Bounty Hunter Tracer Missle/Heat seeker

Xelus

Since the latest patch that was to fix Bounty Hunter heat seekers multiplying with other bounty hunters heat signatures, Heat Seeker also ignores our own tracer missile stacks. I've tested this extensively and talked to the other Bounty Hunter mercs in my guild and they are all experiencing the same thing. without considering my critical rating and just taking into account of the 5 heat signatures heat seeker should be doing around 5697 now I'm lucky if it tops 2k and most of the time my tracer does more damage than my heat seeker missiles. Edited by Xelus
spelling

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the latest patch that was to fix Bounty Hunter heat seekers multiplying with other bounty hunters heat signatures, Heat Seeker also ignores our own tracer missile stacks. I've tested this extensively and talked to the other Bounty Hunter mercs in my guild and they are all experiencing the same thing. without considering my critical rating and just taking into account of the 5 heat signatures heat seeker should be doing around 5697 now I'm lucky if it tops 2k and most of the time my tracer does more damage than my heat seeker missiles.

I agree, Bioware needs to fix this.

I'm going to have to test this out on my dummy, but I will say that I was getting 5k crits in Nightmare mode KP last night with my HSM, so it may be a different issue......or I am not noticing it. I hope you're wrong but if you are right about this I'm sure BW will notice (or we will make them notice) and a fix will be in place.

the math isn't adding up OP...there's gotta be more going on then that.

tooltip says it adds 5% damage per stack of HS. total max bonus in that case is 25%. if you went from 5k to 2k, you lost allot more then 25%....5k is 250% more then 2k

....just sayin man...looks like you need to look at more then that. perhaps you were actually counting teh bonus damage from all the other debuffs (the ones that bio said it was unfairly benefiting from).

Yep, major screwup... though devs are stating it's now functioning as intended, so we may never see a fix.

So basicly now Heat Seeker is yet another useless skill that Bounty Hunters have?

i went from 5k cits to 4k crits and those arent consistent, most of the time its hitting for around 2k. i said **** it and rolled pyro and when my mara is finished i probably wont use my bh again. bw just ruined the entire merc ac, gj

Its right there in the dev tracker, not like its hard to find

The "working as intended" thing people are responding to in the Dev Tracker is a reference to what the latest patch is supposed to have fixed (Tracer Missile debuff stacking from multiple sources) - there's nothing in response to the reports that HSM doesn't appear to be getting any benefit from the caster's own debuff stacks AFTER the patch.

I really wish people would stop spreading misinformation.

Its right there in the dev tracker, not like its hard to find

I hate how stealthy this nerf is. It's like bioware nerfed it more than it was suppose to be and didn't inform us or anything. If no one said anything, bioware would have gotten away with a Ninja nerf without anyone knowing.

The "working as intended" thing people are responding to in the Dev Tracker is a reference to what the latest patch is supposed to have fixed (Tracer Missile debuff stacking from multiple sources) - there's nothing in response to the reports that HSM doesn't appear to be getting any benefit from the caster's own debuff stacks AFTER the patch.

There was this post.

(b) In response to your feedback, we've re-tested all classes to ensure they are falling within our desired DPS targets and found one issue with Demo Round / Heatseeker Missile which was getting increased DPS, not just from other people's stacks but also from an unwanted interaction with other skills. That issue was corrected in the 1.2.0c patch this week.

Edited by Adelise

No its not, reread the post from the Dev, they claimed it was also getting other unintended benefits that they corrected and it is now working as intended after the Devs tested it. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Please stop spreading misinformation, as stated above.

HSM is doing just fine. My crit for 5k just fine in both PVE and PVP, so if it works for me and the vast majority of other people, then perhaps your math is wrong or you are doing something else wrong.

i tested the operation dummy alot before this patch and alot after it was released. and i was ofc alone with no other armor debuffs then my own. and i do like 1-1.5k lesser dmg with my heatseekers...

sent a message to them about this and got the same answer as some in this thread gotten. "its now workng as intended". so we wont get any fix or anything for sure.

this is the patch note info

Heatseeker Missile: This ability will now only gain extra damage from your additional stacks of Heat Signatures and will not incorrectly detect debuffs from other players.

i cant see anywhere where it says the dmg got nerfed...why didnt they tell us? they thought we wouldnt notice the huge loss of dmg or what?...

