suggestions from a beta player

AmagonofBloodfin

• remove the notion of pvp/pve gear. remove expertise.
  • make all BIS cores (armoring, barrels, etc...) craft-able and customize-able. also make stats actually mean things, give reasons for alacrity and accuracy to be wanted, break the power/surge stigma.
  • develop new content based around independent arcs, keep the underline galaxy wide content pure and void of large scale group content (operations). this would allow operations to be infinitely scale-able and relevant even years from now.
  • develop larger operations that are never the same. I like the iteration with the new KDY but continue and expand this three maybe four fold per boss from here on out in all operations. keep them challenging and changing. also don't just throw us at new raids via load screens, use our personal starships to get us to new operations as a team progressing through space combat to our final objective - possibly even guild capital ship combat with role based combat from a single vessel.
  • change current loot table from gear drops to schematic drops. operations schematics for appearance shells of weapons/armor/gear would be BOP with trade window for people involved in the operation success - and then infinitely craft-able. The way I view this, you can already carry people through for the achievement + gear why not let them just sell the appearance anyways.
  • make new shell schematics from world based pvp, ranked pvp (with rank needed to equip), and warzone pvp.
  • simplify and consolidate the crafting UI and make it remember settings of what "schematics" were open last even when the window is closed, or you log off.
  • invest in territory control via pvp either in space or on the ground.
  • invest in open world space. this is the biggest opportunity for this game. I thank you for you efforts with the rail shooter and GSF but that's not cutting it. We need to be able to fly to planets from our ships and load in and fly around the space stations etc...
  • remodel all the spaceports and stations, we all see your lazy designs. there aren't even that many planets shake them up and break the mold of uniformity.
  • invest in a new personal ship, move us from light corvettes to actual corvettes. with this you could bring infinitely customiz-able ships, based on modular designs which would house a much larger crew compliment as well as your personal companions. could possibly be expanded into corvette class pvp where your crew and it's training are important to your ships functions. etc. etc.
  • stop my companions from appearing out of no where, and make two person vehicles or companion vehicles a thing.
  • stop my companions from feeling like bank terminals, they don't move around my ships... WHY NOT?! also the current ships do not have adequate living quarters for the current companion compliment, new ships (see above) could solve this as well.
  • make my ship enter-able from the spaceports, I should not click the door to my ship and then take off and be sitting off the planet looking at the planet i just left, this would probably need to be changed with an open world space system. I also go to my ship for many reasons, I don't always want to leave the planet.
  • implement standard UI remembering systems for multiple setups and abilities.
  • high resolution package for people who can utilize the technology.
  • tone down the mexican fiesta coloring system and remove the current dye system in favor of a new pallette system.
  • remove some of the sinkholes from crafting/modifying. 10k credits to modify my own armor? get out of here. if anything add this as a slicing skills to modify/augment armor/weapons/etc.
  • stop re-skinning really old armors and hire an art team. seriously stop.
  • add a physical modification to the appearance for classes with offhands that are not currently visible. ex; make BHs have some sort of jetpack and troopers get a backback, all different based on the one equipped but with all the same functionality..

I will continue to add as I think.

Edited by AmagonofBloodfin

All of these I see absolutely no problem with. You have excellent suggestions and if there were a way I knew of to make these a priority then I would have done it by now. Everything below is awesome. Good job Sr. Please continue to add.

Suggestions:

- Toggle hood and more specific GUI interfaces. IE. Guilds, and Flashpoint (seperate from) Operation panels.

make all BIS cores (armoring, barrels, etc...) craft-able and customize-able. also make stats actually mean things, give reasons for alacrity and accuracy to be wanted, break the power/surge stigma.

First of all, I'm not sure what you mean by making a "core" or mod "customizable".

Secondly, no. BIS gear should never become craftable. One level below is good.

Thirdly, accuracy is already absolutely necessary for dps. They made that change quite a few patches ago (2.4 or so?). Alacrity maybe not as much, but especially as a healer, it is preferred to have some alacrity.

tone down the mexican fiesta coloring system and remove the current dye system in favor of a new pallette system.

