Twi'lek Jedi

Kaosnova

I just started a Twi'lek Jedi and, once I got to the Twi'lek village, ended up thinking there was a bit of a short-falling with the storyline here. I suppose I can see why the villagers might have some animosity toward the Jedi as a whole, and thus treat your character as an outsider. Sure, why not. However, why should your character, being a Twi'lek, be thinking of THEM as 'aliens'. THAT doesn't make much sense.

Shouldn't there be racial specific conversation lines so you don't end up with weird options, like your character being able to call them 'stupid aliens' when they're the same species?

I just started a Twi'lek Jedi and, once I got to the Twi'lek village, ended up thinking there was a bit of a short-falling with the storyline here. I suppose I can see why the villagers might have some animosity toward the Jedi as a whole, and thus treat your character as an outsider. Sure, why not. However, why should your character, being a Twi'lek, be thinking of THEM as 'aliens'. THAT doesn't make much sense.

Shouldn't there be racial specific conversation lines so you don't end up with weird options, like your character being able to call them 'stupid aliens' when they're the same species?

I thought along the same lines, but you also have to consider that since you are often removed from your family at a very young age, you grow up in the Jedi culture and are alien to them.

Similar to having an American being brought to the Middle East to grow up and be educated, and then come back to the US. You will be seen as an outsider even though you are an American.

My personal favorite is when my Chiss Imperial Agent gets approched on Balmora to help cover up the murder of a Chiss delegate, so the Ascendancy doesn't find out about it.

My personal favorite is when my Chiss Imperial Agent gets approched on Balmora to help cover up the murder of a Chiss delegate, so the Ascendancy doesn't find out about it.

You're an Imperial Agent! You don't work for the Chiss Ascendency. Are you implying they should be investigating your connections with the Ascendency?

But seriously, you don't just team up because you're the same species. If they come from another world, they're "alien" to you.

Imagine you're an American citizen whose lineage is not native to the North American continent (highly likely). Do you owe (and by "owe" I mean "willingly give") more "allegiance" to the country you were born, have lived, and will probably die in, or the country your ancestors are from?

You're an Imperial Agent! You don't work for the Chiss Ascendency.

That was my basic reasoning behind accepting the mission. And the fact that the Empire and the Ascendancy would both be in more trouble without the other.

But your other analogy isn't quite accurate at least in this case. The Chiss are recent allies, not members of the Empire. No Chiss has grown up on an Imperial world, and they should (and would) still have their cultural and nationalistic leanings towards the Ascendancy, not the Empire as a whole.

Either way, if you're trying to keep something secret from the Chiss Ascendancy, why hire a Chiss to do it? Suppose I had been a bounty hunter instead of an Imperial Agent (it is an all-class quest, after all). Now, I have those same cultural and nationalistic leanings, but without the loyalty that comes with serving in Imperial Intelligence. There'd be a hypercom call to the Ascendancy 30 seconds after I broke orbit.

This one bothered me more than the Twi'lek issue earlier.

But I didn't expect them to cover every single base anyways, and its a minor thing.

As far as the Chiss quest is concerned, I remember there being a line to recover it in beta. Something like "I know you're angry we killed one of your people, but we really do still need to be allies". I think I actually said something to the effect of "Why do you expect me to work against my own people". Mind you, this was several months ago.

One of the drawbacks of a heavily story oriented game design is that little imperfect details and quirks such as the ones stated in this thread tend to slip through. It's like asking why Lord Zash can't decide whether to pronounce Darth Scotia as "Sko-sha" or "Sko-tee-ya."

Answer is because somewhere along the line in the process of building the game, something changed (in my specific example, direction from whomever was in charge of recording voiceovers as to proper pronunciation) and it becomes more expensive to fix than to just leave it in the game and hope it won't be game-breaking to anyone.