Revan & Boarding Party Hard Mode

We attempted Revan last night 5 times. We had myself (Jug Tank), Merc dps, Sorc Dps and a Sorc Heals. We all have nice gear. My jug has 20k hps.

After Revan did his force storm, I waited about 5 seconds and popped Invincible and Endure Pain and the sorc also bubbled me. I was able to take the first hit of force lightning and interupt it. We continued to dps and the next Force Lightning 1 shot me and then wiped the rest of the group.

It sure would be nice to atleast hear from a Dev on this guy. Is he working as intended? or is it a known bug they are just ignoring. Sure is great they are adding a new flashpoint next patch, but I'd personally rather see them fix the broken crap they have before adding new content.

Edited by Inasogard

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a BH tank, we just managed to kill Revan on HC mode :D. Still hard, but most certanly achievable.

We DPS'ed boss down to 36% then started stacking CD's. Energy Shield, Relic as well as our Warriors Blind and the large red shield from the sniper. Took about 40% of health off me , then it was a DPS race. Ok the healer was all that was left standing but he definately died although diddnt drop my boots!

I think the point people are making is that if you do not stack the groups with certain classes in revan's case, or bring only ranged dps in boarding party's case, you cannot feasibly kill them. I don't mind the difficulty, I mind that this is once again turning into a 'bring ranged dps or fail' scenario. Give us the ability to dodge the melee-only area of effects, or tell us when we create them that our spec will not be end-game viable.

Bioware is a joke not acknowledging this problem.

How about you guys actually give a **** once in a while and fix these serious matters?

You fix bugs in Eternity Vault but how are we supposed to reach Etenity Vault if we can't even do the entry flashpoints at 50 and get gear?

How long does it take to scale down Revan's Force Lightning damage and test it?

Bioware, you're a big joke.

Edited by Samvan

Bioware is a joke not acknowledging this problem.

How about you guys actually give a **** once in a while and fix these serious matters?

You fix bugs in Eternity Vault but how are we supposed to reach Etenity Vault if we can't even do the entry flashpoints at 50 and get gear?

How long does it take to scale down Revan's Force Lightning damage and test it?

Bioware, you're a big joke.

Eternity Vault normal is the same tier as hardmode flashpoints; you can hit 50 and do them (like I did).

We also did Boarding Party with 2 melee DPS. It's hard, but if you spread out enough and time cooldowns you'll be fine. Use the stair method and only run in after the security chief is dead to start on the commander.

We haven't tried Foundry yet for fear of wasting time; I'm really disheartened you "need" an assassin tank for a 4man instance. That kind of mechanic in a raid is one thing, in a 4man group it's just absurd.

Eternity Vault normal is the same tier as hardmode flashpoints; you can hit 50 and do them (like I did).

We also did Boarding Party with 2 melee DPS. It's hard, but if you spread out enough and time cooldowns you'll be fine. Use the stair method and only run in after the security chief is dead to start on the commander.

We haven't tried Foundry yet for fear of wasting time; I'm really disheartened you "need" an assassin tank for a 4man instance. That kind of mechanic in a raid is one thing, in a 4man group it's just absurd.

You don't need an assassin tank. We've killed it multiple times with a powertech. You don't need to be overgeared or lucky either; We'd be able to kill him reliably in one fight if it weren't for the immunity bug. Just pop 25% damage reduction (and ideally a Static Barrier from a sorc) and interrupt after the first tick.

That's Heroic Boarding Party.

I can say, it was nothing like that when I tried it. These guys are barely getting hit by Massey & the explosions. This makes me think it has been nerfed, but who knows. Maybe I just rolled with healers with less gear.

That guy's rotation was terrible - he spiked to 70 heat with vents on CD and had to spam rapid shots for like 15 seconds. If that's the kind of DPS that can easily handle this fight, then it can't possibly be as hard as people are making it out to be.

Have to see for myself when I can find 3 other people who finished it on normal.

While Revan does have the immunity bug the fight itself is just fine. Learn to interrupt and have your tank use mitigation cooldowns. No class stacking required.

Though I will say it's sad when legitimately challenging content is seen as "bugged" because bads can't faceroll it for free gear. I hope future hard mode flashpoints keep up this trend and keep the bads in their place.

While Revan does have the immunity bug the fight itself is just fine. Learn to interrupt and have your tank use mitigation cooldowns. No class stacking required.

Though I will say it's sad when legitimately challenging content is seen as "bugged" because bads can't faceroll it for free gear. I hope future hard mode flashpoints keep up this trend and keep the bads in their place.

I don't think anyone is expecting to be able to faceroll for free gear. As it is, however, it is assumed you will interrupt the ability before 2 ticks go off. Since one tick hits as soon as he starts casting and the ability ticks once per second, you have exactly one second from the first tick to interrupt the ability. This means seeing it, reacting, pressing the button, and the game recognizing the button press before the second tick. Assuming a conservative 100 ms ping and average human reaction time being 200-250 ms, you basically have a 650-700 ms window to push the button. So between a half and 3/4 of a second. That's a pretty slim margin to hit the right button or fail the fight. Not exactly a faceroll we're talking about.

I don't think anyone is expecting to be able to faceroll for free gear. As it is, however, it is assumed you will interrupt the ability before 2 ticks go off. Since one tick hits as soon as he starts casting and the ability ticks once per second, you have exactly one second from the first tick to interrupt the ability. This means seeing it, reacting, pressing the button, and the game recognizing the button press before the second tick. Assuming a conservative 100 ms ping and average human reaction time being 200-250 ms, you basically have a 650-700 ms window to push the button. So between a half and 3/4 of a second. That's a pretty slim margin to hit the right button or fail the fight. Not exactly a faceroll we're talking about.

It's hardly a "slim chance" if you're good at your job. Simple.

The Boarding Party is very doable. It's called hardmode for a reason. I like how Boarding Party is, your DPS should not slack, save defensive cooldowns on tank _IF_ you hit enrage on the healer.

If you encounter enrage you aren't geared enough for the last boss easy as that, it drops T2 gloves it should be hard. I'm all for tuning up The Battle of Ilum, False Emperor, Directive 7 and Black Talon as well since they are too easy.

Revan is bugged, deal with it the best way you can or roll Republic.

Beat revan last night on HM. Bit of a trick we did was say screw it and pop CD's and eat the force storm ability. Our tank a jugg was able to survive the lighting proc by about 8 seconds after force storm ended popping all his CD's. (It seems that it's roguhly 8-10 seconds after force storm that the lighting happens) He ate one tick we got an interupt off and burned like crazy. Worked for us hope it helps anyone else out.

Beat revan last night on HM. Bit of a trick we did was say screw it and pop CD's and eat the force storm ability. Our tank a jugg was able to survive the lighting proc by about 8 seconds after force storm ended popping all his CD's. (It seems that it's roguhly 8-10 seconds after force storm that the lighting happens) He ate one tick we got an interupt off and burned like crazy. Worked for us hope it helps anyone else out.

Hmm, we couldn't interrupt his lightning. May have been timing. But I still think an insta-kill is a little far. I'll have to try that again though when we all relax enough to bare through it.

Problem with us is he didn't stop FL, he kept going. After he one-shot me, he immediately looked at the next and kill them - so on and so forth.