Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is the Jedi Knight's story any good?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is the Jedi Knight's story any good?

SilentKitty
01.25.2012 , 04:34 PM | #31
Ohh wow!

I have had such a great evening! Finished up on Hoth and did not expect the story twist in the end there, just want to keep on playing but is pretty much midnight over here on a weekday so time to wrap it up. How would I rate it, I want more, right now. As always it is very personal how you feel about the story and your char but for me it has only gotten better and better.

For those who have done the ending on Hoth, otherwise don't look

Spoiler

WarlordThuran
01.25.2012 , 04:56 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryukan View Post
The end fight with
Spoiler
while being challenging enough felt a bit at odds storywise. After the initial encounter with him it I didn't think it would go down like it did. I kept thinking something was going to happen at the end and he was going to pull some trick that would let him get away.

Afterwards, the stuff
Spoiler
and his rise to power was expected but done well enough.

Sith warrior and JK spoiler:

Spoiler

in short: see you on the dark side, suckers!

Romick
01.25.2012 , 07:16 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by WarlordThuran View Post

Spoiler
Spoiler

eojs
01.25.2012 , 07:28 PM | #34
I really enjoyed the JK story, but I expected to be a hero and was not disappointed. It picks up near the end of the prologue and each chapter is noteworthy. I felt chapter 2 was my least favorite, but it picked up quite a bit in the end of the chapter.

There were a few 'surprises' along the way to keep it interesting, and most importantly, I felt important the whole time.

ActionAce
01.25.2012 , 10:57 PM | #35
Some really great observations

It is more of an "along for the ride" type of story, more so than the others I think. That being said, you always do feel important, and for that Bioware deserves heaps of credit.

Plus there is Master Orgus. He is fantastic.

"if we don't survive this, you are fired "
Quote of the month:
wileycoyote -If there were no "soloers" oohing and ahhing, the "raiders" would look pretty silly just standing around in front of the bank with no audience

FobManX
01.25.2012 , 11:38 PM | #36
The best part of the story IMO was near the end in Corelia when...

Spoiler

LebFarkell
03.03.2012 , 03:06 AM | #37
I hated the JK story. There.

Like someone said before, you basically accomplish nothing.
Spoiler
Nope. You were worthless. Good job nobody, you did nothing, here's a Cross of Glory.

Also, even without that, how much planet destroying technology is there? I mean, wasn't the Death Star (3,600 years later) a pretty big deal because it could destroy planets? This game kinda ***** all over that. Turns out the Death Star was just a common piece of technology because every planet you go to has something that can kill the planet.

Worst writing in any Bioware game I've played...

urborror
03.03.2012 , 07:05 AM | #38
Quickly: describe the subtle differences in characterization between Qui-Jonn Jinn, Mace Windu and your Jedi character from this game: go!

You can't do it.

People saying they like the other stories might just like the other *characters*.

The story itself is ostensibly the most epic of any class.

The Jedi characters are also the most boring of any class--remember how boring and interchangeable the Jedis were in the prequels?

They are actually somewhat worse in this. Humorless, emotionless, and even lacking wisdom (they don't know *anything* about life or the force you didn't know after watching "Empire Strikes Back"--to be "wise" you need to say something wise.)

The characters have no history--no perspective. Partially because it's an MMO.

You never feel like Luke Skywalker because you see no transformation--you arrive into the game like Luke in "Return of the Jedi," "wise" and dull. With Luke, it sorta worked because we'd watch him grow. He had an arc. Jedis in this have no arc.

Will you enjoy the dialogues? Will you enjoy your Jedi?

With the way this game is written, I found it much more fun to just be an evil Sith, since at least it was fun in a "Hitman" or "Grand Theft Auto" way.

TheJedi-Revan
05.23.2012 , 07:06 AM | #39
For me, this is my first MMO, and to be honest I am enjoying it a lot, this may be because I absolutely LOVE Star Wars, or that it is my first MMO and I'm not sure what other games have better and what is bad. I played my character as a smart, cunning, courages and kind Jedi Guardian, and every choice I have made has been Light side. My character in my Legacy is the Son of a member of the Dark Council so he also has an ability to use certain Dark traits and powers that can help him on his ways. He draws upon the light and dark, but does not believe in the practices of the Sith.

On Tython, I had lots of fun and found lvling and learning a fun experience. It also helped me mold my character into what I and the game would perceive of him. From Coruscant till the end of Ord Mantel, I wanted to slit my risks and put pins into my eyes. The story wasn't all to bad, but everything else was so boring and bland. From there on I think i have ****** on several occasions while playing this game just because of the sheer awesomeness.

In my opinion, it really comes to what you like and how you can perceive your character. In my mind when i play the game I am constantly thinking of my choices and how my character would play out certain situations. I strongly recommend you to play the JK class, it is almost impossible to get a true grasp of how the story plays out and what you would take from it by reading forums. If I was in your shoes, play to lvl 30-35 and see what you think, after that i would not bother (but when you go to the emperors fortress with the other Jedi and fight scourge, from there on turns into total complete epicness, well for me

dezcordero
05.23.2012 , 07:13 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by ejadavidson View Post
I started a Jedi knight. Since I'm a Star Wars geek, I really thought I should do this, but so far I've not liked the storyline. I'm still willing to give it a try since she's only level 12. I like the play style and the duel lightsaber is cool. It's the story, like the OP mentioned, that keeps me playing. I do hope the story ramps up. It's very insipid and the voice actor for the female jedi sounds like she's this eager 15 year old cheerleader; very little wisdom or maturity.

Please tell me it gets better?
My Jedi Knight is currently lvl 38 and I love it. I found, though, that when I made a kind of sweet looking freckle faced girl and then played her dark-sided I loved the class so much more. It was fun sounding all sweet and looking like a model Jedi and totally pulling the wool over the council's eyes. Listening to Satele telling me i am the hope for the Jedi order while I murder and cause mayhem and leave people to die....and then lie about it.

Some of Kira's comments to my darker deeds make it all worthwhile lol.

Dez
Explorer 87% | Achiever 47% | Killer 47% | Socializer 20%

"Tali, I have to go. Would you believe these guns STILL need claribrating?" Garrus, ME3