I don't see them changing the color dye system, as it would immediately cause an uproar for anyone who already spent lots of credits (or even worse, direct-buy with CCs) on a rare color combination. Also, a pallette system, while better on paper, doesn't allow the monetization and expansion of the current dye system. While as a player, that may suck, it's the reality of this continuing to be a commercially successful/profitable game.

I would like to see them changing so that each piece of armor actually has 3 slots for dyes instead, and having primary/secondary/tertiary dye slots, and then individual color dyes which can be placed in any of the three slots. But, it could also allow you to place a "combo" dye into the primary slot. Some armors have "tertiary" colors which are actually the most prevalent color on them. (I'm looking at you, Imperial Containment Officer) These colors are not currently even accessible to the dye system.

I like a lot of your other ideas, even if many of them are probably not going to happen in the game for a very long time, if at all.

Edited by GatorAndy

First of all, I'm not sure what you mean by making a "core" or mod "customizable".

Secondly, no. BIS gear should never become craftable. One level below is good.

Thirdly, accuracy is already absolutely necessary for dps. They made that change quite a few patches ago (2.4 or so?). Alacrity maybe not as much, but especially as a healer, it is preferred to have some alacrity.

what I mean by cores being mod-able is say you wanted your armoring to have more or less power. you could set thresholds or ratios within the crafting process to tweak the power levels up and the other stats down etc instead of the flat values that are given now.

The problem with BIS gear coming from content like operations means you have create content only for it to become worthless or nearly so within a year. It also creates a 'grind' which I personally hate, I just got here to the end game I'd like to enjoy myself and do the content I like rather than having to grind x amount of warzones or flashpoints to be competitive. Think about the way pvp works now, there is a massive difference in the effectiveness of someone who just hit 55 and someone with full obroan let alone pre-mades in full obroan.

If you change that philosophy and create content that can stand on it's own and provide enjoyment not just for the current end game players but for players of all levels by providing rewards such as appearance shells rather than the best gear in the game then there is always a viable reason to do SnV, Karragas years from now when their item gear levels are (as it stands now) utterly worthless.

There really is no reason to argue against making everyone equal as soon as they hit 55. It get's more people into content faster and provides them with a lot more to do rather than being forced to grind after they just finished level grinding.

accuracy is important for some dps classes but from everything I've read you are still better off min/maxing for power/surge than anything else.

what I mean by cores being mod-able is say you wanted your armoring to have more or less power. you could set thresholds or ratios within the crafting process to tweak the power levels up and the other stats down etc instead of the flat values that are given now.

The problem with BIS gear coming from content like operations means you have create content only for it to become worthless or nearly so within a year. It also creates a 'grind' which I personally hate, I just got here to the end game I'd like to enjoy myself and do the content I like rather than having to grind x amount of warzones or flashpoints to be competitive. Think about the way pvp works now, there is a massive difference in the effectiveness of someone who just hit 55 and someone with full obroan let alone pre-mades in full obroan.

If you change that philosophy and create content that can stand on it's own and provide enjoyment not just for the current end game players but for players of all levels by providing rewards such as appearance shells rather than the best gear in the game then there is always a viable reason to do SnV, Karragas years from now when their item gear levels are (as it stands now) utterly worthless.

There really is no reason to argue against making everyone equal as soon as they hit 55. It get's more people into content faster and provides them with a lot more to do rather than being forced to grind after they just finished level grinding.

accuracy is important for some dps classes but from everything I've read you are still better off min/maxing for power/surge than anything else.

I think being able to tweak the mods to that level of detail makes it too tedious a job to gear up. There would still be a BIS way to craft the mod, making all other combinations useless to create. They already have regular, A and B versions of mods, and enhancements have same stats of different balances based on a naming structure.

As for the gear, although the mods inside the gear may no longer be even close to BIS, the shells are still going to be specific to that operation. (assuming Dread Forged gear stays as the drops inside DF and DP) Even if the highest level mods were craftable, just as the second-highest do now, it would take rare crafting mats which drop from the operations to craft them, or else be quite cost-prohibitive to purchase a full set from the GTN.

