Keith your 1 year Review is coming up soon

cowkiller

so far this year we seen 1 new warzone 1 new flash point 3/5 a new ops some starfighter some other little content .

Keith do you and i mean you really think that its worth 20$ CAD a month + (hyper crates every few ) to play swtor at this moment as a gamer

there no word on what happening in 2018 there no word on the other 2/5 of ops.

you make great flash point bosses but why a year for 3/5 ops bosses ?

and this year life day is the same as last year :( but with 2 new items you get for free

so far this year we seen 1 new warzone 1 new flash point 3/5 a new ops some starfighter some other little content .

And that's more than you saw last year.

Don't like it quit playing. It's that easy.

I don't know why you & all the others think that Keith is some fix all guy who can just snap his fingers & off they go designing what you want. He still has to go through red tape too. He still has to get the financing/budgeting. He's also coming into a job that had some major screw-ups so he's got to fix that too.

So if you're gonna do a "review" on Keith then he gets a 95% from me. Excellent job!

I think he has the 8 devs on better track than before, which is his job. If you want more content, they need more people.

It's taken a year to nerf all the classes. Aside from CM updates, nerfs are the only thing we consistently got in all of 2017.

Keith still has a chance with me, but he needs to make a real impact in 2018...no more nerfs and no more of this one world boss every 4 months crap. Development is far too slow right now.

Development is far too slow right now.

This is a direct correlation to team size though. You can't put out more content if you don't have more people. The only thing Keith can control is the direction of the game and the quality of the content. You can't expect him to put out an operation a year if he only has the staff for 3 bosses.

This is a direct correlation to team size though. You can't put out more content if you don't have more people. The only thing Keith can control is the direction of the game and the quality of the content. You can't expect him to put out an operation a year if he only has the staff for 3 bosses.

I expect content rather than month after month of nothing but nerfs. I expect that their goal is to IMPROVE the game for their players, not artificially make 6-year old content harder by nerfing heals and DPS for a full flipping year. 2017 was an extremely disappointing year overall...it has ended well, but that doesn't negate the previous crappy 11 months.

I think the changes he made to the Galactic Command system have been a vast improvement over what it was. It isn't as big an improvement as removing the RNG stuff entirely - however, with bosses dropping gear tokens and the ability to upgrade gear tokens from HM operations into NiM level gear drops and the conversion of UCs to legacy... gear has actually never been easier to get for all players, no matter the content that they play. Compared to what it was when 5.0 dropped - he has done remarkable things and come a long way.

I think the UC disassemble rate is fair, and the drop rate of new crafting mats is decent enough to not feel like I will NEVER get a character equipped with them. These are steps in the right direction.

All the nerfing, I agree was a little over the top. To then just add those new augments? Really? What's the point again?

And the slooooooow pace of content release has been sometimes painful. However, that said... most parts of the game got at least a little love - just not a lot. That I agree is due to the staff size vs. the size of the mess that Keith inherited. The disheartening part is all the bugs. Yes, there are bugs in every game. Yes, there have been bugs in every single patch this game has ever produced. But it just seems like lately... it's more bugs than fixes or stuff that works properly. It's hard to celebrate new stuff when it is overshadowed by 3 bugs for every new part of the game.

I was excited when I heard about them going back to developing a planet with dailies, but Iokath was lackluster, the faction issues make it tricky sometimes and again... very buggy (like, why does it turn off my sprint every single time I load into the planet??).

To hear we were getting a new raid, that it would be finished by the end of the year, and that they would be releasing the NiM version of the previous boss with the SM/HM version of the new boss was very exciting. Then that didn't pan out, and we didn't even get a complete raid by calendar's end.

So it's a mixed bag, but I think he's trying. With such a limited staff and such a huge mess inherited, I think it is too soon to say much other than that. I'm willing to give it more time and play along waiting for all that was promised earlier this year in that live stream that made me have hope for this game again.

Edited by PennyAnn

It's taken a year to nerf all the classes. Aside from CM updates, nerfs are the only thing we consistently got in all of 2017.

Keith still has a chance with me, but he needs to make a real impact in 2018...no more nerfs and no more of this one world boss every 4 months crap. Development is far too slow right now.

Yes, and EA doesn't even bother to involve us much at all in their Quarterly reports, which means if they don't care about anything but the Micro-transactions, then we will get next to nothing. As bad as EA is, i'm surprised we got this much stuff, though they did shaft the Aussie's big time and lost very valuable customers that loved this game.:(

.....I think he's trying.....

I too agree with this statement.

I get the feeling that Keith has been given the task of mowing a hundred acre yard with a little hand push lawn mower.

He can only do so much with the little he's been given (budget plus personnel, which to me seems like he has minimal budget and minimal personnel), and a lot of people may end up feeling their favorite aspect of the game is being ignored or going in the wrong direction.

I have grievances with the game, but as for Keith and what he's doing, I can't be that critical of him considering the circumstances.

The two bad decisions that I feel Keith needs to own both have to do with communication and withholding information and revealing said information after the fact.

1. Not being honest about there being no server on the U.S west coast.

2. The thing with the legacy CXP boost. (Anybody need a refresher about that? I can post links for reference if needed).

We're (at least those of us posting on the forums) paying customers (you can't post on the forums if you're preferred or free to play) and I feel we should be treated as such, not treated with contempt or like a big inconvenience to the SWTOR team.

But, yeah, overall while he of course isn't perfect, I agree that Keith is doing the best he can.

