Force bubble way OP

heechJunzi

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it hilarious that us sorcs/sages finally got something worth using and already people cry about it. Go ahead, BW. You go back to nerfing things that don't need nerfing and we'll go back to dying. A lot.

Nerf lolsmash warriors/knights for the love of god. They can get rid of our bubble 3 times over on one GCD and get stunned for a couple of seconds before getting back to ripping us apart.

Is this really that OP I mean in all the pvp matches I have played I have not once thought yea I won that fight with my bubble. Come on it is not like the bubble is all of a sudden causing matches to be won or lost. Most of these arguments are pretty farfetched and have a lot to do with "what if's". For months people have been complaining about the high burst damage classes and what did we get in response "l2p" with a list of our abilities that we could use against them. Never mattered that we could not even get off most of them before we were burned down. Now you hate the bubble because it is causing many classes to have to adjust there tactics.

Well that is how it is supposed to be adjust your tactics you have the abilities to break the bubble you have talent use it. Quit complaining about a bubble that is 95% used as a defensive mechanism. Yes you can break it early but I don't see a lot of people doing that so really how major of a situation is this? It is not like the sorcerers are going around in God Mode just one hitting people. The bubble works for the sorcerer and his teammates if someone has come up with a way to use it more efficiently and can find competent players to use those tactics then well good for them learn and adjust.

its not that the bubble is OP or that sages/sorcs are OP and its not about who winning or losing in WZs... its about what is fun vs what is not fun. 16 people running around with exploitable AOE autostun bubbles turns WZs into stun fests. there already is enough CC in the game, def didnt need this. especially didnt need to give sents/mars a non-stop on demand AOE stun that they can abuse all match long.

Yikes, this thread has been totally hijacked at times by people with vitriolic hatred of derpsmashers. I think very few people would dispute you that the recent smash buffs are way too much. Restore the cooldown, take away the armor penetration. Done.

Anyway, this thread is about the OP Sorc bubble. Look, obviously it was changed from a mez to a stun b/c mezzes are broken too easily and the skill wasn't useful enough. So they made it a stun. But they forgot to adjust the resolve amount. That is not working as intended and it's an indisputable fact. If you disagree u r just dumb.

Then you can click it off. So you can stun someone while stunned? Also not intended behavior. To disagree is lunacy. Disagreers please check yourselves into the nearest funny farm. MmkThx

"but then I can't throw bubbles on my whole team and turn warzones into irritating stunfests!" yes, you will actually have to be careful about who you bubble if it gives proper 600 resolve. Skill required!? Shocking, I know.

Not that I don't feel for you guys. Once the bubble is fixed, you will need some serious help in the survival and/or burst department. But let's please get our heads out of our butts and realize the bubble is broken for now.

By the way, as a guardian I am running the gimped Focus spec that also takes unremitting. So my opening goes like this:

1. Leap

2. Sweep

3. Laugh

4. ????

5. Profit

Okay I get where you are coming from and I am sorry you are not having fun and no I don't mean that sarcastically. But I want you to look at if from my point we already play a free kill character we are unwilling to roll another just to be able to pvp. And many of us do not want to be a healer. What you are saying is nerf stun bubble but hey give them something else. It has taken months for us to get this for crying out loud months of dying and dying and dying and dying. Now that we actually have something you want to take it away, you know and I know that they are not going to nerf and buff in the same patch instead they will nerf and then look at options for a buff later. And that is best case scenario. Plus you are not giving us anything to take away from the table just a nebulous buff in the future and lets be honest if we don't get it you will not be on this forum fighting for us you will be happily playing while we will be back to having no fun playing a class that is destroyed in pvp that is no fun for us.

its not that the bubble is OP or that sages/sorcs are OP and its not about who winning or losing in WZs... its about what is fun vs what is not fun. 16 people running around with exploitable AOE autostun bubbles turns WZs into stun fests. there already is enough CC in the game, def didnt need this. especially didnt need to give sents/mars a non-stop on demand AOE stun that they can abuse all match long.

Yet- being nerfed into the ground as sorcs made the game extremely unfun too- if we're going to talk fun vs not fun. Mara being this strong also has made the game not fun for non-mara.

Yet- when such things are talked of, they get ignored by the same crowd now saying 'stun bubbles aren't fun, so take them out'.

If we're going to take out things that aren't fun- OP marauders, and how weak sorcs and mercs are- need to be addressed too.

And it is disgusting to see people I have seen saying 'nope, sorcs are fine, they need no buff, l2p' now saying 'ya, sorcs should get another buff they deserve it' for no reason other than it's what they have to say to try to get this nerf to go through.