On top of that, the reason to do the old ops (which would have been done a million times by some) would be the same reason I still run EV/KP/EC with my guild on occasion now: nostalgia. If you want the gear shells from the operation as you propose, you would still only run it as many times as it takes you to get the shells, then you move on and don't go back, except, as I said, for nostalgia.

As a new 55, you're not as far from competitive in PVP, gear-wise, as you might be thinking. Bolster actually somewhat levels the playing field. Now, if someone is in full Obroan gear, they've obviously spent a lot of time pvping, and their skill level is probably a bit higher than the fresh 55. As a solo-queuer in a pug going against a full pre-made, I assure you, gear is not going to make a lick of difference versus people used to working together using voice chat.

I'm not sure what guide you're reading, but tech/force accuracy always needs to be at, or very close to, 110% for dps. (melee/ranged at 100%) This is based on PVE, maybe in PVP accuracy is not as necessary, but I still think you need it so as not to have too many misses on your attacks.

I think being able to tweak the mods to that level of detail makes it too tedious a job to gear up. There would still be a BIS way to craft the mod, making all other combinations useless to create. They already have regular, A and B versions of mods, and enhancements have same stats of different balances based on a naming structure.

As for the gear, although the mods inside the gear may no longer be even close to BIS, the shells are still going to be specific to that operation. (assuming Dread Forged gear stays as the drops inside DF and DP) Even if the highest level mods were craftable, just as the second-highest do now, it would take rare crafting mats which drop from the operations to craft them, or else be quite cost-prohibitive to purchase a full set from the GTN.

I guess what I was trying to go for was different play styles rather than just the usual power/surge. I contest that they should also not require the crafting materials from Operations. I personally will probably never to do most of the content on Nightmare, and I understand those are hard - so make unique shells, unique drops but imo just because my playstyle preference doesn't lend me to operations to me doesn't mean those players who prefer that should get better gear. That's totally my opinion but I think if at 55 everyone was on an even playing field it would open up the game a lot more for people, especially newer players.

On top of that, the reason to do the old ops (which would have been done a million times by some) would be the same reason I still run EV/KP/EC with my guild on occasion now: nostalgia. If you want the gear shells from the operation as you propose, you would still only run it as many times as it takes you to get the shells, then you move on and don't go back, except, as I said, for nostalgia.
Well along with the other suggestion I had, where content is always changing from here on out you might be able to add new portions to existing operations which would keep them current and keep their rewards changing.

As a new 55, you're not as far from competitive in PVP, gear-wise, as you might be thinking. Bolster actually somewhat levels the playing field. Now, if someone is in full Obroan gear, they've obviously spent a lot of time pvping, and their skill level is probably a bit higher than the fresh 55. As a solo-queuer in a pug going against a full pre-made, I assure you, gear is not going to make a lick of difference versus people used to working together using voice chat.
My thought behind this comment is that you are considering that the fresh 55 hasn't spent it's entire leveling process pvping and may actually have several mains with which I pvp on and as someone who has a full obroan vanguard dps, and a fresh pt dps the difference is quite significant. I average about 2-300k less on my fresh even though I know the class backwards and forwards. We've all see the 5-7 30k HP clearly geared team whip the crap out of the 26k collective teams - it happens all the time, that needs to change imo.

Sometime there certainly are better teams, but shouldn't that be strictly determined by skill rather than skill + actual advantage to stats? I think so.

I'm not sure what guide you're reading, but tech/force accuracy always needs to be at, or very close to, 110% for dps. (melee/ranged at 100%) This is based on PVE, maybe in PVP accuracy is not as necessary, but I still think you need it so as not to have too many misses on your attacks.

I believe this is different for pvp. I will need to check but I think it is...

The argument for alternate paths to obtain BIS gear has been made before, and the counter-argument, which I agree with, is that if you're not doing the hardest content, you don't actually need BIS gear. Also, pretty-darn-close-to-BIS is achievable by earning ultimate comms. Admittedly, hard to come by without doing some ops. But, still technically possible.

