GM or Dev response on Pylon Puzzle Encounter?

Given the general consensus from raiders on these forums and others I've talked to, I'm curious if we can get some sort of official response on whether the Pylon Puzzle encounter is working as intended on Hard/Nightmare modes. I'm not interested in any sort of hints, just a definitive response letting us know if it's bugging out most of the time and completely random whether you get lucky and have it not lock up on you, or if there is some mechanic that we need to figure out (that maybe the few times us guilds are completing it we are just stumbling upon by pure chance).

I have no issues putting in hours of attempts if there is an actual mechanic that is working and implemented properly in game right now, I would just like to know if that is the case, as the greater raiding community seems to think it's just bugging out and completely based on randomness and luck whether the encounter actually works for you once so you can complete it. Literally the only difference between Normal/Hard/Nightmare modes for this encounter seem to be that it actually works on Normal.

I have send a PM to the German Community Manager and he told me that he don´t know but will ask the Dev´s. I hope i get a response from there.

We´ve got the same Problem, got bugged out 10-15 times yesterday and today and i doublechecked with a guild on our Server which was able to complete. They did exactly the same.........

On Hard Mode, We've found it to be a time trial thing. You need to find How many turns which way it takes to do each level, E.g 2 left 2 right 3 right 1 left, and for the other pylon etc, then finish each level as fast as possible, We tried doing it normaly 1st time, slow the 2nd time, slow and careful the 3rd time, and just bullrushed it the 4th and the 4th time worked. Hope that helped a little bit.

On Hard Mode, We've found it to be a time trial thing. You need to find How many turns which way it takes to do each level, E.g 2 left 2 right 3 right 1 left, and for the other pylon etc, then finish each level as fast as possible, We tried doing it normaly 1st time, slow the 2nd time, slow and careful the 3rd time, and just bullrushed it the 4th and the 4th time worked. Hope that helped a little bit.

There is no Magic, you have a Wheel that has allways the same Order of Icons on it..... so if you see Yellow in the middle and have to get to Red for example you need 3 Turns no matter which direction.

We have tried this as well, no difference whatsoever. We've had iterations where it's only 8 total turns on both sides, still locks up after 2nd or 3rd wheel.

Had 20+ attempts at this within our guild, doing 2x 8man groups and tried 16man. no diffrence.

Either there is a mechanic wich everyone in the entire SWTOR raiding community has missed or the encounter is broken.

Fix this reset, thanks

Operation was set to 8 Man Nightmare, we received 2x Rakata Legs and 2x Columi Bracers from the Ancient Pylon loot chest. The Infernal Council had the higher health for Nightmare mode, but awarded 2x Rakata boots and 2x Columi relics.

Is that the intended loot drops for Nightmare mode?

Operation was set to 8 Man Nightmare, we received 2x Rakata Legs and 2x Columi Bracers from the Ancient Pylon loot chest. The Infernal Council had the higher health for Nightmare mode, but awarded 2x Rakata boots and 2x Columi relics.

Is that the intended loot drops for Nightmare mode?

My understanding was that nm should only give rakata drops.

While hm should be mix between rakata and columi.

For us it was always the northern pylon getting stuck as if it was waiting for both pylons to complete, even after they were both complete (either after 2nd or 3rd pylon lock. Showing as greyed out just like when it is waiting for the other side to complete) or the southern pylon getting an error after north pylon completed the 4th, still showing as blue but when trying to interact with it showing an error message.

Our solution was simply just always finishing the north pylon last on every rotation, which worked like a charm.

Depending on what bugs you guys have (might not all be the same), this may or may not work for you. Worth a shot though, I guess.

Only takes 1 try with southern pylon always finishing first to see if this is a universal workaround or we just got lucky those times (first time we tried with southern pylon finishing first always we finished 4th on north first by accident and ended up getting the second bug I mentioned)

Just wanted to spread the word incase all are having the same bugs and this workaround actually turns out to be a general way to keep the encounter from bugging up.

Edited by Zalter

We ran more attempts in the last 2 nights than I can think of. Given all the different things people claim "worked for them" after so many tries, I'm kind of convinced we either don't know exactly what it is and got lucky to stumble on it one run, or it's just bugged and finally didn't lock up. We tried finishing all one side first, alternating who finished wheels first, etc. Going left/right/left/right on wheels and vice versa, left twice then right twice...everything.

I really think it's just buggy, or there is some very minor mechanic that is being overlooked and is the key.

As far as the loot concerns are, we also got 2 rakata and 2 columi off Puzzle and Champions (Dark Council) on Nightmare mode when the Pylons finally worked. Was under the impression Nightmare would drop only rakata as well. The health increase on Dark Council was larger from Normal -> Hard than in was Hard -> Nightmare. The high health guys went from ~100k to ~115k. They did a little more damage to you but was pitifully easy on my sniper to kill mine with zero danger whatsoever in time to help others.

Had Towelliee's raid on stream try out doing the South pylon finishing each layer before the north pylon. It worked without a glitch after they had bugged tries before.

Starting to get fairly confident that the issue is related to the northern pylon erroneously behaving as though the southern pylon is not finished even when they both are, which can be circumvented by having the south pylon finishing each layer first

Now we just have to get more people to try it, and get Bioware aware of a potential 100% workaround