Star Citizen funding passes $38million.....

ImmortalLowlife

I started backing Star Citizen in late 2013.

The roadmap for 2015 will bring along the FPS module, social/planetside module, multicrew ships and more.

Some in-engine footage:

Most successful scam in the history of scams.

Quite a number of backers would disagree.

I am sure that with your brilliant argumentation, reality will have to adapt to your personal opinions.

I started backing Star Citizen in late 2013.

The roadmap for 2015 will bring along the FPS module, social/planetside module, multicrew ships and more.

Some in-engine footage:

Quite a number of backers would disagree.

I am sure that with your brilliant argumentation, reality will have to adapt to your personal opinions.

While that looks pretty, I wonder how much of it is really in game footage?

And of course, even if done with the engine, there is "in game demo where nothing has to interact", then there is "64 players in one room at the same time".

Those aren't the same things. :D

Tech demos always look better than the games because they don't have to do anything. Collision detection and item interaction is not a minor thing.

While that looks pretty, I wonder how much of it is really in game footage?

And of course, even if done with the engine, there is "in game demo where nothing has to interact", then there is "64 players in one room at the same time".

Those aren't the same things. :D

Tech demos always look better than the games because they don't have to do anything. Collision detection and item interaction is not a minor thing.

It's good to be skeptical about games - the only thing which matters is what you see when you play. The trailers for SWTOR or ESO, as an example, could be said to be somewhat different from the actual gameplay. The Star Citizen in-engine footage is relatively close to what you will see when playing the finished game.

This video is a few months old but gives a good idea of the current gameplay of Arena Commander:

Arena Commander has been out since early-mid 2014 and is a 'game within the game' where you can practice your dogfighting skills - either against AI enemies, against other players or playing co-op with players against AI. By the summer/autumn this year the multicrew ships will be available - at the moment you can only fly one person per ship.

Star Citizen is a first-person-universe-simulator released in modules for players to test once they are available. The Persistent Universe will be the sum of all modules combined together with the economic simulation.

Edited by Arygaath

Oh, the Star Citizen forum is going to be SO. MUCH. FUN. when the game's actually released.

All those "But I PAID you to do X" and "I want my money back" threads are going to be great.

How about "I want my Cartel Coins back!!"

Most backers of Star Citizen are in the age of 30+, and I hope that they make mature decisions in regards to their backing.

How about "I want my Cartel Coins back!!"

Most backers of Star Citizen are in the age of 30+, and I hope that they make mature decisions in regards to their backing.

They are gamers.

TheNahash, prepare the popcorns!

Edited by Yojiro

They are gamers.

TheNahash, prepare the popcorns!

Haha, fair point.

Personally I am glad I am not missing out on the Star Citizen modular releases this year. :D

In regards to popcorn, I wouldn't want to grease my flight controls while enjoying my first-person gaming experience while others will be stuck with Old Themepark of the Republic. :p

As an aside, SWTOR is a decent game.

I just wish EA/Bioware would have invested more effort and long-term design decisions into it.

Edited by Arygaath

Mind you, I'm looking forward to Star Citizen and I am following it very closely, though I have not committed to funding anything yet - I am far too suspicious of the gaming industry in general to do that. Edited by Yojiro

Mind you, I'm looking forward to Star Citizen and I am following it very closely, though I have not committed to funding anything yet, I am far too suspicious of the gaming industry in general to do that.

This is pretty much me. I've got my joystick waiting, but I'm NOT getting my hopes up for this (or elite dangerous for that matter). I'll see how it does after launch and it's reviewed by some of the reviewers I trust.