Why do so many players think sentinel is underpowered?

-Arcane-

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it because sentinel has a harder learning curve than the average player can handle they feel the need to come and complain on the forums?

Why do so many people on here have to be tools and act like they are so much better than everyone else all the time?

It's human nature.

The class is hard to play relative to other classes that, at least seemingly, have a 2 or 3 button path to max damage). This situation is going to lead to complaints.

Everyone needs to remember that this game is hardly over a month old. Every class in the game is going to be subject to tweaking over the next year, us included.

arcane is a complete troll guys he comes to these forums to try to be a ****** and think hes all that on a sentinal i could sit here and brag that im in top 1-2 dps EVERY wz and i do 350k-600k every wz as st in watchmen spec but i never once mentioned that in my thread and arcane comes and tries to say focus is the best spec and i had nothing against focus besides that if your a sentinal focus reroll a guardian becuase they do more dmg in it and take less.... then he continues on to tell me im wrong

because they are, because they only scale well with gear whereas other classes can destroy you in no gear. because in a team warzone, you get stunned, cc`d, slowed, or focused and destroyed and, if you`re lucky you might be able to stick to your target for a good 2 seconds. I find it hilarous how many knockbacks and various forums of cc are in this game to make playing a melee ridiculusly difficult, not to mention most people see a melee class on a teammate and go ASAP to get them off.

just because the sent/mara people who have good gear and play well has infected these forums with their elitism and "nothin`s wrong ur bad" attitude, doesn`t change the fact the class has some ridiculous flaws, ESPECIALLY for newer 50s who don`t have the benefit of gear and, due to RNG, might just quit before they have any.

Edited by babiegirlla

I am a powertech user.

I have 550 expertise, rank 59 pvp.

I am a good player, not a medium one. I am good.

I can face 1vs1 EVERY single class in this game, and i win 100% of times. Always.

Ok i think powertech are OP (pyro ones), and perhaps need a rebalance, but.

When i meet a good SENTINEL/MARAUDER player with a good equip its almost a certain death to me.

There is nothing i can do. They outdamage me, also if i dual stun em.

I am pretty sure that if u know what to do with this class you are the KING of PVP!!

To understand better how they work i started a marauder (lev 20) and i can tell you for sure that in pvp it's absolutely amazing!

I play with g13 and can make some nasty combos that allows me to use every insta-ability instantly.

At lev 20 i am always top damage in warzones (unbelievable).

Dont mess with this class.

Learn to play it right! It's amazing.

Btw if u r a clicker then change class...or even game :)

I love this.

I can face 1vs1 EVERY single class in this game, and i win 100% of times. Always.

Then you go on to say this :p

When i meet a good SENTINEL/MARAUDER player with a good equip its almost a certain death to me.

lol

This is the fact.

Marauder/sentinels are the best 1vs1 class in the game, if played correctly.

And when i write that i win 100% of the times i also add that i am waiting for a PT nerfbat.

That 100% doesn't include the dual wielder classes (as u could imagine by yourself).

Sorry...need to know that stupids are everywhere.

:)

I don't understand, this one makes no sense.

And why smile? Are you proud of that sentence? Was that an attempt at an insult, insinuating that we are all stupid?

Or were you simply stating that you apologise to these forums for your incessant need to know that there are stupid people in all walks of life?

;)

Edited by Ramaos

And no, I don't agree. I don't think PT or VG will be hit with any nerf bat. I play VG and do not think we are OP.

I think that if you play with 15+ keybinds on your Razer Naga, you will have full access to all the utility that the class brings.

I think that if you limit yourself to only using abilities that are in reach of your fingers and thumbs and don't get the right peripherals for gaming, your are nerfing yourself.

I only have Sentinel at level 11 so I will not comment on if it is great or crud. I will say that so far I enjoy it and I'm already making shift+keybinds to smooth out gameplay. This is something I do with every class I play.

Edited by Ramaos

Lol.

I play with logitech G13. Pletora of macroes for me :)

15 keybinds?

For the first 15 levs. perhaps.

And if your char is not OP.

1- PT r by far superior to vanguards

2- You don't play it well enough.

or..

3- Wrong build.

and..

Lol.

I play with logitech G13. Pletora of macroes for me :)

15 keybinds?

For the first 15 levs. perhaps.

And if your char is not OP.

1- PT r by far superior to vanguards

or..

3- Wrong build.

and..

1 - I said 15+

2 - Yes IMO it's not OP, but I have fun. Does this mean that if you enjoy a class it's OP?

3 - :p;)

4 - Profit

Edited by Ramaos

Have you paused to think that it may be YOU that is OP and that this problem will stay with you no matter what class you play?

Then you will come to the forums systematically calling for nerfs to every class that you grace with your God like grasp of computer games?

Sentinels are definitely the best 1v1 class in the game, if only because of their awesome (and long cd) defensive abilities.

They also have something no other class has - a healing debuff. Its usefulness only really shines in premades, however.

Nono....its op when my thermal detonator boom for 3.8k at the same instant i land a railshot of 4.0k and a flameburst of 1400 + 800 of fire proc.

This :)

This is a lucky chain of crits and procs. Hardly OP and TBH against Battle Master geared 20/21k HP Sorc most of that will be eaten by their shield.

Im almost a mirror to spugo.

50 vanguard, full assault (pyro), lvl 59 valor. I absolutely **** complete face and yes i expect the class to be nerfed also. The ONLY class I have trouble with in 1v1 is maurauders, which is why I now have a 25 sentinel. With battle focus on a 2 min CD and a 40% base tech crit rate, huge criticals/strings are not uncommon, and my sustained DPS is surely no slouch. I also have sweet cc abilities, guard, and range.

I know lvl 25 and lvl 50/600 expertise is not a real valid comparison, but so far sentinel feels mighty strong even without a lot of my core pvp abilities. I see a lot of complaints but I think they are mostly unfounded. The playstyle is much different, and its simply harder to play than a VG, but I dont think its "woefully inadequate" as many people claim.

We will see in the future I suppose. Like I said pvp at 50 is a whole different world.

Anser to the OP:

The players who think Sent is underpowered are looking at the onyl source of measurable DPS output (i.e. scoreboards from warzones) and are Combat spec'd.

Combat has some huge upsides, but dealing damage is not one of them.

Add that with the fact that Sents are PURE DPS and not a hybrid class unlike all but 1 other (gunslinger) in the whole game. And situationally Sents are very weak.

It's not Sentinel. It's Combat Sents.

But until we have relaible data, i.e. combat logs, we'll never know for sure and we'll never have proof even when we do feel certain.

Edited by thanealpha