Adding content to old operations can be problematic, as they are all wrapped up, story-wise. I feel the game would be better served by adding a new operation if they wanted to further explore a previous operation's setting. For instance, I'd like to see the S&V setting explored in more detail.

Cartel Warlords, etc, now that they're not under the influence of the dread masters.

On pvp, I'm nowhere near an expert, but I have read a lot on the forums, and know that if you have higher than blue 66 pve gear, you actually reduce the effects of bolster. (changing in 2.7, I believe) So that could play a roll in your comparison between your Vanguard and PT.

The role of gear vs skill in pvp is an interesting argument as well. I think I'm probably on the same side as you, in that I think skill should matter more than gear. However, pvpers also deserve something to show for playing their favorite part of the game, and boosts to their playstyle seems "only fair."

Edited by GatorAndy

The argument for alternate paths to obtain BIS gear has been made before, and the counter-argument, which I agree with, is that if you're not doing the hardest content, you don't actually need BIS gear. Also, pretty-darn-close-to-BIS is achievable by earning ultimate comms. Admittedly, hard to come by without doing some ops. But, still technically possible.
I guess I can see the logic that if you aren't doing the most difficult content you don't need it but then if everyone was all equal it really wouldn't matter anyways. Should PvE not follow PvP and be based more on skill rather than gear. I think if gear walls were no longer a thing you would see more people participate on a more frequent basis simply because there is nothing keeping them out.

Adding content to old operations can be problematic, as they are all wrapped up, story-wise. I feel the game would be better served by adding a new operation if they wanted to further explore a previous operation's setting. For instance, I'd like to see the S&V setting explored in more detail.

Cartel Warlords, etc, now that they're not under the influence of the dread masters.

I think my thought process here would be for Operations here on out to be developed on their own arcs such that going back and updating or expanding them would not cause undue stress on storylines.

On pvp, I'm nowhere near an expert, but I have read a lot on the forums, and know that if you have higher than blue 66 pve gear, you actually reduce the effects of bolster. (changing in 2.7, I believe) So that could play a roll in your comparison between your Vanguard and PT.
I am getting full bolster right now with 58 blues and it's still pretty significant. To me though the matter becomes much more evident when you have teams of obroan/conq vs fresh and that happens quite a lot it seems, so why not just even the field and let skill take the win.

The role of gear vs skill in pvp is an interesting argument as well. I think I'm probably on the same side as you, in that I think skill should matter more than gear. However, pvpers also deserve something to show for playing their favorite part of the game, and boosts to their playstyle seems "only fair."

I think both top tier pve and pvp deserve unique rewards only attainable through their content, but why not let player skill be more important and let exclusive loot or appearance schematics, titles and achievements be the reward.

I guess I can see the logic that if you aren't doing the most difficult content you don't need it but then if everyone was all equal it really wouldn't matter anyways. Should PvE not follow PvP and be based more on skill rather than gear. I think if gear walls were no longer a thing you would see more people participate on a more frequent basis simply because there is nothing keeping them out.

I think my thought process here would be for Operations here on out to be developed on their own arcs such that going back and updating or expanding them would not cause undue stress on storylines.

I am getting full bolster right now with 58 blues and it's still pretty significant. To me though the matter becomes much more evident when you have teams of obroan/conq vs fresh and that happens quite a lot it seems, so why not just even the field and let skill take the win.

I think both top tier pve and pvp deserve unique rewards only attainable through their content, but why not let player skill be more important and let exclusive loot or appearance schematics, titles and achievements be the reward.

I will just respond to this post with this. PvE and PvP are both gear grinds and although this is a old formula for aaa mmos it is the road this game has taken. As such, it is simply impossible to base content on skill only. I say this because gear and loot offer incentives and people are used to min maxing their gear in preparation for the next tier.