I think his attitude and approach is much better than from this fail dude who had the job before.

But this company has probably some of the worst possible employees in the dev department with absolutely no precision in what they are doing, no sense and love for details and best of all no quality control and proper testing at all.

They might in addition lack ressources but that just adds to it. The obviously very bad trained majority of the CS department also does. Sometimes you even have the impression that they don't really know the language they are using or reading...

And Keith needs to change all of this, if possible in any way.

And the totally unacceptable stunt with the West coast servers, although I'm not affected here in Germany, is totally on him and that was pathetic. And I believe also counter productive...

Edited by Khaleg

All this now means there aren't any places for Keith to hide any more, Ben's content in the pipeline (if it goes out to a year) is over and anything from this point is on Keith now. I haven't really attacked keith on anything content related yet, because there has been virtually nothing in the way of content that has come and what little there was from Ben Irving's time.

The real review begins from the moment it hits one year to the day. Now we will see what Keith has in store for the SWTOR community.

All of your comments are ones I agreed with, but I wanted to highlight this one...I too think he's trying, which is why he still has a friend in me.

While I also think he is trying, I don’t think he understands or cares to understand what story players and role players want. The unacknowledged stealth nerf to the Outfit Designer used up the last of my free good will. Future good will will have to be earned and it won’t come cheap.

My biggest issue with Keith isn't the lack of releasing a full Op in a year, it's not even the CXP fiasco...it's our full year of nerfs. His job is to make this game more appealing to all players - the nerfs did the exact opposite of that. His year of nerfing has taken a toll. He promised that we'd understand later, but I still don't freaking get it...?! Just so they could add gear augments as drops in a FP?? It makes ZERO sense...these new augments just don't make up for what he's taken away, and I still see no reason for him to have wasted a year nerfing classes when he should have been adding content.

He's improved many aspects of CXP and RNG gearing, and I'm glad we got 2 FPs and 3 new Ops boss rooms, but the nerfs have overshadowed all of that imo.

He's FAR better than Ben...but still has work to do.

Edited by TUXs

Yes, and EA doesn't even bother to involve us much at all in their Quarterly reports, which means if they don't care about anything but the Micro-transactions, then we will get next to nothing. As bad as EA is, i'm surprised we got this much stuff, though they did shaft the Aussie's big time and lost very valuable customers that loved this game.:(

RIP my fellow APAC players 😢

Keith should start a crowd fund to get the money he needs for resources and to give us more content that has been polished. While making sure EA can’t get their greedy little hands on the money raised,

I know we pay for subs, but EA just pocket that and don’t put it back into the game. I’d go free to play and give my sub money to the crowd funding so that the game could improve,

I know none of that is realistic or probably legal. But a girl can make a Christmas wish. 🤶🏻

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Keith do you and i mean you really think that its worth 20$ CAD a month + (hyper crates every few ) to play swtor at this moment as a gamer

there no word on what happening in 2018 there no word on the other 2/5 of ops.

you make great flash point bosses but why a year for 3/5 ops bosses ?

and this year life day is the same as last year :( but with 2 new items you get for free

Swtor is dead

Just want to preface this by saying this is not really directed at you OP but you are part of the problem for sure; in general these forums are the most toxic, doom and gloom place I have seen in a long time. So much complaining, and cutting the game down, predicting its demise, attacking the devs, pushing back on every QoL change, every update, and the list goes on and on.

If I was the devs I would never come here, I have no idea how Eric does it day in and day out without being on some kind of Prozac type medication.

to this part:

Keith do you and i mean you really think that its worth 20$ CAD a month

> Yes I do, the game is worth the subscription fee, its minimal.

I think the changes he made to the Galactic Command system have been a vast improvement over what it was. It isn't as big an improvement as removing the RNG stuff entirely - however, with bosses dropping gear tokens and the ability to upgrade gear tokens from HM operations into NiM level gear drops and the conversion of UCs to legacy... gear has actually never been easier to get for all players, no matter the content that they play. Compared to what it was when 5.0 dropped - he has done remarkable things and come a long way.

I think the UC disassemble rate is fair, and the drop rate of new crafting mats is decent enough to not feel like I will NEVER get a character equipped with them. These are steps in the right direction.

All the nerfing, I agree was a little over the top. To then just add those new augments? Really? What's the point again?

And the slooooooow pace of content release has been sometimes painful. However, that said... most parts of the game got at least a little love - just not a lot. That I agree is due to the staff size vs. the size of the mess that Keith inherited. The disheartening part is all the bugs. Yes, there are bugs in every game. Yes, there have been bugs in every single patch this game has ever produced. But it just seems like lately... it's more bugs than fixes or stuff that works properly. It's hard to celebrate new stuff when it is overshadowed by 3 bugs for every new part of the game.

I was excited when I heard about them going back to developing a planet with dailies, but Iokath was lackluster, the faction issues make it tricky sometimes and again... very buggy (like, why does it turn off my sprint every single time I load into the planet??).

To hear we were getting a new raid, that it would be finished by the end of the year, and that they would be releasing the NiM version of the previous boss with the SM/HM version of the new boss was very exciting. Then that didn't pan out, and we didn't even get a complete raid by calendar's end.

So it's a mixed bag, but I think he's trying. With such a limited staff and such a huge mess inherited, I think it is too soon to say much other than that. I'm willing to give it more time and play along waiting for all that was promised earlier this year in that live stream that made me have hope for this game again.

Excellent post!