Access Denied

AceMasterSoul

I love decorating my Guild's Flagship. However I have to leave some room's virtually empty in order to decorate everything. I've seen threads asking for an increase in Flagship decor allotment. I agree with that, though I have a suggestion that might be just as useful.

I think it would be cool if we can determine which rooms of the ship can be accessed by guild members. Most of the doors on the ship need to be unlocked with Frameworks and Credits. My suggestion is this: when a room is unlocked create a toggle option for restricted or unrestricted access. The restricted access could be determined by guild member rank, maybe even a pin, and the door would stay closed unless the player had access. This can bring a few benefits

1.) It would allow players to create non-visible empty rooms to free up decorating space.

2.) Increase guild rank significance.

3.) Increase RP element

Edited by AceMasterSoul

I think it would be cool if we can determine which rooms of the ship can be accessed by guild members. Most of the doors on the ship need to be unlocked with Frameworks and Credits. My suggestion is this: when a room is unlocked create a toggle option for restricted or unrestricted access. The restricted access could be determined by guild member rank, maybe even a pin, and the door would stay closed unless the player had access. This can bring a few benefits

If you want to implement that, then you can not demand/require guildies to donate their flagship plans. They are in a sense paying to help you expand your ship, then you go & lock them out of it. Heck no. lol

If that was implemented, per say a tick clicked in the guild tab by the GM, then it would bring up a feature that would pay the player when they donated a plan.

So say they place the plan in the specified area for plans, it pops up a window in which they gain, 400k-600k per plan.

There would be no way I would donate my plans to a guild; helping them expand our ship only to get locked out of rooms once they're open due to my rank not being high enough, etc...

It's honestly a bad idea all around as it's setting it up for way more drama than needed.

If you want to implement that, then you can not demand/require guildies to donate their flagship plans. They are in a sense paying to help you expand your ship, then you go & lock them out of it. Heck no. lol

I

To be honest, I wouldn't join a guild that demanded FS plans. No one has the right to demand them.

I'm in plenty of guilds, and have donated them, I've no problem doing that. And have been offered money in return in some. I've even done commander runs with guilds, and they ask if people could donate, but never demand, and didn't punish anyone who didn't hand them up, it was always voluntary.

As for locking people out of the rooms, it would depend on why, rp reasons, etc.

If a GM really wanted to lock people out, he could just block it off with a ship wall, the remove it when he needed to enter.

Most large guilds are already 15/15, and any guild that mandates plan donation is probably not one worth joining.

If that was implemented, per say a tick clicked in the guild tab by the GM, then it would bring up a feature that would pay the player when they donated a plan.

So say they place the plan in the specified area for plans, it pops up a window in which they gain, 400k-600k per plan.

What?

There would be no way I would donate my plans to a guild; helping them expand our ship only to get locked out of rooms once they're open due to my rank not being high enough, etc...

It's honestly a bad idea all around as it's setting it up for way more drama than needed.

No good guild would use this in any way that would cause drama; any bad guild that would is already going to find a thousand ways to cause drama so it wouldn't matter.

"Why should our guild have any rank permissions if there will be drama over ranks?"

"We shouldn't allow guild members to restrict access to guild bank withdrawals because that might impart favoritism."

I’ve never demanded flagship plans, nor have I ever had to use them.

To be honest, I wouldn't join a guild that demanded FS plans. No one has the right to demand them.

If a GM really wanted to lock people out, he could just block it off with a ship wall, the remove it when he needed to enter.

1. Exactly. Neither would I. But there is a guild on SS that does demand the plans.

2. That's actually a good idea. Just wall it up. lol

I’ve never demanded flagship plans, nor have I ever had to use them.

You maybe not, but implementing that would cause issues with the guilds that do demand it or request you donate them.

And to the other poster who started strawman arguments, not even going there. :rolleyes:

You maybe not, but implementing that would cause issues with the guilds that do demand it or request you donate them.

And to the other poster who started strawman arguments, not even going there. :rolleyes:

I don't really see an issue and this is why:

1. If a guild truly demanded Flagship plans they can kick players out if they aren't give them

2. I can and have already blocked off areas of my ship with walls (I don't like this because it takes 3 decor allotments, and looks ugly)

3. you can't even get the Flagship plan without being apart of a guild that hits it's conquest goal

4. In order for a guild to thrive people have to join/enjoy being apart of it. if they are D**** then they won't survive

5. it would be a toggle option. Not all guild would have to use it

Edited by AceMasterSoul

I was not strawmanning you.

I applied your same logic to other guild features to show that it doesn't make any sense.

You seemingly have no issue with guild masters being able to restrict access to guild banks, yet, arguably, guild bank access could be used as a much better means of compelling player behavior and donations.

Edited by jedimasterjac

1. Exactly. Neither would I. But there is a guild on SS that does demand the plans.

2. That's actually a good idea. Just wall it up. lol

1 I don't understand people who stay in a guild like that :/

2. Have done it on a few guild ships, one in particular, was to tun it in to a cave like place , well as best you can with a flag ship. Also used it on a guild that didn't have it the FS fully unlocked, so blocked of the lifts, and just pretended the ship was just what we had...lol