Should it be different maybe, but the fact is, is that it is a system that is here to stay. As another poster said because you do not raid you do not need the gear. Now for me, I have always advocated that raiding remain as is, however in terms of the wide variety of playstyles yours included, I think that if new stand alone content for soloist were released it would close the gap somewhat.

I will just respond to this post with this. PvE and PvP are both gear grinds and although this is a old formula for aaa mmos it is the road this game has taken. As such, it is simply impossible to base content on skill only. I say this because gear and loot offer incentives and people are used to min maxing their gear in preparation for the next tier.

Should it be different maybe, but the fact is, is that it is a system that is here to stay. As another poster said because you do not raid you do not need the gear. Now for me, I have always advocated that raiding remain as is, however in terms of the wide variety of playstyles yours included, I think that if new stand alone content for soloist were released it would close the gap somewhat.

I disagree only with the statement that it's impossible to change this or any game's formula. that's the entire point of an mmo is that it is constantly changing. changing the way your get your core base of stats shouldn't have any impact on what content you wish to enjoy.

I guess my point is that if all the gear was equal, then you wouldn't need better gear anyways. I just don't see the point in arguin against a level playing field in favor of tiered min/maxing for personal gain. If everyone had the same armor cores, there would be no walls to grind through, everything would be just cosmetic reward wise and content balanced against skill and not gear.

I'm not understanding your "it's impossible" attitude, because physically it's very possible.

I disagree only with the statement that it's impossible to change this or any game's formula. that's the entire point of an mmo is that it is constantly changing. changing the way your get your core base of stats shouldn't have any impact on what content you wish to enjoy.

I guess my point is that if all the gear was equal, then you wouldn't need better gear anyways. I just don't see the point in arguin against a level playing field in favor of tiered min/maxing for personal gain. If everyone had the same armor cores, there would be no walls to grind through, everything would be just cosmetic reward wise and content balanced against skill and not gear.

I'm not understanding your "it's impossible" attitude, because physically it's very possible.

Impossible in the sense that it would require a drastic overhaul of what the game had also what makes you think everyone feels the same way you do in terms of skill? Your assuming everyone would like skill based combat and therein lies an issue because some people myself included do NOT like skill based combat only.

Another thing I would like to point out is that for those raiders who work tirelessly to get through the hardest content and get rewarded with the best gear would feel marganilsed because their efforts would be invalidated because as you said "all gear would be equal"

Wait hold on, did you say min/maxing for personal gain? You saying it is a bad thing when a player wants to get optimal stats to maximize their DPS, heals or threat? You are right that MMO's can evolve but many of the aspects you referring to would better suited to a sandbox not a themepark. Another thing, I highly disagree with your assertion that the point of a MMO is to constantly change, as to me the point of a MMO is to invest time in a character and be social.

I am not sure if you are understanding this but you simply can't say that rewards for raiding need to be cosmetic that is a huge slap in the face to those who work hard to earn their way. Again because you do not take part in said content you don't actually get to say what the rewards should be.

Edit: One final thing, you mentioned how content would be "balanced" to skill rather than gear. That to me feels like you want things dumbed down, It probably isn't but why do things need to be balanced? Some things you require to have more than just skill to complete.

Edited by theUndead

Impossible in the sense that it would require a drastic overhaul of what the game had also what makes you think everyone feels the same way you do in terms of skill? Your assuming everyone would like skill based combat and therein lies an issue because some people myself included do NOT like skill based combat only.
It really wouldn't be that big of an overhaul, no more so than they have already done with the first overhaul by adding modify-able armor. A lot of people forget that this game has already had one major gearing overhaul, but original pieces did not have slots for components, so in reality if those slots were filled by crafting mods instead of looted mods, and future operations/pvp were balanced for that it really would be almost literally no work. I would be one tier for everyone. So I guess if you don't like skill based combat you just want to stand in one spot hitting '1' repeatedly? Sounds exciting.

