Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If i get eve:online from amazon.com will ccp allow an account from New Zealand

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
If i get eve:online from amazon.com will ccp allow an account from New Zealand

JPryde
07.08.2013 , 07:49 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpekulatius View Post
Don't know what you mean by that.
the German is such a nice channel, only friendly people, they are always generous with excellent tips and Helpful suggestions no matter the language. (edit: at least it was 4 years ago)
GERMAN and HILFE also were nice one year ago, when I stopped playing EVE... as long as you were speaking german
English was mostly accepted, but generally sent to their respective channels... cyrillic chat usually ended in declarations of war
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
T3-M4
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

DarthSpekulatius
07.08.2013 , 08:31 AM | #12
oh also they have a really annoying UI especially all these popups make sure you click "do not show again" or you'll be mad within a week.

and it's really sad that right click isn't supported in that game, also the complete lack of PVP might be a bit disgusting if you like that stuff.

Edit: and don't get me started on the awful graphics

JPryde
07.08.2013 , 08:37 AM | #13
The complete LACK of PVP in EVE ONLINE ??

Are we talking about the same game?
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
T3-M4
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

DarthSpekulatius
07.08.2013 , 08:47 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
The complete LACK of PVP in EVE ONLINE ??

Are we talking about the same game?

swtonewbie
07.08.2013 , 08:55 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
EVE is very newbie friendly. The very first time, you undock you already will see a dozen yellow can-boxes in space barely 10km away, which are named "free stuff" or something like that. And the moment you take anything out of those boxes, you get a new ship and learn how to fly a pod
And the EVE online developers and channel moderators are also very active not to mention protective of new players in the new player systems. A dev even came out and said that anyone preying on newbie players (bait canning, can flipping or scamming) in new player zones will get temp bans.

Quote:
CCP GM Homonoia says I shall make this real simple: Do not mess with rookies in rookie systems in any way. They are still trying to figure out how to read the overview and how to right click; messing with them at that point in their career is something for bullies who have something to compensate for and only dare to pick on the smallest, weakest boy in kindergarten.

CCP GM Zerat saysThere is currently a blanket ban on can baiting in rookie systems, I just wanted to bring that up as many players make this mistake.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Rookie_Systems
Warning: Can Flipping in Rookie Systems is considered Griefing.

So if you are thinking about can baiting only older players in those systems, please do not.

Funny thing is that people still do try to bait rookies in rookie systems. People either try to feign ignorance...or maybe they really are ignorant, or they just lack common sense. It's actually nice to see that devs in EVE take the matter seriously. Pretty understandable too since they are a niche game so keeping subs is important for them. I even remember another Dev or GM saying that they dont allow rookie ganking in rookie systems because they dont want new players to get scared off before they've even gotten a chance to make a decision about staying in the game.
I'm not really a noob...