gunslinger nerfed?

HyBRiDz

They nerfed our Burst Damage and energy management.....

Smuggler

Gunslinger

Due to changes in the Gunslinger skill trees, Gunslingers have had their skill points refunded.

The damage absorbed by Defense Screen now scales properly based on character stats.

Hunker Down's buff tooltip no longer incorrectly mentions damage reduction.

Illegal Mods now increases Accuracy by 30% and Armor Penetration by 15% instead of increasing Alacrity.

Charged Burst's visual effects now work correctly with color crystals. It now uses the correct visual effects when dual wielding.

An issue that prevented Leg Shot from displaying visual effects has been corrected.

The visual effect of Smuggler's Luck now lasts the full 20 seconds.

Quickdraw has a new sound and visual appearance.

Saboteur

Contingency Charges now lasts 20 seconds (up from 10). Contingency Charges can now be detonated once every second (down from once every 1.5 seconds).

Insurrection now provides 2 additional Contingency Charges (up from 1).

Sharpshooter

Rapid Fire and Burst Volley have swapped positions in the skill tree.

Rapid Fire is now a 3-point passive skill that reduces the cooldown of Aimed Shot and Speed Shot by 1 second per point.

Burst Volley now finishes the cooldown of Speed Shot and increases Alacrity by 10% and Energy regeneration by 50% for 10 seconds. It has a 45-second cooldown.

Trickshot has a new sound and visual appearance, including a color change based on the equipped color crystal.

Scoundrel

Scrapper

Survivor's Scars now increases healing received by 1% per point (down from 3% per point).

They did not nerf a single thing, in fact we were buffed in a few spots.

Energy management is the same, or slight improvment for SS's. If you are having problems its not with the class.

I find that after a major patch, that if someone is finding something very wrong, then take it with a grain of salt, because something as small as miscarrying that one from their equation and code input could screw up a lot of things and be easily missed.

Besides, Bioware has on more than one occasion revised their patch notes a few days after they said it was in the game....

We need more testing on this.

Unless you actually test it, in which case there is a slight nerf to the sharpshooter tree. Basically Burst volley in no longer always active as soon as possible, you have to activate it... the energy regen is on a 10 sec timer and 45 cooldown. They also made it so you can't triple hit Speed Shot with Rapid Fire (SS RF SS SS) which was one of our main burst combos, so overall i'm seeing about 60-100 DPS lower and far lower Burst damage (1 min fights on dummy used to be around ~1450, now the highest i'm getting is ~1280).

My only issue is that these #'s aren't a true comparison as I upgraded 2 pieces of gear to (BH Gloves and WH Offhand) right before 1.3 went live, so I should actually be seeing slightly higher DPS, not lower.

Edited by DarkhawkXY

The change in Burst Volley if you did not catch it will make you feel they nerfed energy management.

Instead of being passive proc chance, it is now an activated CD to get the 50% increased regen. If you are not using that CD, I could easily see how you would feel like you do...

The change in Burst Volley if you did not catch it will make you feel they nerfed energy management.

Instead of being passive proc chance, it is now an activated CD to get the 50% increased regen. If you are not using that CD, I could easily see how you would feel like you do...

If Im not mistaken its a 2 min CD, how does that help us manage energy? now if it was a 45 sec CD then yeah I can see it making a difference...

It's amazing that Bioware nerfs us and people try to defend it by saying it's not a nerf because Bioware says so in the notes.... If you had been using a parser pre 1.3 and compare it to post 1.3 you can see the DPS dropoff, especially in long fights..

Edited by Monoth

If Im not mistaken its a 2 min CD, how does that help us manage energy? now if it was a 45 sec CD then yeah I can see it making a difference...

It's amazing that Bioware nerfs us and people try to defend it by saying it's not a nerf because Bioware says so in the notes.... If you had been using a parser pre 1.3 and compare it to post 1.3 you can see the DPS dropoff, especially in long fights..

Tooltip says 45 seconds, not sure if it's correct since I'm a Sabslinger atm.

thinking GS did get nerfed...they definitely tweaked something under the table. Not sure how I'm liking some of the new sounds and animations as well....so far added extra choppy/clunkyness on my GS

although I do still top the boards in overall WZ dps regularly...if feels like any 1v1's I get into are definitely more challenging

I'm not certain it actually works since I don't really notice any difference in energy regen with it active.

oh it works for sure but it is kinda of a nerf just because we need to use it in our rotations every now and then so 1 GCD wasted.

I am agreeing with the statement that something was changed under the table. Due to working companion buffs, augments and new relics my stats went sky high yet I do less overall damage. Well, at least I have this feeling.

1 min fights on test dummy show decrease in DPS but longer fights show slight increase. IMO GS is better in longer PvE fights or really short encounters like trash mobs. Where big burst is needed or energy micromanagment is impossible (PvP) it is quite hard. So far in PvP I do feel something is different but can't exactly tell what yet. Need to get used to new rotations.

I'm not certain it actually works since I don't really notice any difference in energy regen with it active.

Forgive me if I don't take you at your word. If you want to believe you got nerfed of course you would think that, but the tooltip and anecdotal evidence from other people who HAVE paid attention say that it's working just fine. Does it require more effort on your part? Yes. Is that a nerf? Up for debate. Certainly doesn't mean it's not working.