Edited by fungihoujo

That's your arguement? Please. There are tons of different things that can make pvp no fun. You're just jumping on the bandwagon.

DPS Sorc... Meet DPS operative and DPS merc. Mkay? Have a good day. Face it, there are 2 types of AC's that matter in PvP right now: DPS bursties and Healers. Full tanks of any kind are just laughable (esp PT's) so be thankful you even have your healing tree. The other two 'tanks' are all unintended hybrids in DPS gear. Nearly ALL of the AC's need a good tuning, some toned down, some buffed. There will never be a completely happy PVP community. The day that occurs is when they shut down the servers.

DPS Sorc... Meet DPS operative and DPS merc. Mkay? Have a good day. Face it, there are 2 types of AC's that matter in PvP right now: DPS bursties and Healers. Full tanks of any kind are just laughable (esp PT's) so be thankful you even have your healing tree. The other two 'tanks' are all unintended hybrids in DPS gear. Nearly ALL of the AC's need a good tuning, some toned down, some buffed. There will never be a completely happy PVP community. The day that occurs is when they shut down the servers.

Coming from someone who has 4 classes... none of which are DPS sorcs, mercs or ops- you chose well my friend, very well.

But, yes- I and many other sorcs often say 'we are in a bad place, and so are mercs and ops' because it is true- all three classes are vastly underperforming right now.

Ok, sorc has been my bread and butter since 1.2 (I came about 2 weeks before that one!)

Ok, if they want to nerf bubble so it only clicks for caster, that's fine. I'll accept that. However, buff us in damage while you're at it. I agree, we're not known for our straight up defence. However, throw us a bone on DoT maybe, or reduce a couple of out cooldowns.

A better solution would be to make it so the bubble would only activate on damage break. In addition to making the stun last for a lesser duration when cast onto another player.

Massively increasing the stun resolve to even 600 would brutally kill full lightning even more and hurt the hybrid spec. Unlike other classes, sorcs rely on kiting and managing the opponent's resolve bar in order to survive. Increasing the stun resolve would make it so that sorcs would be filling thier opponent's resolve bar incredibly quickly. with no way to stop this other than not using the bubble at all. The problem is sorc against a full resolve player is a free kill, because without kiting or cc the sorcerer has no way to kill or even defend against the opponent. Being that every other class has higher burst and defenses means that smart cc usage is required to beat another class as a dps sorcerer.

This thread is nothing more than "I hate Rage Maras so stun bubble is OK". That logic doesn't even remotely make sense. Since you can bubble anyone and both teams can easily fill their rosters with bubblers and maras, all this does is make the game a "stun and smash" fest. Is that really what you want? Wasn't there enough stuns in this game already? Do we really want more? Especially more that add a ridiculously pitiful amount of resolve? Why do Maras make other things OK? Why are Maras at the center of every argument? Stun bubble has nothing to do with Maras. Maras are another argument entirely. Surely you Mara whiners can find one of the other 50,000 anti-Mara threads to go complain in. The rest of us just want not to be stunned for half the WZ. THERE ARE MORE MELEE CLASSES THAN SITH WARRIORS. OMG people, one melee being OP doesn't mean all melees should suffer for it.

This thread is nothing more than "I hate Rage Maras so stun bubble is OK". That logic doesn't even remotely make sense. Since you can bubble anyone and both teams can easily fill their rosters with bubblers and maras, all this does is make the game a "stun and smash" fest. Is that really what you want? Wasn't there enough stuns in this game already? Do we really want more? Especially more that add a ridiculously pitiful amount of resolve? Why do Maras make other things OK? Why are Maras at the center of every argument? Stun bubble has nothing to do with Maras. Maras are another argument entirely. Surely you Mara whiners can find one of the other 50,000 anti-Mara threads to go complain in. The rest of us just want not to be stunned for half the WZ. THERE ARE MORE MELEE CLASSES THAN SITH WARRIORS. OMG people, one melee being OP doesn't mean all melees should suffer for it.

Tbh assassin damage is pushing it as well. The only difference is that lolsmash is a 1-hit wonder while assassins are a 3-4 hit wonder.

Actually, it's not, it's marauders saying 'we are so OP that buffs to other classes now make us more OP than the class that was actually buffed- so rather than nerfing us, nerf the UP class that sucks out of their one useful ability'.

/scrolls down and reads the rest of your post

And there we go again. Another person saying this needs a nerf before it makes the game stun and smash fest- while trying to dissuade people from talking about the real problem- that marauders can do this much damage this fast.

