Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guardian: Which companion do you prefer?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Guardian: Which companion do you prefer?

Infinite_Zen
02.01.2012 , 12:51 PM | #11
Guardian (Defense 34/7/0) HM FP geared.

Once I got Doc I never used anyone else, unless I was forced to. With Doc I had zero downtime and the only time I died was when I made obvious mistakes, or didn't know what I was facing, so I wasn't as prepared as I should have been.

Now, when I am doing dailies solo (Ilum and Belsavis) I still just use Doc (who is also all purples and a couple blues) simply because it's still zero downtime and at my gear level things die pretty fast from my damage.

Sometimes I'll forget and have Kira or T7 out, since I am capping their affection I would take them out to get missions and forget to switch back. The main issue with my other companions is that they are so under-geared the AoE damage or if they attack a target I don't have threat on can kill them even though it barely scratches me. So with Kira I could kill a mob, be at 80% HP and she will be at 50% or less. If I have Doc he is at 100%, I am at 100% the fight may be taking a few seconds longer.

Galenskaparn
02.01.2012 , 01:20 PM | #12
Using lord Scourge because he can thunderpunch enemies which is awesome! :P

Cerion
02.07.2012 , 06:28 AM | #13
I prefer Kira at the moment. She looks awesome in the outfit I've put together for her. Also, I dinged a level whilst making sweet love to her (literally). What other companion (or MMO for that matter) allows you to do that? haha.

I'm also fond of t7, and I bring him along when I need some comedic relief. I find him funny. But he's currently running with older parts that need upgrading, so he's quite often disabled.

Doc is kind of an egotistical arse, so I've left him in the med bay to simmer.

I haven't got the the other known companions yet. But from the little rumors I've heard about them, I think their personalities will clash with my Jedi Knight's.

Antares_Durandal
02.07.2012 , 09:37 AM | #14
Definitely Doc. No doubt about it. He makes it soooo much easier. I've only died like once or twice since I got him and only in really tough situations.

Cybermeister
02.07.2012 , 12:42 PM | #15
As a defensive guardian tank what I'd prefer is Kira... or Rusk just for a change. What I end up using 95% of the time is Doc, because I know that (unless I really screw up) I'm safe solo-tanking any group outside a Heroic.

Chunkie
02.07.2012 , 02:00 PM | #16
I never used Doc, i like to kill things fast and there's nothing in the game aside from even con Champions that really require a healer.

I usually go with Kira or Rusk.