Yeah, I noticed this too on my sniper(MM). The nerfed the MM tree, which is spurned by PvP and PvE players, after they buffed the sniper DPS by 5%. If anything, MM deserved a buff to make it competitive in PvP and PvE. I am sorry but this dev team has no clue on how to manage MMOs. Instead of a series of small and controlled class changes they do major modifications causing people to feel like they are on a roller coaster.

Is it any surprise that after 1.2 they lost an additional 400K subscribers?

I really dont notice any changes on my slinger, now after extensive playing since 1.3. i play a sab slinger tho and not a SS.

As far as energy management, no problems here either. People do know that you're energy regen rate is based off of how much energy you currently have? Try and keep it around 60% for the fastest regen.

side note: I have free quick shot for 6 seconds whenever i leave cover so thats one reason why im always good on energy.

The actual answer is they nerfed gunslingers quite bad if you were using illegal mods to bust out an aimed shot, 2 speedshots, and a trickshot...Everyone plays the class different, but before 1.3 gunslinger was my favorite class that I have ever played in a MMO. Instead of just nerfing us they fundamentally changed how the class played. Now(spelling edit) it feels very clunky to play a gunslinger, the abilities just don't mesh as nicely making for a severely different game experience.

Before the patch in full rakata/couple of bh/campaign and only 5 augments I was doing consistently higher dps across the board. On Kephess HM I was averaging around 1400 dps. After the patch I hit 1000 on Kephess with a couple more pieces of campaign/bh gear and fully augmented. I am close to where I was pre-patch now, but to get nerfed so hard only to reach an equal level (if not still worse in most situations) is a hard pill to swallow.

I am not calling for nerfs to other classes, but seeing sages as the top dps and heals is getting a little old. A hybrid class should be able to dps as well as me sure, but to make a hybrid class do consistently more dps than a pure dps class is really a shame to see.

This really is a big issue for me as a gunslinger. 1.3 neutered the game experience and dps of gunslinger. Things need to be looked at moving forward because if their idea to nerf a class is to fundamentally change the feel of the class then that is disappointing. I will continue getting better as I play longer with the changes, but right now the class just doesn't feel as dynamic as it did before.

Edited by Renko

The actual answer is they nerfed gunslingers quite bad if you were using illegal mods to bust out an aimed shot, 2 speedshots, and a trickshot...Everyone plays the class different, but before 1.3 gunslinger was my favorite class that I have ever played in a MMO. Instead of just nerfing us they fundamentally changed how the class played. Now(spelling edit) it feels very clunky to play a gunslinger, the abilities just don't mesh as nicely making for a severely different game experience.

Before the patch in full rakata/couple of bh/campaign and only 5 augments I was doing consistently higher dps across the board. On Kephess HM I was averaging around 1400 dps. After the patch I hit 1000 on Kephess with a couple more pieces of campaign/bh gear and fully augmented. I am close to where I was pre-patch now, but to get nerfed so hard only to reach an equal level (if not still worse in most situations) is a hard pill to swallow.

I am not calling for nerfs to other classes, but seeing sages as the top dps and heals is getting a little old. A hybrid class should be able to dps as well as me sure, but to make a hybrid class do consistently more dps than a pure dps class is really a shame to see.

This really is a big issue for me as a gunslinger. 1.3 neutered the game experience and dps of gunslinger. Things need to be looked at moving forward because if their idea to nerf a class is to fundamentally change the feel of the class then that is disappointing. I will continue getting better as I play longer with the changes, but right now the class just doesn't feel as dynamic as it did before.

Yes quite amazing how pre-1.3 with less augmented gear I was able to easily hit 1400 dps on kephas sm...and after patch with better gear and augmented out I am at about 1100 dps....that is a pretty huge hit. Basically they for some reason thought that gs needed even more accuracy since illegal mods now gives a 30% boost to accuracy....wth? with the "targeter's" gear on one should already have around 110% accuracy on tech abilities and around 103-5% on ranged attacks....illegal mods needs changed to +30% armor pen...then it would make sense.

I moved from dirty fighting to SS after the free reset. Wanna see energy problems? Play dirty fighting. I rarely if ever run out of energy unless I spam charged burst. They made the energy regen on demand as opposed to random, this makes it controllable although there is potential for less energy regen overall.

they only difference i have noticed is the non stacking armor debuffs. for our class spec this in itself can be rather significant. never had a power issue which leads me to believe some people might have a poor rotation. spamming one ability instead of another can make a big difference.

Yes quite amazing how pre-1.3 with less augmented gear I was able to easily hit 1400 dps on kephas sm...and after patch with better gear and augmented out I am at about 1100 dps....that is a pretty huge hit. Basically they for some reason thought that gs needed even more accuracy since illegal mods now gives a 30% boost to accuracy....wth? with the "targeter's" gear on one should already have around 110% accuracy on tech abilities and around 103-5% on ranged attacks....illegal mods needs changed to +30% armor pen...then it would make sense.

Illegal mods needs to be changed back to being a temporary haste buff. The class didn't have issues before, sure if you played it well you were most likely the top dps in your fp/ops, but shouldn't a pure dps class be at LEAST able to dps as well as say sages....who now beat us consistently in dps, and by quite a large margin most of the time. :mad: