Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

Dont need a video sorry message. Thanks. Just need to feel that those of us who play, enjoy, or provide for others are just as valued.. considering we played since launch too. I farm, craft, provide on gtn (so its not empty for everyone making alts), helped my guild get its 2nd bay on guild bank etc.

Also fun story time. I spent last night with the time I had grinding it out. Working my missions and so.. then I got hit with the bug... I was told by CS to goto fleet and reset.. Yea.. good job, all that work I did last night lost. So instead of continuing tonight and gaining xp. I have to redo the mission I spend last night on.. which took me awhile. So 1 night wasted.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I went out on my story quest to try to grind some. Am level 38. In one hour (this already was midnight now due to me working 11 hours a day) I only managed to get half a level.. Im thinking there is no way I could get to 50 in a week like this. (Also I got hit with that reverse airlock bug.. so until CS fixes it. Im stuck in TOR) But honestly, I realized something. I am not enjoying TOR now. Im "rushing" it just for 30 free days? Just to prove I am a "valued" customer. (As if having paid since launch wasnt good enough, or crafting and keeping stuff on the GTN for others to enjoy)

Im ready to write a real letter to bioware about this. How I have to sacrifice my enjoyment of the game, just to get 30 days? Its not worth it it seems. Almost better to pay the 15$ and say screw it.

Anyone know where one could write to bioware about this?

My position exactly....or manualy reward my self and doubling $14.99 X 2 by taking 2 months off sometime dureing 2012,wont hurt a bit,I do own more than 1 game.

I have legacy 4 at the momment and theres no way I'm going to compromise how I choose to play for the exact reasons stated in the above post.

I like this game and have no complaints , but what I see here motivates me to give my other games that I put on the back burner some playtime.

Edited by CygnusMX

Sorry if this has been asked before, it's a looong thread. I just today got my legacy to level 6, and my free period ends in a few days on the 17th. The legacy promotion webpage says "The 30 days of game time will show up on your account by April 25." I reckon it's not possible to smoothly transition from the initial free period to this second one with these parameters being as they are? Would the least bad option be to just unsubscribe on the 17th and subscribe again on 25th?

@ Anthonytats I think it was a mistake for them to suggest that players who play in a certain way are more loyal or supportive. Playing the game (including getting to level 50, or legacy level 6) is something that they give us in exchange for our sub. It's our sub which shows our support and loyalty, not our playstyle. You've already shown your loyalty through a six month sub! They are now saying that they appreciate the support of players of level 50/legacy level 6, which implies that our support isn't as appreciated (unless we get there by April 22), despite the fact that we haven't given any less support than the others.

So it isn't really loyalty and support that's being rewarded. In fact, if we'd left the game, we could be playing for free right now.

Yeah which was the point of my post.

My major concern was that they were talking about "Loyalty" which they have now backtracked on.

Ive already said, i can understand the free month to those with 50s etc as by their own admissions, their end game content (PvP etc etc) is not up to the standard they want.

Its really difficult to get people to ReSubscribe to games they have left due to problems like this so they are being really smart in what they are doing.

The people that are 50 have now got a month where they can play the game, alts or whatever and then hopefully in a month, ranked WZs among other end game content will be up and running which will make them continue to play.

Why does everyone complaining seem to think that THEY deserve the free month?

People keep saying 'IM A LOYAL CUSTOMER BECAUSE IVE BEEN PAYING'.

Just because you pay, and play the way YOU want to play (which is fine, BW isnt taking anything AWAY from your experience), does not mean you DESERVE the free month.

I dont think people understand the amount of money they are LOSING on this. And the majority of this thread is people itching and moaning about how THEY deserve it and how THEY wouldve done it differently and how THEY are just as important as anyone else.

Well see. This is where youre wrong.

No one is ENTITLED to anything. Nothing. Not a singled darned thing. You arent ENTITLED to this free month just because youve had a subscription forever. Just because youve played 1 hour a week for 6 months DOES NOT MEAN you are ENTITLED to a free month.

