How does parsed dps in dailies compare to parsed dps in operations

I've recently installed mox and have been working on gear / rotations to get ready for operations.

I've got a Commando dps with a couple of crafted Rakata and one Columi, so not very well geared yet.

During dailies I'm averaging about 900 dps on longer fights against elite / champions while soloing with the healer pet. How much lower is this likely to be in a real op?

I've recently installed mox and have been working on gear / rotations to get ready for operations.

I've got a Commando dps with a couple of crafted Rakata and one Columi, so not very well geared yet.

During dailies I'm averaging about 900 dps on longer fights against elite / champions while soloing with the healer pet. How much lower is this likely to be in a real op?

I don't know about that, but I'll tell you this: On my operations dummy on my ship I parse about 1600 dps. On HM Kephess I parsed about 1200. So take that with a grain of salt. Basically, downtime due to stop points and movement in fights is a big factor to hurting your dps. And, unfortunately there's a lot of stop times.

there's going to be relevant, but un-discussed factors such as familiarity with the fight, downtime during an encounter, long term buffs, short term buffs, mob debuffs, etc.

if you throw all that aside, your dps will likely be lower in an op, because the mobs you'll be fighting against will almost certainly be "tougher" with more armor. The fights will almost assuredly be longer, meaning you'll have to manage your heat better, instead of being able to unload everything in about 30-40 seconds like a daily. last but certainly not least, you're most likely going to have to move around more during an op compared to a daily.

here may even be phase transitions that will force you to lose your heat signature debuff, forcing you to restack it.

FWIW, my merc healer, using healing implants, ear piece, relics, weapons, with 5/5 dps columi armor, does 1150 dps (had a higher one, but this one is self buff only without stims, thought it'd be more relevant) on an operation dummy. you may wanna try your dps against a op dummy on fleet for comparison if you're curious.

anyways, that's the long way to go about answering your relatively simple question: "your dps will be lower in an op"

Edited by oredith

Last night against Malgus in HM False Emperor, mox showed about 700 dps for me. That fight in particular has a lot of downtime.

We wiped a few times, but I was able to wrangle my rotation a bit better and I popped my power relic as often as possible (tried to time it for procced Full Auto) and made it up to 750 for the fight. I was pretty much carried by the other dps who was a mix of Rakata/Culumi.

Need moar gears. :(