Biochem consumables not worth making.

MDONINESIX

I really want to make these for my Ops group and guild, however they are simply not cost and time effective to make.

Example. One two-hour stim takes 4 blue resources from diplomacy missions, 14 green resources from gathering and one reagent from the crafting vendor. You use this once, and it gives a temporary boost of 104 to your primary stat and 43 to a secondary stat. It lasts exactly two hours and then is gone.

By comparison, a level 49 implant I can make with 59 Endurance, 50 Primary Stat and a total of 94 Secondary Stats, possibly an augment slot, costs 2 blue diplomacy mission resources, 8 green gathering resources and a vendor reagent. About half of what it takes to make a stim, and it is not consumed on use, lasts until you get an upgrade.

The latter sells on my server for about 15k credits, so by time and materials, a stim would really be worth about 30k but will never sell for that. Not that I would sell them, I barely have enough time to gather the resources and run the missions to make a few for friends.

Four hours of farming and 50k worth of missions did not even yield enough for my whole ops group to have enough to last one 4-hour ops session. It takes about 60 mission resources and 200 gathered resources just to make 2 stims per person not including myself, and you have to be lucky enough to get the gathered mats in the right ratio, which you never do. Realistically you end up having to farm about 300 resources.

I genuinely feel that a material cost of about 1-2 blue mission resources, 4-5 green gathering resources and a vendor reagent is realistic for the benefit the stims provide. As it is, they are just not viable to produce regularly. Not even close to realistic if you would like to outfit your group with some adrenals and medpacs too.

No, these are not mandatory, but it really is like going into an op with a piece of gear unequipped without them, and many at guild leadership levels expect these to be used.

I know there are many more problems that need to get attention in the game, and I to would like to see alot of fixes, but I hope this is something that can be looked at and get attention if warranted.

Edited by MDONINESIX

I really want to make these for my Ops group and guild, however they are simply not cost and time effective to make.

Example. One two-hour stim takes 4 blue resources from diplomacy missions, 14 green resources from gathering and one reagent from the crafting vendor. You use this once, and it gives a temporary boost of 104 to your primary stat and 43 to a secondary stat. It lasts exactly two hours and then is gone.

By comparison, a level 49 implant I can make with 59 Endurance, 50 Primary Stat and a total of 94 Secondary Stats, possibly an augment slot, costs 2 blue diplomacy mission resources, 8 green gathering resources and a vendor reagent. About half of what it takes to make a stim, and it is not consumed on use, lasts until you get an upgrade.

The latter sells on my server for about 15k credits, so by time and materials, a stim would really be worth about 30k but will never sell for that. Not that I would sell them, I barely have enough time to gather the resources and run the missions to make a few for friends.

Four hours of farming and 50k worth of missions did not even yield enough for my whole ops group to have enough to last one 4-hour ops session.

I genuinely feel that a material cost of about 1-2 blue mission resources, 4-5 green gathering resources and a vendor reagent is realistic for the benefit the stims provide. As it is, they are just not viable to produce regularly. Not even close to realistic if you would like to outfit your group with some adrenals and medpacs too.

No, these are not mandatory, but it really is like going into an op with a piece of gear unequipped without them, and many at guild leadership levels expect these to be used.

I know there are many more problems that need to get attention in the game, and I to would like to see alot of fixes, but I hope this is something that can be looked at and get attention if warranted.

Ahahahaha nice troll.

Flasks were fairly rediculous in WoW too, especially when they took a rare spawn item to create (The Great Frost Lotus Shortage anyone?).

But, in the end people will want them for progression, so what do you do when things take a lot of hard to find mats? raise the price. I have seen the prices skyrocket for these and they still sell.

Remember a person will only buy 1 epic earpiece (maybe 2 for offspec), but they will buy 1 stem for every hour they raid.

The problem here is that you were trying to farm the mats for your whole Ops group by yourself.

Instead they should be acquiring their own mats and then having you make it for them. For them to expect you to farm all the mats for their use is pretty unfair.

People still haven't realised that crafting overall is COMPLETELY uselesss.

Everyone should just roll biochem to get their own stims and on-use flasks, any other crew skill is not even close to being that good hence making them *********** awful.

Or... You can make the rakata stims.

They last an infinite amount of uses.

They give more than the normal stims

AND they only cost 16 green mats, and 1 hard mode/raid drop which are extremely common.

Basically have all your guildies drop their professions and get biochem. It's the only viable profession.

The problem here is that you were trying to farm the mats for your whole Ops group by yourself.

Instead they should be acquiring their own mats and then having you make it for them. For them to expect you to farm all the mats for their use is pretty unfair.

Yes. You're nice to do that but it isn't your responsibility to go broke for the guild. They can buy mats off the GTN if they want the buff.

True. But, perhaps it is my server, these mats are simply not availble on the GTN. At all.

So someone with biochem has to farm them, and nobody else seems interested in jumping on the biochem bandwagon.

Or... You can make the rakata stims.

They last an infinite amount of uses.

They give more than the normal stims

AND they only cost 16 green mats, and 1 hard mode/raid drop which are extremely common.

Basically have all your guildies drop their professions and get biochem. It's the only viable profession.

Come convince them of this for me why don't you.

True. But, perhaps it is my server, these mats are simply not availble on the GTN. At all.

So someone with biochem has to farm them, and nobody else seems interested in jumping on the biochem bandwagon.

Make it mandatory for your guild. Any guild that's serious about progression should require all of its raiders to be biochem.

Flasks were fairly rediculous in WoW too, especially when they took a rare spawn item to create (The Great Frost Lotus Shortage anyone?).

But, in the end people will want them for progression, so what do you do when things take a lot of hard to find mats? raise the price. I have seen the prices skyrocket for these and they still sell.

Remember a person will only buy 1 epic earpiece (maybe 2 for offspec), but they will buy 1 stem for every hour they raid.

remember the distilled wisdom recipe farm? horrendous

Explain to me why you wouldn't R.E. the blue stims and make reusable stims? Are 340 diplomacy missions really that expensive on your server?

Last I checked, only Rakata stims are BoP. All the other reusables stims can be sold on the GTN.

Edited by Sunleth

Explain to me why you wouldn't R.E. the blue stims and make reusable stims? Are 340 diplomacy missions really that expensive on your server?

Because you cannot trade the reusable ones to the ppl who dont get that biochem is the only way to go.

And we should all be leatherworkers for drums of battle too.

Wow tried to equalize the professions so all of them gave around the same boost, however in SWTOR the ONLY viable profession is biochem. If they are no biochem they are gimping themselves and are not serious about raiding.

Wow tried to equalize the professions so all of them gave around the same boost, however in SWTOR the ONLY viable profession is biochem. If they are no biochem they are gimping themselves and are not serious about raiding.

I agree. But this is just a bad solution to the problem.. Make biochem consumables reasonable to make, and ppl can be whatever stupid unviable skill they want to.

Yes. You're nice to do that but it isn't your responsibility to go broke for the guild. They can buy mats off the GTN if they want the buff.

No we cannot, TGN does not have any mats needed for the steams. Not even at 10k per unit. And if I need to farm my own mats, then I might as well pick up Biochem.

I agree. But this is just a bad solution to the problem.. Make biochem consumables reasonable to make, and ppl can be whatever stupid unviable skill they want to.

No because the Rakata stims/medpack/adrenals are still better than the non biochem alternatives.

No we cannot, TGN does not have any mats needed for the steams. Not even at 10k per unit. And if I need to farm my own mats, then I might as well pick up Biochem.

Same... there are litterally ZERO of the required mats on my GTN and diplomacy/biochem missions are 30-50k each.