Buff Sniper

VdFExarKun

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And remove UR/stealth from maras and ED/saber reflect from juggs. :rolleyes: Agree! :D

UR is worthless now anyways so whatever (force barriers new mechanics makes old UR look like a terrible DCD). ED should have never gotten that buff. The only change it needed was to be a flat rate defense buff with a low CD around 45s. Saber reflect and force camo are perfectly fine.

Edited by Raansu

UR is worthless now anyways so whatever (force barriers new mechanics makes old UR look like a terrible DCD). ED should have never gotten that buff. The only change it needed was to be a flat rate defense buff with a low CD around 45s. Saber reflect and force camo are perfectly fine.

Not after you remove leap protection. You know, operatives/shadows/powertechs cant jump on sniper too. And snipers have only 4000-5000hp probe, evasion and roll. :)

That would only further reduce snipers mediocre survivability in ranked. They are not going to do that.

If you're referring to solo ranked, who gives a ****. Half the classes in the game cant perform in solo ranked, nor should they because solo ranked shouldn't even exist. In team ranked though? They are incredibly viable.

Hard to say, Snipers are designed to be quite polarized in their usefulness. They seem to be prone to be useless in some situations, and godly in others.

Where the specs may be lacking is too many useless situations and not enough useful, idk. I don't intend to make a sniper anytime soon, hand enough trouble using a merc, too boring.

Not after you remove leap protection. You know, operatives/shadows/powertechs cant jump on sniper too. And snipers have only 4000-5000hp probe, evasion and roll. :)

Sniper/Gunslinger have a knock back, can spec for a second knock back, have evasion and a roll. I agree that Sniper/Gunslinger shouldn't have leap/pull protection while under cover only. Entrench should provide the leap/pull protection.

If you're referring to solo ranked, who gives a ****. Half the classes in the game cant perform in solo ranked, nor should they because solo ranked shouldn't even exist. In team ranked though? They are incredibly viable.

No, they aren't. They are the most underrepresented class in group ranked. They can be used if played right, but an equally skilled team with a better comp will always beat a team with a sniper in it.

No, they aren't. They are the most underrepresented class in group ranked. They can be used if played right, but an equally skilled team with a better comp will always beat a team with a sniper in it.

There is a sniper on my server whos team is currently beating the top season 2 team consecutively on our server right now, including beating the current fotm double madness assassin comp. In season 1 one of the top teams on the server ran a MM sniper and did perfectly fine with it. There were several high rated snipers in season 2 as well both in team and in solo.

The class struggles in solo, but many classes struggle in solo because solo never optimizes the group around how the game is supposed to be balanced. In team ranked they are very viable. They always have been. Just because you might be terrible at it doesnt mean the class is not good atm for team ranked.

I've seen people play it in group ranked. It's definitely viable.

I honestly originally thought it wasn't until I actually saw it in action. It is very good at hard switching and can be used to tank tunnel as well.

Solo ranked is where it suffers due to the fact that it gets attacked first. But then again, solo ranked itself is a failed experiment and we would be better off without it.

There is a sniper on my server whos team is currently beating the top season 2 team consecutively on our server right now, including beating the current fotm double madness assassin comp. In season 1 one of the top teams on the server ran a MM sniper and did perfectly fine with it. There were several high rated snipers in season 2 as well both in team and in solo.

Marksmen hard counters every melee class in the game outside of Concealment, and even then its a toss-up. Which is why HM is having success against the double madness comp.

Solo ranked is where it suffers due to the fact that it gets attacked first. But then again, solo ranked itself is a failed experiment and we would be better off without it.

Marksmen and Lethality have no place in Solo Ranked. However, if a Sniper understands how to play Engineering efficiently, that Sniper can lay down enough damage, kite the enemy team, and punish any targets that continuously tunnel him.

P.S. - Buff snipers

Edited by ekolan

That would only further reduce snipers mediocre survivability in ranked. They are not going to do that.

how different is that from any ranged? I've only played solo rated, so I'd welcome the grp perspective. but in rated, I notice 1) a lot of sins + juggs, both of which are very difficult to control and wreck havoc on all ranged. 2) sorcs, snipers and mercs are fairly easy kills. I'd say sorcs are actually easiest, but I'm on a merc atm, so net is pretty lethal. PTs don't seem to like it very much either.

the only classes I've seen with anything above mediocre survivability (unguarded) in rated are...

• a good op heal
  • a full tank (any spec, but I don't recall seeing any sins)
  • jugg dps

so...yeah. the op healer, which everyone knows is the best healer and has been forever...and the juggs with reflect and then ED that either forces you to stop hitting them for a time or kill them twice over...and tanks, who you'd expect to mitigate and survive a lot of dmg.