Surely you, sorc whiner, can find something else to do than whine about sorc abilities. Want to know why marauders are the center of every argument? Because they make themselves the center of every argument. Here's a thread packed with marauders asking for sorcs to get a nerf- after months of marauders barging into every thread by sorcs, dps ops and mercs- telling them to l2p, that they suck, that their class is fine- and that the reason why marauders are dominating isn't because marauders are good, but because only good players play marauders, and bad players pick other classes.

If they didn't want to be the center of everything- they shouldn't have spent 6 months deflecting any attempt to talk about the issues with their class being OP- while doing everything they could to prevent any other class from getting a buff.

As you say- there's 50000 threads about marauders- yet nothing has been done about it. You say everyone just wants bubble stuns gone? Well, looks to me by your own admission what everyone really wants is marauders finally looked at after half a year of non-stop, uncontested domination.

And yet, after months of us saying what's wrong with our class, and everyone saying what's wrong with marauders being this strong- BW doesn't say a single thing.

One big thread on sorc force bubble stun though- and BAM, marauders get a response from the devs instantly.

When I make a thread about sorc problems in the sorc forum- I don't get sins or ops telling me to shut up, if anything they'll agree or at least accept what I'm saying- but sure and rain, on the first page a marauder will come in and start talking about how because he gets owned by sorcs, they're fine, and nothing's wrong, and it's time to learn to play, etc.... Like clockwork they descend, every single time- for half a year.

Now- because we have one thing that can ruin their day a bit, they want to come give crocodile tears and act like they are suddenly harbingers of balance? ********- I'm not buying it, nobody's buying it, and frankly they can take their own advice and learn to play.

Actually, it's not, it's marauders saying 'we are so OP that buffs to other classes now make us more OP than the class that was actually buffed- so rather than nerfing us, nerf the UP class that sucks out of their one useful ability'.

/scrolls down and reads the rest of your post

And there we go again. Another person saying this needs a nerf before it makes the game stun and smash fest- while trying to dissuade people from talking about the real problem- that marauders can do this much damage this fast.

Surely you, sorc whiner, can find something else to do than whine about sorc abilities. Want to know why marauders are the center of every argument? Because they make themselves the center of every argument. Here's a thread packed with marauders asking for sorcs to get a nerf- after months of marauders barging into every thread by sorcs, dps ops and mercs- telling them to l2p, that they suck, that their class is fine- and that the reason why marauders are dominating isn't because marauders are good, but because only good players play marauders, and bad players pick other classes.

If they didn't want to be the center of everything- they shouldn't have spent 6 months deflecting any attempt to talk about the issues with their class being OP- while doing everything they could to prevent any other class from getting a buff.

As you say- there's 50000 threads about marauders- yet nothing has been done about it. You say everyone just wants bubble stuns gone? Well, looks to me by your own admission what everyone really wants is marauders finally looked at after half a year of non-stop, uncontested domination.

And yet, after months of us saying what's wrong with our class, and everyone saying what's wrong with marauders being this strong- BW doesn't say a single thing.

One big thread on sorc force bubble stun though- and BAM, marauders get a response from the devs instantly.

When I make a thread about sorc problems in the sorc forum- I don't get sins or ops telling me to shut up, if anything they'll agree or at least accept what I'm saying- but sure and rain, on the first page a marauder will come in and start talking about how because he gets owned by sorcs, they're fine, and nothing's wrong, and it's time to learn to play, etc.... Like clockwork they descend, every single time- for half a year.

Now- because we have one thing that can ruin their day a bit, they want to come give crocodile tears and act like they are suddenly harbingers of balance? ********- I'm not buying it, nobody's buying it, and frankly they can take their own advice and learn to play.

YES. YES. YES.

That is all.

P.S.......

YES.

Well it's not like we didn't know that Bioware plays marauders and hate sorcs, that is just the proof.

And maras qqing here when they pretty much tell everyone else "L2P!" when dealing with their numerous array of stupidly OP abilities - well they are just the biggest effin hypocrites coming here with their QQ "OMG STUN BUBBELZ SO OP, NERF NAU!!!", and sadly they are Guarded By Bioware.

*le sigh*

LMAO!! Wow, this is the complaint now about sorcs / sages?? Half the time I dont even bother using my bubble and still destroy melee sents / maras. Its called root, stun, pushback, force speed, dots, self heal.... all you have to do is keep them out of range by using a rotation that keeps them away from you and put dots / aoe damage on them, and all they can do is stand there and watch while you light up their day. L2P is all I have to say. Edited by JediKalel