BW has done a great job by issuing a free month to people who meet the VERY SMALL REQUIREMENTS.

If, as many of you CLAIM, youve been subscribed since the beginning - I dont understand how you could NOT be legacy 7 or lvl 50. I just cannot FATHOM it. It took me around 6 days /played time to get ONE level 50. And if youve been subbed for 6 months, thats LESS THAN 8 hours a WEEK. A WEEK. Thats 4 per weekend day, or HELL, 1 hour a night! And if youre paying $15 a MONTH to play - what the heck are you doing with your time in game? Raising a billion ults? Well thats fine, but its not, and SHOULDNT BE, the baseline for a 'reward'.

But guess what? Even if you HAVE subbed and you HAVENT gotten these things - what makes you think you DESERVE it? Sitting around in the fleet or whatnot crafting and you EXPECT that BW just up and GIVE You a free month because 'hey, HE got it and hes put a lot of time and effort into it'.

They arent rewarding people for playing the way THEY want. They are rewarding people who have put the EFFORT (and in some cases TIME) into SWTOR. If you wanna play the way you want, THATS FINE. In fact, BW isnt PUNISHING you for it. You just dont meet the requirements. But just because you play the way YOU want doesnt mean you are still ENTITLED to it (the free month).

The sense of ENTITLEMENT in this thread/forum/SWTOR is STAGGERING. Even playing WoW since beta, I have NEVER seen people complain and moan about getting a free month. Even the WEEKS where we couldnt raid, and blizzard did NOTHING (no free time, NOTHING), people didnt complain about FREE TIME.

Im ashamed that people play this game with me - and I sincerely hope that if youre STILL itching and moaning about how BW doesnt care - theyve edited their 'reward' BY A LARGE DEGREE (I believe TWICE, once was to include legacy lvl 7 and the other to include people who have subbed since day 1) - so that MORE people could feel 'special'.

Because - thats all it is right? The need to feel special? The need to feel that Big Daddy BioWare CARES about you? Well, honestly. Id rather they didnt. Because almost NOTHING sickens me more than a bunch of whiny people coming to complain that they didnt get THEIR free cookie.

No one has FORCED you to play this way - but if you dont play the game, you dont get the cookie.

Edited by Xaeonis

Like i said before I have pre-ordered, ive been in early access, I have a subscription running from the beginning and I love the game and tell everyone that would like to hear it.

I do have work, a family, do sports and work on recruitment for my Guild/Community. I am not able to play every night, the nights that i am able to play i usually get online at around 23h and play till about 1h am (for having to get up for work at 6am again).

All in all to me i invest "all" of my available time i have left in this game but that is probably still alot less than most... to me it feels alot (the fact i try to squeez my available time in whenever i get the chance to me means it feels alot to me)... and that makes me a dedicated SWTOR player that loves the game, usually has nothing but good things to say about BioWare and its employees but now you are telling me that i would probably go out of my way to NOT level up and I am not a long-time player?

Dont know wether to laugh or cry ;)

For what it's worth. I am in the same situation. And so is my wife. We have work, we moved two households since January, we have a social life and families.

But you know what? In order to meet the standards for this reward you have to either be a complete loner, unemployed or some teenager still in high school. It is ok to promote to those "dedicated" players with 30 free days, because they probably cannot afford to play the game otherwise.

Since we take care of our lives and have a more balanced play time schedule, we can afford to keep paying a monthly "tax" to enjoy the occasional hour of Star Wars awesomness :D

There are 30some days of playtime left for me, before I have to decide wether to buy another card or go on to some other cool game that came around the corner.

Cheers

JP

I made another thread but i want to say here i am disappointed. This is all wrong you should be giving the free time to ALL the players who have been here since day one even if they haven't made it to 50 or legacy level 6!!!!! Very bad move i must say. Heck i remember leveling to 50 in 3 to 5 days in beta over and over. Just cuz you can level it doesn't make u a supporting customer!!! Disappointed very much!!!!

PS - yes i have 3 50s and got 30 days so i am not here cuz i didn't get the free time. I am here cuz this promotion is ridiculous and so wrong in my opinion!!!!!!! many people deserve it more that didn't get it.

This is the last of that thread:

I just think this is gunna be a bad move on their part. I love this game dearly and have been playing almost a year now (beta) and hate to see some good people leave over something trivial. In my opinion giving away free time was not the right move. We get rewarded IN GAME with gear pets etc...

would be nice to know if they are listening to us in regards to the horrid mess they have made of PVP. They are giving away gametime so they have people playing.. seems like the only thing they could immediately do after screwing over the pvp people so bad.. and today when the population picked up, so come the laggy disconnects out of warzones or the fleet.. apparently you can give away ****

I think people who recieved their 30 day should enjoy what they got and shut up.

The ones who did recieve the free 30 days that critisize the posts expressing some dissapointment and think they know it all.

Need to pull their heads out everyone else's a**** because your the biggest cry babies in the forum and cant even let a few posts of dissapointment slide by with out blabbing your ridiculouse self centered crap " you should this, you should do that , you havent done this you havent done that, You dont deserve this done dont deserve that!

You are WHINEING in a BIG way, go play your free 30 days and enjoy it . ..........freaking cry babies.

Most of you know you really didnt earn your 30 days free,You really havent been here long enough to earn crap, you just got lucky due to bad PR.

Instructions: Pull your head out of everyones a**** , breath the fresh air and enjoy your free game time.

Simple

Edited by CygnusMX

Why does everyone complaining seem to think that THEY deserve the free month?

People keep saying 'IM A LOYAL CUSTOMER BECAUSE IVE BEEN PAYING'.

Just because you pay, and play the way YOU want to play (which is fine, BW isnt taking anything AWAY from your experience), does not mean you DESERVE the free month.

I dont think people understand the amount of money they are LOSING on this. And the majority of this thread is people itching and moaning about how THEY deserve it and how THEY wouldve done it differently and how THEY are just as important as anyone else.

Well see. This is where youre wrong.

No one is ENTITLED to anything. Nothing. Not a singled darned thing. You arent ENTITLED to this free month just because youve had a subscription forever. Just because youve played 1 hour a week for 6 months DOES NOT MEAN you are ENTITLED to a free month.

BW has done a great job by issuing a free month to people who meet the VERY SMALL REQUIREMENTS.

If, as many of you CLAIM, youve been subscribed since the beginning - I dont understand how you could NOT be legacy 7 or lvl 50. I just cannot FATHOM it. It took me around 6 days /played time to get ONE level 50. And if youve been subbed for 6 months, thats LESS THAN 8 hours a WEEK. A WEEK. Thats 4 per weekend day, or HELL, 1 hour a night! And if youre paying $15 a MONTH to play - what the heck are you doing with your time in game? Raising a billion ults? Well thats fine, but its not, and SHOULDNT BE, the baseline for a 'reward'.

But guess what? Even if you HAVE subbed and you HAVENT gotten these things - what makes you think you DESERVE it? Sitting around in the fleet or whatnot crafting and you EXPECT that BW just up and GIVE You a free month because 'hey, HE got it and hes put a lot of time and effort into it'.

They arent rewarding people for playing the way THEY want. They are rewarding people who have put the EFFORT (and in some cases TIME) into SWTOR. If you wanna play the way you want, THATS FINE. In fact, BW isnt PUNISHING you for it. You just dont meet the requirements. But just because you play the way YOU want doesnt mean you are still ENTITLED to it (the free month).

The sense of ENTITLEMENT in this thread/forum/SWTOR is STAGGERING. Even playing WoW since beta, I have NEVER seen people complain and moan about getting a free month. Even the WEEKS where we couldnt raid, and blizzard did NOTHING (no free time, NOTHING), people didnt complain about FREE TIME.

