Eyes are dull and flat and completely boring again, hope you got what you wanted

xordevoreaux

Boring.

A nice graphical innovation, and people screamed to the high hills because eyes finally got some depth.

Thank you, Bioware, for at least trying to innovate. People playing this game are caught in amber and can't ever change, ever, even with something simple like eye depth.

Shame.

Leaves no hope for any other graphical innovation in the game. People will resist the least amount of change until the day the game dies.

Shame.

Good job trying, anyway, Bioware. Some appreciated the effort.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize the textures weren't changed, right? The new/bugged/whatever textures from 5.6 are still there. The colors were (not fully) reverted back to what they should be.

And for the record, I hate these new textures in most cases. I want the old eyes back - with the option of having these new textures for people who want them. One of my characters actually looks quite lovely with her new eyes. Everyone else looks hideous and...well, to quote you, dull and flat. They look dead.

Boring.

A nice graphical innovation, and people screamed to the high hills because eyes finally got some depth.

Thank you, Bioware, for at least trying to innovate. People playing this game are caught in amber and can't ever change, ever, even with something simple like eye depth.

Shame.

Leaves no hope for any other graphical innovation in the game. People will resist the least amount of change until the day the game dies.

Shame.

Good job trying, anyway, Bioware. Some appreciated the effort.

I find myself agreeing, the design before today's patch was really vibrant, lively and beautiful. I absolutely adored it but sadly majority of the players didn't like it. It is a great pity as the designs were amazing, but at least it isn't the full old design from pre-5.6. It's at least a better version that the plastic-y designs of before, so I am only half-sad.

You do realize the textures weren't changed, right? The new/bugged/whatever textures from 5.6 are still there. The colors were (not fully) reverted back to what they should be.

And for the record, I hate these new textures in most cases. I want the old eyes back - with the option of having these new textures for people who want them. One of my characters actually looks quite lovely with her new eyes. Everyone else looks hideous and...well, to quote you, dull and flat. They look dead.

Back into wall and swing your camera around until you're looking at yourself and tell me those are the same graphical representation for eyes as before. I'll upload a character creation head shot to imgur in a bit reminding you what it looked like before.

Funny, ever since they've changed it I've hated both of their attempts to fix the problem. With 5.6 many character eye colors changed from what they used to be. With the new patch, now the old eye colors are at least mostly back, but now the Dark Side eyes look much more underwhelming and washed out, on top of my indifference for the new eye texture ever since they tried to 'fix' the shiny eyes.

So no, I personally haven't gotten what I've wanted so far. I'm glad they fixed the eye colors, but now the three new dark side eye customizations from the customization bundle need to reverted to 5.6 WITHOUT breaking the others. Also the Sith White Eyes are now a dull grey instead of well...white.

Edited by JediJuliusDavin

Back into wall and swing your camera around until you're looking at yourself and tell me those are the same graphical representation for eyes as before. I'll upload a character creation head shot to imgur in a bit reminding you what it looked like before.

The more realistic texture is indeed there, I will admit. As I said before, it's not the full design of what once was WHICH IS GOOD. I don't want that plastic-y design with no depth or realism to it back. I loved the design from before today's patch, the one majority complained about... but this is a compromise I can get behind. As long as it's not the original design from pre-5.6 I am satisfied.

The more realistic texture is indeed there, I will admit. As I said before, it's not the full design of what once was WHICH IS GOOD. I don't want that plastic-y design with no depth or realism to it back. I loved the design from before today's patch, the one majority complained about... but this is a compromise I can get behind. As long as it's not the original design from pre-5.6 I am satisfied.

I get within inches of my smuggler's blue eyes and I see nothing. All detail, gone. Absolutely dead and flat, not a shred of highlight at all.

I don't really care. None of my toons had overly shiny eyes.