Another thing I would like to point out is that for those raiders who work tirelessly to get through the hardest content and get rewarded with the best gear would feel marganilsed because their efforts would be invalidated because as you said "all gear would be equal"
I think that would be the initial reaction. However, if anything has been proven, shiny/flashy loot drives people in this game crazy, look at all the people who all the sudden are trying to get a 1500 rating for their rancors. I think if you make content challenging enough and provide enough of an intensive to go out and earn it, people will still put in the time.

And as I have already said, if i didn't have to grind all 8+ characters to 55, then to tiers of appropriate gear, you might find more people willing to participate and being social.

Wait hold on, did you say min/maxing for personal gain? You saying it is a bad thing when a player wants to get optimal stats to maximize their DPS, heals or threat? You are right that MMO's can evolve but many of the aspects you referring to would better suited to a sandbox not a themepark. Another thing, I highly disagree with your assertion that the point of a MMO is to constantly change, as to me the point of a MMO is to invest time in a character and be social.
I do think making players level up, then gear up through 2-3 tiers of gear, and then min/max is wrong, yes. This game was developed to be played through on multiple characters and experience their story, adding another grind upon a grind upon a grind is wrong, I just want to play my characters and "be social" as you put it.

I think you've also taken my statement out of context and added your own spin. The point I was making was that these changes are not impossible, and the reason you design a game as an mmo is at it's very core to expand and grow it through new content and changes Your definition of investing time and being social easily fits to LOL or even online shooters, they don't change, they sometimes add content but not frequently. So yes the point of building an MMO is so that it can be expanded, it may not be why YOU play an MMO but that is the point.

I am not sure if you are understanding this but you simply can't say that rewards for raiding need to be cosmetic that is a huge slap in the face to those who work hard to earn their way. Again because you do not take part in said content you don't actually get to say what the rewards should be.
To be brutally honest, neither do you. That being said this is my thread and just because you think it's a slap in the face it certainly wont stop endless amounts of raiders from going on in a few weeks to try and get a purely cosmetic item from NIM modes of DF/DP. Cosmetic isn't this big slap in the face, it's what 99% of this game is built on anyways.

Edit: One final thing, you mentioned how content would be "balanced" to skill rather than gear. That to me feels like you want things dumbed down, It probably isn't but why do things need to be balanced? Some things you require to have more than just skill to complete.
No actually in fact I think this game should be much harder, I think if you could no longer rely on your gear to get you into 16-man raids just to coast by and complete achievements and you actually had to be skilled this game would be much better. I honestly am not shocked to hear someone advocate their pve gear being awesome and it should be all they need but that's also the reason I think many pve players really aren't that good at actually playing their class. To play a game, those who are skilled should be better rewarded than those who are not, and balancing future content with that in mind is where I think this game should go towards.

[

QUOTE=AmagonofBloodfin;7284428]It really wouldn't be that big of an overhaul, no more so than they have already done with the first overhaul by adding modify-able armor. A lot of people forget that this game has already had one major gearing overhaul, but original pieces did not have slots for components, so in reality if those slots were filled by crafting mods instead of looted mods, and future operations/pvp were balanced for that it really would be almost literally no work. I would be one tier for everyone. So I guess if you don't like skill based combat you just want to stand in one spot hitting '1' repeatedly? Sounds exciting.

Are you a game developer? Do have actual proof it would not be incrdibly costy to a major overhaul again? And again why must everything be equal? Why are those who do not put the effort in suddendly have the same playing field. I like your tongue and cheek comment on what you think I might like, no I just like the combat as is.

I think that would be the initial reaction. However, if anything has been proven, shiny/flashy loot drives people in this game crazy, look at all the people who all the sudden are trying to get a 1500 rating for their rancors. I think if you make content challenging enough and provide enough of an intensive to go out and earn it, people will still put in the time.

Really? and what incentives would you put in? I agree that content must be challenging but simply eliminating the gear carrot stick is not ideal.

And as I have already said, if i didn't have to grind all 8+ characters to 55, then to tiers of appropriate gear, you might find more people willing to participate and being social.

That is nothing more than a baseless opinion you can't possibly know how players will want to communicate.