Im ashamed that people play this game with me - and I sincerely hope that if youre STILL itching and moaning about how BW doesnt care - theyve edited their 'reward' BY A LARGE DEGREE (I believe TWICE, once was to include legacy lvl 7 and the other to include people who have subbed since day 1) - so that MORE people could feel 'special'.

Because - thats all it is right? The need to feel special? The need to feel that Big Daddy BioWare CARES about you? Well, honestly. Id rather they didnt. Because almost NOTHING sickens me more than a bunch of whiny people coming to complain that they didnt get THEIR free cookie.

No one has FORCED you to play this way - but if you dont play the game, you dont get the cookie.

yet again the tired old "Bioware doesn't owe you anything" argument is trotted out. The same for the fact that no one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to play this game.

I would say that the second point is very much true. No one is forcing you to play. If you don't want to play or don't like what Bioware is doing then quit/unsub. If enough people do the same for similar reasons as yours then Bioware will make changes or the game will go belly up.

I would strongly disagree with the idea that Bioware doesn't owe it's customers anything. We paid them for a game. We are owed a WORKING FUNCTIONING game. Not a bug infested piece of incomplete code. Now many will argue that they DID give us a working game (I avoid using complete because no MMORPG is complete or finished). I would disagree with that but that would be a different topic.

yet again the tired old "Bioware doesn't owe you anything" argument is trotted out. The same for the fact that no one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to play this game.

I would say that the second point is very much true. No one is forcing you to play. If you don't want to play or don't like what Bioware is doing then quit/unsub. If enough people do the same for similar reasons as yours then Bioware will make changes or the game will go belly up.

I would strongly disagree with the idea that Bioware doesn't owe it's customers anything. We paid them for a game. We are owed a WORKING FUNCTIONING game. Not a bug infested piece of incomplete code. Now many will argue that they DID give us a working game (I avoid using complete because no MMORPG is complete or finished). I would disagree with that but that would be a different topic.

The only thing I have to say about this is - Youre correct. Everything here is correct. But just because you pay for a game does not entitle you to a free month - which is what this thread is about. Not about the state of SWTOR. Because, frankly, I AGREE with you. This game is bug infested, incomplete, and very much so needs a LOT of fixes to get where it needs to be.

With that said, however, it is playable (for the most part). I can log in, I can play the game, and I can do the things I want to do (for the most part).

Though, Ive highlighted the important parts of what you said. Hopefully people will keep that in mind when they come to complain about how they didnt get their free cookie.

I made another thread but i want to say here i am disappointed. This is all wrong you should be giving the free time to ALL the players who have been here since day one even if they haven't made it to 50 or legacy level 6!!!!! Very bad move i must say. Heck i remember leveling to 50 in 3 to 5 days in beta over and over. Just cuz you can level it doesn't make u a supporting customer!!! Disappointed very much!!!!

PS - yes i have 3 50s and got 30 days so i am not here cuz i didn't get the free time. I am here cuz this promotion is ridiculous and so wrong in my opinion!!!!!!! many people deserve it more that didn't get it.

I just think this is gunna be a bad move on their part. I love this game dearly and have been playing almost a year now (beta) and hate to see some good people leave over something trivial. In my opinion giving away free time was not the right move. We get rewarded IN GAME with gear pets etc...

Someone with common sense

Someone with common sense

WHO HASNT GOTTEN IT AT THIS POINT THAT DESERVES IT?!

Im 100% honestly curious.

What do you have to do in this game to NOT get it?

ONE level 50

OR

Legacy lvl 7

OR

Been subscribed since release.

WHO DOESNT FALL INTO THESE CATEGORIES that plays** the game?

(see my previous post for what constitutes as 'playing')

(EDIT : JUST HAVING AN ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION DOES NOT COUNT AS 'PLAYING')

Edited by Xaeonis

So do I need to have an active subscription on April 22 (or 25) in order to receive this offer? I already meet every requirement, but my sub is expiring in 2 days. The original post doesn't really clarify this.