But I will say, the Teal colored eyes my Sniper had was a bit odd, albeit pretty. But not natural at all. (Yes I know it's not natural for other things but you know what I mean. lol)

So if they've reverted it back to a more standard blue/green that'd be best. lol

Heh... the great "eye saga in SWTOR" kind of illustrates that there is no pleasing everyone.... ever.. in an MMO.

In the grand scheme of things... I rarely see my characters eyes up close, and when I do see them, I certainly do not stop everything and sit there and gaze into them for any period of time. Nor do they in any way advance my characters abilities, skills, etc. So.. count me as one of the players that simply does not give a rats backside to this drama and arguing over eyes in game. :)

Edited by Andryah

I am incredibly disappointed with the change again.. the eyes my characters had yesterday made me create brand new characters to go with the new hairstyles etc because I loved the change in looks so much, they made my characters look more 'alive' and it rekindled my interest in playing them, and now they got changed yet again and I no longer have any will to keep playing them. My wish to play over with some class stories just went out the window, thanks guys.

I am incredibly disappointed with the change again.. the eyes my characters had yesterday made me create brand new characters to go with the new hairstyles etc because I loved the change in looks so much, they made my characters look more 'alive' and it rekindled my interest in playing them, and now they got changed yet again and I no longer have any will to keep playing them. My wish to play over with some class stories just went out the window, thanks guys.

Also, how? How can you like these? Were not only were these colors lighter than they were ever before, most races had their colors switched. How can you not condemn that? This patch barely changed anything! People just love to complain.

Brown looks orange and it no longer exists as a colour (kind of like black hair aka extinct) White eyes look dreadful. Eyes still look dull and have no vibrance.

I love how the OP is complaining that they have been reverted to being cartoony 'old' when it's the complete opposite. It's ironic.....

https://i.imgur.com/w3hUyFC.gif

It's not that difficult to understand at all if you take into account that you and I won't perceive an object in exactly the same way. You may look at a colour and say it's ugly while I may find it beautiful. The same applies here, to you maybe the eyes seem dreadful, while to the OP or me what was before today's patch really looked gorgeous. But that doesn't make anyone's opinion bad or worse than the other, it is just two different opinions on the same matter :)

Also, how? How can you like these? Were not only were these colors lighter than they were ever before, most races had their colors switched. How can you not condemn that? This patch barely changed anything! People just love to complain.

Remember that just because you think something, that doesn't mean others have to think the same. They can have a different perspective and opinion, which is totally fine!

Edited by Ylliarus

I have not seen the new eyes yet, but really...for me it wasn't about the texture. It was about the colors. I actually liked the new dimensions and detail in the eyes, but I hated that the colors had been changed entirely from what they were supposed to be. It's a pity there apparently wasn't a way to adjust the palette back to the original colors without sacrificing the textures.

I don't care if you love them or find them titillating. They are incorrect hues. Telling me as an individual that our tastes differ doesn't change that brown is no longer brown, white being grey toned or black hair looking GREEN!!!. Stop trying to argue that colour mistakes are damn features! Edited by DarkEcIipse

Remember that just because you think something, that doesn't mean others have to think the same. They can have a different perspective and opinion, which is totally fine!

It's not a matter of perspective when it's still the very same texture that was implemented in the last patch! The new color schemes are there, the extra red and veins. These were not present a month ago. The changes that were now applied simply fixed most of the colors. Greens are no longer shock as they were before, Zabrak had their orange colors restored, Twi'lek had their blue eyes restored, etc. Fixing something that was broken is not an issue. Your entire thread is pointless--complaining about something that was not removed...

The people who are mad about these new eyes hold the true rights. My characters LOST their brown eye colors. If you think that's fine... then there's no way that your comments can be accepted as nothing but troll attempts, because this deserves no justification. You can't defend an error.

If someone grabs a painting, something that looks fine on its own.. and then accidentally splashes a whole bucket of water on top of it and tries to fix it over and over again... the issue will still be there. It's not the same painting anymore.

