantooine and run the two (per faction) non-event dailies. Job done. (Outside the event, those dailies are all there is.)

The "story" element (terminals on the Fleet) is part of the event.

The terminals and the initial conversation with the main NPC, that is all I am asking for.

I don't care about the quests, just want the conversations.

It would have been much better had the whole thing been released like Ossus thou.

The terminals and the initial conversation with the main NPC, that is all I am asking for.

I don't care about the quests, just want the conversations.

It would have been much better had the whole thing been released like Ossus thou.

Do you really need to run the story content all 1 minute of it 40 times? Surely after the first 20 it got boring?

Edited by GrimTheGlutt

Actually it wouldn't, since the barebone "story" backdrop is only there to jump start you into the event dailies, so your suggested change would not make any sense. You want Dantooine to be a completely new story chapter, which is understandable, but it was never intended that way.

Any idea when it will come back. My main is just sitting around on Coruscant with Theron with nothing to do.

Going by the established event rotation, we will get Rakghoul Resurgence and Bounty Broker event next with 3 minor events sprinkled in between. So the next Pirate Incursion should run again the week of Tuesday the 30th of July till the 6th of August.

I am a completionist and I want to have the characters ready for Onslaught.

If they finished Jedi Under Siege / Ossus, they are ready for Onslaught. Dantooine is just, in its current form, filler content until *something* more substantial comes along. (And the event certainly has nothing to do with preparations for Onslaught.)

Aha! I knew this would happen when the event went away.

At least peeps might understand that it's an event and not a new progression area.

ah. that makes sense. I asked in guild what the point of it was. no new gear or ops or anything. just rep and shells/decos. didn't realize it was a Gree-ish thing.

Aha! I knew this would happen when the event went away.

At least peeps might understand that it's an event and not a new progression area.

It didn't really feel like an event, so I can understand people not thinking of it as one.

It didn't really feel like an event, so I can understand people not thinking of it as one.

I can understand that too. But I’m glad it is an event and not just another area like section X. This way the area will keep getting used each time there is an event and not go into obscurity as soon as there is a new lvl cap or new content. Which is what I think will happen with Ossus.

I got over 40 characters and some have a lot more.

With Dantooine being the newest content ti is very frustrating not being able to take a character through it when I want too.

I know it has minimal story but it is something at least and to have to wait when an alt is ready to hit it is ridiculous.

it is an EVENT, NOT connected to GAME STORY, it will get its turn with the rest of other EVENTS, bye !!!!

it is an EVENT, NOT connected to GAME STORY, it will get its turn with the rest of other EVENTS, bye !!!!

While I do not appreciate the tone here I will answer you a lot more civilly than you answered me.

The first conversation on planet can advance (albeit it very slightly) the character story, that being if you are loyal to your faction or a saboteur.

While it was very poorly implemented, it was implemented and for someone like me that likes to complete as much as possible it is necessary to hit this as well.

Well I found the planet so laggy that after 30 odd mins there I could no longer play. I did try on both my desktop and laptop but just not worth it. That plus for the weekly conquest you had to do 6 heroics some of which you had to group for, as a solo player? well Dantoonie is just one planet never intending to visit again.

There are missions outside of the conquest week on Dantooine if I remember the Dev article on it at around time of release. Not looked to see if they are worth doing. I can see your point OP maybe it could have been more like Oricon, Black Hole, section X. Still BW trying something slightly different is not such a bad thing. As with everything some players will like it, others will not.

Edited by KoriVash