Simply quoted a display of common sense, not hard to figure out.

Despite recieving or not recieving the poster had the common sense and the ability to see past themselves and understand why some people are dissapointed.

Common sense

Despite recieving or not recieving the poster had the common sense and the ability to see past themselves and understand why some people are dissapointed.

Common sense

People are 'disappointed', like you say, because they feel ENTITLED. Not because they actually DESERVE it.

I, PERSONALLY, do not deserve the 30 days - because I have been playing for about a month now.

There are other people that DIDNT get it, but with the rewording and expansion on the original clause, NOW DO.

So. If you dont fit into either a) got it by having a lvl50 (b) Have an account with Legacy lvl7 unlocked OR © Been subscribed since release...

What have you been doing with the game. And can you HONESTLY count is as 'playing' a MMO? Or are you using it as a single player KOTR adventure x-pac? To which, if you reply yes, then you do not deserve the free month.

With the rewording and expansion on the original clause, this is BASICALLY ALL-INCLUSIVE. I would go out on a limb and say that you LITERALLY HAVE TO AVOID PLAYING THE GAME to not have AT LEAST ONE OF THOSE REQUIREMENTS MET.

Last night I went out on my story quest to try to grind some. Am level 38. In one hour (this already was midnight now due to me working 11 hours a day) I only managed to get half a level.. Im thinking there is no way I could get to 50 in a week like this. (Also I got hit with that reverse airlock bug.. so until CS fixes it. Im stuck in TOR) But honestly, I realized something. I am not enjoying TOR now. Im "rushing" it just for 30 free days? Just to prove I am a "valued" customer. (As if having paid since launch wasnt good enough, or crafting and keeping stuff on the GTN for others to enjoy)

Im ready to write a real letter to bioware about this. How I have to sacrifice my enjoyment of the game, just to get 30 days? Its not worth it it seems. Almost better to pay the 15$ and say screw it.

Anyone know where one could write to bioware about this?

WoW really!!!!!...... so stop rushing and enjoy the game is 30 free days really worth it

if it is that big of a deal then maybe you should just go back to 360 or PS3 where everything is at your pace

WHO HASNT GOTTEN IT AT THIS POINT THAT DESERVES IT?!

Im 100% honestly curious.

What do you have to do in this game to NOT get it?

ONE level 50

OR

Legacy lvl 7

OR

Been subscribed since release.

WHO DOESNT FALL INTO THESE CATEGORIES that plays** the game?

(see my previous post for what constitutes as 'playing')

(EDIT : JUST HAVING AN ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION DOES NOT COUNT AS 'PLAYING')

where does it say been subbed since release cuz if thats true i take all i said back!!!!!

where does it say been subbed since release cuz if thats true i take all i said back!!!!!

Last I saw they expanded it AGAIN to include those who have been subbed since the beginning, but for the life of me, I cant find the post.

HOWEVER.

In reality - Legacy lvl6 OR ONE lvl50 isnt hard if youve been subbed for over a month. Heck, Ive been subbed for LESS than one month and I meet BOTH of those reqs.

And IF youve been subbed since release - well, then you should have at LEAST legacy6 by now. I cannot see how you could be 'actively playing and furthering your character' and not have that.

Last I saw they expanded it AGAIN to include those who have been subbed since the beginning, but for the life of me, I cant find the post.

HOWEVER.

In reality - Legacy lvl6 OR ONE lvl50 isnt hard if youve been subbed for over a month. Heck, Ive been subbed for LESS than one month and I meet BOTH of those reqs.

And IF youve been subbed since release - well, then you should have at LEAST legacy6 by now. I cannot see how you could be 'actively playing and furthering your character' and not have that.

I can see how u might think people SHOULD be 50 or legacy 6 but the fact is some people have lives that have been here since day one and might not be there yet. I think that they deserve it more than someone who leveled to 50 in a week. As i said award the 50s and high legacy people IN GAME with gear pets etc... NOT by saying here is 15 bucks good job!!!