Edited by TheRandomWolf

It's not a matter of perspective when it's still the very same texture that was implemented in the last patch! The new color schemes are there, the extra red and veins. These were not present a month ago. The changes that were now applied simply fixed most of the colors. Greens are no longer shock as they were before, Zabrak had their orange colors restores which were pretty much gone, Twi'lek had their blue eyes restored, etc. Fixing something that was broken is not an issue. Your entire thread is pointless--complaining about something that was not removed...

The people who are mad about these new eyes hold the true rights. My characters LOST their brown eye colors. If you think that's fine... then there's no way that your comments can be accepted as nothing but troll attempts, because this deserves no justification. You can't defend an error.

If someone grabs a painting, something that looks fine on its own.. and then accidentally splashes a whole bucket of water on top of it and tries to fix it over and over again... the issue will still be there. It's not the same painting anymore.

It's like a blind man arguing colour theory with a Illustrator.... hopeless.....

It's like a blind man arguing colour theory with a Illustrator.... hopeless.....

It's just perplexing to see someone arguing about something that hasn't changed. The issue here is the color, not the textures.... yet he's acting as if the eyes are now the same as they were months ago, which is completely false.

It's not a matter of perspective when it's still the very same texture that was implemented in the last patch! The new color schemes are there, the extra red and veins. These were not present a month ago. The changes that were now applied simply fixed most of the colors. Greens are no longer shock as they were before, Zabrak had their orange colors restored, Twi'lek had their blue eyes restored, etc. Fixing something that was broken is not an issue. Your entire thread is pointless--complaining about something that was not removed...

Let's all take a breath okay? I am not trolling anyone here and I feel a lot of misplaced anger from you at the moment. I get it, you are frustrated so what I write might seem as something hostile to you, but I assure you it's not. Let me explain what I mean so that we can clear this up and remain friendly with everyone :) Also, this is not my thread, i responded to this thread as the second poster after the OP.

The new eye design I like, the more detailed texture (not the colour, the texture of the eye design). That one indeed remained the same, I am not talking about that. I am very happy that the eye design texture (not talking about colours or hues yet) remained the same as I prefer that one much more over the first design we had which to me personally appeared as plastic-y and cartoon-like. I understand if you disagree with me on that, but that is fine, we are allowed to have different tastes.

Now, as to the colours: I personally prefered the lighter hues that we had from before today's patch. That is my personal preference. I have already stated in other threads that were made after the change in eye design and colour was introduced in patch 5.6 that I recognised I was in a minority with my opinion, but that I hoped that we wouldn't return to the eye design texture of pre-5.6. I did say that I saw room for improvement with the colours, which brings us to what happened with today's patch. I had thought and hoped the developers would take the colours and hues that we had post-5.6 and improve on those, instead we returned to the colours (not design, I specifically talk about the colours here) that we had pre-5.6 except the dark brown colour. However, to me personally there seems nothing wrong with the brown eye colours. I personally like that they aren't as dark as they used to be. However, I am not saying that that my opinion should precede yours, nor do I think that your opinion precedes mine. This very reason is why I have advocated in threads about this very subject for an option to come to be so that people who liked what we had before today's patch can toggle it on in graphics or something (or have it be extra options on the slider in Character Creator) while those who hate the new colours, designs or textures can have the old ones from pre-5.6. Surely everything about that is perfectly reasonable?

And please understand, the fact that I disagree with you doesn't make me a troll or a bad person. Not everyone has to agree with everyone all the time :)

It's just perplexing to see someone arguing about something that hasn't changed. The issue here is the color, not the textures.... yet he's acting as if the eyes are now the same as they were months ago, which is completely false.

The colours, I am talking about the colours and hues. You have misunderstood what I was talking about or choose to misunderstand what I am speaking of. I said that the colours changed, not the textures, the colours. That made me sad because I personally liked what we had before today's patch. But surely it is not so alien a concept to consider that someone else might like something that you don't like?