I do think making players level up, then gear up through 2-3 tiers of gear, and then min/max is wrong, yes. This game was developed to be played through on multiple characters and experience their story, adding another grind upon a grind upon a grind is wrong, I just want to play my characters and "be social" as you put it.

Really? So you telling me that I am wrong for min/maxing my guardian to optimal because I want to be the best DPS I can for my raid tem? Wow talk about being selfish. Just because this game was labelled as a story based game does NOT mean that everything should be about that. How dare you say that adding a grind which to many people is the game is wrong. I mean honesty the way you described it, is that the story component of the game should stay but screw the mmo part. No one is allowed to have the correct stats because it has nothing to do with story. Sorry you don't get to re define what an mmo is.

I think you've also taken my statement out of context and added your own spin. The point I was making was that these changes are not impossible, and the reason you design a game as an mmo is at it's very core to expand and grow it through new content and changes Your definition of investing time and being social easily fits to LOL or even online shooters, they don't change, they sometimes add content but not frequently. So yes the point of building an MMO is so that it can be expanded, it may not be why YOU play an MMO but that is the point.

Again that is nothing more than conjecture from you. Yes the changes are not impossible but that does not mean they are feasable. And no it is not the point, because you said the essence of a mmo is to change and become more dyanmic and yet you say that is not the way I play, well you would be correct it is not and it is not many others

so stop trying to dictate what should and should not be accepable ways of playing the game. I did not once say that you are wrong for playing your way so don't come and tell me I am wrong for mine.

To be brutally honest, neither do you. That being said this is my thread and just because you think it's a slap in the face it certainly wont stop endless amounts of raiders from going on in a few weeks to try and get a purely cosmetic item from NIM modes of DF/DP. Cosmetic isn't this big slap in the face, it's what 99% of this game is built on anyways.
[

No it is not your thread, it is a thread you created on a public forum. You don't like my opinion? Fine don't but don't for a second think the game is 99% cosmetic because it isn't. The game is mostly about gear, endgame, story and and cosmetics.

No actually in fact I think this game should be much harder, I think if you could no longer rely on your gear to get you into 16-man raids just to coast by and complete achievements and you actually had to be skilled this game would be much better. I honestly am not shocked to hear someone advocate their pve gear being awesome and it should be all they need but that's also the reason I think many pve players really aren't that good at actually playing their class. To play a game, those who are skilled should be better rewarded than those who are not, and balancing future content with that in mind is where I think this game should go towards.

Oh so here the crux of it is. You don't like PvE players like me who enjoy the game for what it is. Well guess what, suck it up. You do not know how each person plays their class so how the hell can you make such a baseless statment saying most of them are clueless. You also don't know me or how I play so therefore I would ask you to be careful in saying that I and most others are useless when you don't have a shred of proof to back that up. You want a game that rewards skill over gear? Go play Gw2.

mostly non-sense

well at this point we're just getting repetitive, you're wrong on mostly everything you posted and that's ok. taking the gear grind out of this game and making content based on skill for pve and pvp is absolutely the best way to move forward.

Edited by AmagonofBloodfin

well at this point we're just getting repetitive, you're wrong on mostly everything you posted and that's ok. taking the gear grind out of this game and making content based on skill for pve and pvp is absolutely the best way to move forward.

Oh really I am wrong just because you say so? Exactly who made you the great know it all of this game. And you can stop with the pompous arrogant attitude. Don't come and tell me I'm wrong just because you don't agree with me. As that makes you come across as self entitled and immature. So again no taking the gear grind away is not the best way forward and if you don't agree suck it up it's my opinion. You have yours and I have mine.

Edit: You know your title of the thread was suggestions from a beta player, well guess what I am a beta player too so that makes me just as learned as you.

Edited by theUndead

I would argue that removing the gear grind stops forward movement. Not many people are going to do raids if there isn't some reward and how many speeders are you going to throw at them. Gear is how you show progress in this game. Sorry you don't like it, but that's how it is and they would be changing the entire direction of the game to alter that in some way. It would feel utterly stale to sit in the same gear while doing op after op and that would be terrible.