Is the crafting system broken right now?

Deathztalker

EDIT (replaced original post):

This has happened before, but no cause or resolution was ever proffered because it was nigh impossible to reproduce. What I can tell you is that I - as recently as yesterday - REed all the grade 10 component types and got slot kit components.

When this happened before, CS claimed it was a "feature"; that augmentation slot kit components are not a guaranteed result of RE (but the patch notes from when they were introduced says it is guaranteed).

Back then, I tested several theories none worked out.

My technique to acquire augmentation slot kit components is to take 50 components and RE them all at the same time, and I have never had a problem. So my advice to you is to do the same:

1. segregate a stack of 50 components and put them into your inventory
  2. click the RE button
  3. click the stack of components
  4. select all 50 in the split stack pop up

Edited by psandak

I do not know about that specific item. I do know that...

If you are looking for augmentation slot kit components you should not be crafting anything but "components" (Arms/Armor/Cyber Assembly components, Cell Grafts, Synth/Artifice Bonded attachments) They cost 2 of each gathering material to make and you can RE them for Augmentation slot kit components all day long.

Um. He *IS* crafting the assembly components and then REing them. What he's saying is that they aren't giving him the appropriate slot component.

Um. He *IS* crafting the assembly components and then REing them. What he's saying is that they aren't giving him the appropriate slot component.

You are right, brain fart. Never seen the full name of the component posted so I assumed the OP was crafting something else to RE.

I have rewritten my first post accordingly.

Hi,

This wierd bug seems to pop up every now and again.

A workaround that seems to be effective for the few paople this has affected, is to split your stacks of components down into smaller stacks, say 40 or 50, rather than processing a big 100+ stack.

Hope that's some help

:)