Edited by Ylliarus

Let's all take a breath okay? I am not trolling anyone here and I feel a lot of misplaced anger from you at the moment. I get it, you are frustrated so what I write might seem as something hostile to you, but I assure you it's not. Let me explain what I mean so that we can clear this up and remain friendly with everyone :) Also, this is not my thread, i responded to this thread as the second poster after the OP.

The new eye design I like, the more detailed texture (not the colour, the texture of the eye design). That one indeed remained the same, I am not talking about that. I am very happy that the eye design texture (not talking about colours or hues yet) remained the same as I prefer that one much more over the first design we had which to me personally appeared as plastic-y and cartoon-like. I understand if you disagree with me on that, but that is fine, we are allowed to have different tastes.

Now, as to the colours: I personally prefered the lighter hues that we had from before today's patch. That is my personal preference. I have already stated in other threads that were made after the change in eye design and colour was introduced in patch 5.6 that I recognised I was in a minority with my opinion, but that I hoped that we wouldn't return to the eye design texture of pre-5.6. I did say that I saw room for improvement with the colours, which brings us to what happened with today's patch. I had thought and hoped the developers would take the colours and hues that we had post-5.6 and improve on those, instead we returned to the colours (not design, I specifically talk about the colours here) that we had pre-5.6 except the dark brown colour. However, to me personally there seems nothing wrong with the brown eye colours. I personally like that they aren't as dark as they used to be. However, I am not saying that that my opinion should precede yours, nor do I think that your opinion precedes mine. This very reason is why I have advocated in threads about this very subject for an option to come to be so that people who liked what we had before today's patch can toggle it on in graphics or something (or have it be extra options on the slider in Character Creator) while those who hate the new colours, designs or textures can have the old ones from pre-5.6. Surely everything about that is perfectly reasonable?

And please understand, the fact that I disagree with you doesn't make me a troll or a bad person. Not everyone has to agree with everyone all the time :)

The colours, I am talking about the colours and hues. You have misunderstood what I was talking about or choose to misunderstand what I am speaking of. I said that the colours changed, not the textures, the colours. That made me sad because I personally liked what we had before today's patch. But surely it is not so alien a concept to consider that someone else might like something that you don't like?

The only time I'm likely to be on the same page with Ylliarus! lol

Everything here. I admit todays brown eye colouring looks great, I love it that my brown-eyed characters aren't hazel/green anymore, but they are also nicer now and a bit lighter. Sadly all my other characters look iffy all over again, the eye colour change definitely made me get interested in playing my characters again, I've been excited and big on the game since that change, and for the first time in a long time to make new characters, now the new characters have horrendously dark eyes, where they were very light before, so I deleted them with no interest in making more and I still prefer the eye colours all my 4-6 year old characters had yesterday. The only one that did not change at all (lol) was my Mirialan with purple eyes.

The only time I'm likely to be on the same page with Ylliarus! lol

Everything here. I admit todays brown eye colouring looks great, I love it that my brown-eyed characters aren't hazel/green anymore, but they are also nicer now and a bit lighter. Sadly all my other characters look iffy all over again, the eye colour change definitely made me get interested in playing my characters again, I've been excited and big on the game since that change, and for the first time in a long time to make new characters, now the new characters have horrendously dark eyes, where they were very light before, so I deleted them with no interest in making more and I still prefer the eye colours all my 4-6 year old characters had yesterday. The only one that did not change at all (lol) was my Mirialan with purple eyes.

Surely we agree on more matters! We simply haven't come to discuss them ;)

I agree, I have had the same. I made a new Sith Assassin two days ago and I barely did human characters anymore because they had become a bit boring in appearance pre-5.6. However, with the eye colours from before today's patched I actually really became interested in making a human character. He was blond with gray eyes and damn did those gray eyes look good... so vibrant, lively and had a very beautiful depth to them. But then today the gray colour of yesterday became the same as it was before patch-5.6 and frankly I have lost all interest to play him anymore. Yesterday he looked very appealing to the eye in the cutscenes, today he looks dull again :(

Edited by Ylliarus