Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Sensitive: Black Ops / special "forces" class ??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Force Sensitive: Black Ops / special "forces" class ??

OlBuzzard
06.15.2020 , 11:50 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Soljin View Post
I'm not against a force sensitive class and I think this post is really well done as I said before. I don't like the proposed Archetype I prefer the idea of a hybrid type class that used blasters in combination with Force abilities and a new weapon style not previously used in SWToR which is why I mentioned the laser whip.

I just don't like the concept of a Force super soldier vs a more canon based Force Sensitive force wielder. When I say "watered Down" It is reference to the "enhanced reflexes" vs not using actual force abilities like push or force run not the entirety of the idea.

Just my thoughts I didn't realize only 100% positive feedback was allowed.
Ah .. I see the difference.
** Yes .. your feed back is definitely allowed .. and appreciated.
** We have to avoid the a hybrid type other wise what we have is a subclass of either a Jedi or Trooper / and their counter parts in the Empire.
** Also: the SIS and the Empires version are both well established in the SWTOR lore. While both have representatives in the stories neither are used as a class.
** IF we were to use either one as a class it would stand to reason that if we wanted the best possible scenario for this class it would be to make them FSNFU. That is of course: Force Sensitive Non Force User. This differentiates them from both Force Users ( namely Jedi and Sith) and or even special forces groups such as "Havoc Squad".
**Force sensitive does (but not strong in the force or a JK or Sith ) does tend to separate them. BUT when a degree of sensitivity is applied it does generate a character that has a skill class that can and will make them more suited for the assignment than even a trooper class (for example). It is that "separation" that makes them stronger not weaker. Only certain sith blinded with absolutes would tend to see such a person as incompetent or weak. The emperor .. and his collogues would see them as an opportunity to penetrate Alliance and Republic security and organizations to inflict maximum harm when the time calls for it.
** Not a sniper. No need to confuse them with that class either.

In deed .. a unique group of people.. for a unique task.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Monumenta
06.15.2020 , 03:54 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Soljin View Post
I'm not against a force sensitive class and I think this post is really well done as I said before. I don't like the proposed Archetype I prefer the idea of a hybrid type class that used blasters in combination with Force abilities and a new weapon style not previously used in SWToR which is why I mentioned the laser whip.

I just don't like the concept of a Force super soldier vs a more canon based Force Sensitive force wielder. When I say "watered Down" It is reference to the "enhanced reflexes" vs not using actual force abilities like push or force run not the entirety of the idea.

Just my thoughts I didn't realize only 100% positive feedback was allowed.
You think by asking you a couple questions about your post I somehow tried to limit yours or anyones feedback?

Weird

I agree anyway, some sort of republic super agent/ imperial super soldier and force sensitive/using non jedi/sith I think would both make great additions but should definitely be separate. I wouldnt mind this idea either.

OlBuzzard
07.11.2020 , 06:57 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Monumenta View Post
You think by asking you a couple questions about your post I somehow tried to limit yours or anyones feedback?

Weird

I agree anyway, some sort of republic super agent/ imperial super soldier and force sensitive/using non jedi/sith I think would both make great additions but should definitely be separate. I wouldnt mind this idea either.
IMO Any time we are dealing with the Star Wars saga there will always seem to be some element of the force.

If the guidelines we have suggested class were to be used it would have to be in such a way that the new character were not taken to be simply a super trooper or some other sub class special project.

Also: I just wondering as to how closely "tied" to each respective galactic power would they be? By that I mean:
*** Not ran by another General Garza type (Republic side). Totally demanding you "blindly follow orders". While that philosophy WOULD definitely work best for the Empire lore side IMO for the Republic someone like Theron would be totally the right person to run the Republic SIS Secret Service division.

*** Has secret ties to both the "underworld" (smugglers) as well as other special operatives (such as former Havoc Squad) and a host of "off the books" resources when needed. IMO . this works well for both the Empire (especially when "dark ops" are needed) as well as for the Republic (when stealth tactics) are needed.

Just a couple more thoughts.

Yeah .. I know. I'm still dreaming crazy stuff.

But that's OK everybody already knows that by now !!
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|