PVP Gear worth nothing

justinparneteau

Anyone else get the feeling after you put all the time into getting your gear and modding it the way you want it that its a waste of time becuase they just lower the prices after a couple of weeks for example i was in full BM gear when i left for about 1 month only to come back and find out that everyone is in WH gear now i need to grind again to get the WH gear but i feel when i am done grinding they will just make the EWH gear free basically? let me know what you think.

Right now yes after makeb no. I have 2 toons at lvl 49 that i will not level till 2.0 because its worthless. The bolster system should make everyone from 30-54 on par with eachother. Now as for the lvl 55 gear, i will grind it out and get it. What alot of people forget is this is an MMO which is code for a wast of time. Stop thinking of it like a competetive sport or a job where once you are at the top you csn just rake in money/ trophies till you retire... All MMOs are progressive and a neverending climb to the top. Thats how they make money

Anyone else get the feeling after you put all the time into getting your gear and modding it the way you want it that its a waste of time becuase they just lower the prices after a couple of weeks for example i was in full BM gear when i left for about 1 month only to come back and find out that everyone is in WH gear now i need to grind again to get the WH gear but i feel when i am done grinding they will just make the EWH gear free basically? let me know what you think.

Thats one long sentence.

Right now yes after makeb no. I have 2 toons at lvl 49 that i will not level till 2.0 because its worthless. The bolster system should make everyone from 30-54 on par with eachother. Now as for the lvl 55 gear, i will grind it out and get it. What alot of people forget is this is an MMO which is code for a wast of time. Stop thinking of it like a competetive sport or a job where once you are at the top you csn just rake in money/ trophies till you retire... All MMOs are progressive and a neverending climb to the top. Thats how they make money

The OP is talking about the feeling that 2.0 will make pvp gear feel obsolete - a point which i kinda have to agree with. That being said, i know there have been issues with Bolster on the testserver and i have admittingly not had the chance to try it myself (Was in queue for an hour or so before giving up).

However. IF the new bolster makes everyone on par no matter what gear you run with -doesn't that effectively kill any and all progression for our characters? Even if Makeb dishes out new toplevel gear there would be no progression at all between the levels 50-54? And between 10-49 the only progression would be levels and the skills attached?

Also - is there no Bolster effect at all once you hit level 55 Warzones? -Someone hinted in another thread that bolster will not only boost those undergeared, but also reduce those above the "Bolster" stats. If that is true for all levels of Warzones, then wont progession die with 2.0? -I certinatly have a hard time seeing where that evergoing "Climb to the top" is then...

Can anyone confirm that:

- There is No Bolster at level 55 Warzones

-There is no negative bolster effect for those above Bolster stats in level 55 Warzones

-There is a negative bolster effect for those above Bolster stats in level 10-54 Warzones

Can anyone confirm that:

- There is No Bolster at level 55 Warzones

-There is no negative bolster effect for those above Bolster stats in level 55 Warzones

-There is a negative bolster effect for those above Bolster stats in level 10-54 Warzones

There is Bolster at 55. But it doesn't make sub-par gear equal the best. It only makes it less like arriving for a joust while wearing a colander on your head. It magically turns your colander into a servicable helmet, but not the finely-crafted prize you get for winning the tournament.

There are no negative bolster effects. They aren't logically necessary.

Edited by Wainamoinen

i agree and dont like that system also... there might be one gear forever in pvp, bioware might invest time to develope new maps, new matchmaking system, xserver, eliminate cheaters.... to bring more fun instead stupid grind ...

PVP is over in this game. I just had enough when I heard that there will be bolster on 55 lvl. It is borderline retarded. I play only pvp and this was the drop that spilled the glass.

PVP was never much in this game without guild wars , possibility of dueling on fleet or any other form of competitive content between players. As a PVP player you log on , click que and thats about it.

I unsubed yesterday. Hasta la vista.

PVP is over in this game. I just had enough when I heard that there will be bolster on 55 lvl. It is borderline retarded. I play only pvp and this was the drop that spilled the glass.

PVP was never much in this game without guild wars , possibility of dueling on fleet or any other form of competitive content between players. As a PVP player you log on , click que and thats about it.

I unsubed yesterday. Hasta la vista.

Can I have your stuff?

I hope there isn't bolster in ranked because I don't think you should play there until you are ready to stand on your own and prove your metal.

That said, I am fortunate to be on a server that has PvP outside of warzones. It will be reason enough for me to work on my gear. Not to mention that you still do better in warzones with better gear, there is just supposed to be less of a gap.

On the other end of the spectrum, I have a my first toon that is not much better geared than recruit because I didn't start PvPing on him until the 40s in level. Other toons I have, have more BM gear which is now obsolete. I will be more inclined to turn and start working on them again in 2.0. I also have other toons that I have been leveling and I intended to hold their comms rather than buy armor as soon as I hit 50 like I did the other toons that have BM, until I am ready to use them on some level 50 PvP just due to the fact of what I buy now might become obsolete before that point.

TLDR: I have toons in a ton of different situations as far as gear and I actually find them all benefiting in some way or the other come 2.0.

There is Bolster at 55. But it doesn't make sub-par gear equal the best. It only makes it less like arriving for a joust while wearing a colander on your head. It magically turns your colander into a servicable helmet, but not the finely-crafted prize you get for winning the tournament.

There are no negative bolster effects. They aren't logically necessary.

Pretty much this. Bolster helps, but it is not in any way optimized. A min maxed conqueror set is far more effective than pve gear plus bolster, ewh plus bolster, or naked plus bolster. The funny thing is, naked plus bolster is probably the most effective option until you are in at least min maxed partisan gear.

Anyone else get the feeling after you put all the time into getting your gear and modding it the way you want it that its a waste of time becuase they just lower the prices after a couple of weeks for example i was in full BM gear when i left for about 1 month only to come back and find out that everyone is in WH gear now i need to grind again to get the WH gear but i feel when i am done grinding they will just make the EWH gear free basically?

That's the nature of MMO gear progression mang. It's not just a PvP Gear thing, PvE gear becomes obsolete over time too.

On a more somber note, if you think your PvP gear is worthless now, just wait until 2.0 with the new Bolster system where most PvE hits/barrels/mods will be BIS thanks to the backazzwards bolster buff mechanics. Right now on the PTS your toon actually has better stats and more expertise without wearing any gear in WZs...

lulz

Pretty much this. Bolster helps, but it is not in any way optimized. A min maxed conqueror set is far more effective than pve gear plus bolster, ewh plus bolster, or naked plus bolster. The funny thing is, naked plus bolster is probably the most effective option until you are in at least min maxed partisan gear.

It's not even close with PvE gear. I really don't think we havent seen the final iteration of bolster, though. Some of it works, some of it not so much currently.

. Right now on the PTS your toon actually has better stats and more expertise without wearing any gear in WZs...

lulz

I keep hearing this from multiple sources....

Of course, these multiple sources keep pointing to the same thread.

At any rate; from what I gather, it sounds like bolster is over bolstering the worse off you are as you report about being naked, while others report a far more modest and inferior number if you are wearing BIS PvE gear. This has to be a bug to iron out yet if that's the case.