There was this post.

(b) In response to your feedback, we've re-tested all classes to ensure they are falling within our desired DPS targets and found one issue with Demo Round / Heatseeker Missile which was getting increased DPS, not just from other people's stacks but also from an unwanted interaction with other skills. That issue was corrected in the 1.2.0c patch this week.

Okay... for the mentally impaired: what he is talking about is people from every class complaining they got nerfed too hard in the 1.2 patch. They tested everyone's DPS internally, and found an issue with HSM/DR, which they addressed n the 1.2c patch. Now Bounty Hunters and Commandos are claiming that HSM and DR are apparently not working correctly, apart from the fix addressed in the above quote.

So far, to my knowledge, they have not responded to accusations that the most recent patch broke those 2 skills. There is no post in the Dev Tracker addressing these complaints.

Was that too hard for you, or should I only use single syllable words in the future?

So far, to my knowledge, they have not responded to accusations that the most recent patch broke those 2 skills. There is no post in the Dev Tracker addressing these complaints.

Was that too hard for you, or should I only use single syllable words in the future?

Care to explain why HSM is working just fine for so many of us then?

Care to explain why HSM is working just fine for so many of us then?

No, the situation is not good and Heatseeker is not fine. The rebalancing of the class for 1.2 was fundamentally flawed from the very beginning. They re-adjusted damage values for 1.2 with the bug still in effect and now that they have fixed this bug, the spec needs rebalancing properly with accurate DPS figures which were not flawed from the get go. Arsesnl spec is now the worst by a great deal for a Merc or Commando to run with.

No, the situation is not good and Heatseeker is not fine. The rebalancing of the class for 1.2 was fundamentally flawed from the very beginning. They re-adjusted damage values for 1.2 with the bug still in effect and now that they have fixed this bug, the spec needs rebalancing properly with accurate DPS figures which were not flawed from the get go. Arsesnl spec is now the worst by a great deal for a Merc or Commando to run with.

So you refuse the explain how I am top 2 DPS in WZs and in Ops with my Arsenal Merc?

Because, if HSM and our DPS was truly hurt, how would I be able to do the damage I do?

I crit HSM 5k still. I don't see how it is broken.

So you refuse the explain how I am top 2 DPS in WZs and in Ops with my Arsenal Merc?

Because, if HSM and our DPS was truly hurt, how would I be able to do the damage I do?

I crit HSM 5k still. I don't see how it is broken.

Well PvP damage is calculated differently. Expertise comes into play as a factor. I think it entirely plausible that you could Heartseeker in PvP for 5K but only hit for 2K in PvE.

I do believe this warrants at least some investigation and a comment by the developers.

Hello everyone,

Here is some information from Georg Zoeller regarding recent changes to Heatseeker Missile, as originally posted in Change to rewards is a step in the right direction, but TTK is still way too short:

In response to your feedback, we've re-tested all classes to ensure they are falling within our desired DPS targets and found one issue with Demo Round / Heatseeker Missile which was getting increased DPS, not just from other people's stacks but also from an unwanted interaction with other skills. That issue was corrected in the 1.2.0c patch this week.

Feel free to share with us any additional feedback or concerns you have may have regarding this change.

Thank you!

Reading this now i'm sure that you in the person of the bioware are really kidding us, or you have blind testers because of if the did not notice that if you use 3 tracer missile and no dps is changing, considering the heat signature (4% reduced armor) something is wrong.

Heatseeker missile dmg also doesn't stack with heat signature.

So pls exlain what changed because i can't figure up.

Heatseeker was supposed to be incremented due to the nerf to tracer in last patch now we all report a drastic lowering of dps of the arsenal build, that is making that class useless both in pvp and in pve. I mean UNPLAYABLE.

Well PvP damage is calculated differently. Expertise comes into play as a factor. I think it entirely plausible that you could Heartseeker in PvP for 5K but only hit for 2K in PvE.

I do believe this warrants at least some investigation and a comment by the developers.

My Expertise adds 19% damage to players.

The difference between 2k and 5k is 150%, not 19%.

And I was critting Bonethrasher in Nightmare Mode at 5k just two nights ago.

Some of you need to just figure out how to play your class, or how to do math, or maybe both.

Edited by Kgeorg