2200 parse as Carnage

marshmallow

Based on your parses at TORParse.com, you're in the 1300 to 1800 DPS range on the SM boss fights; at least as recently as 11/14/12. That must have been Story Mode TFB as your group's TFB HM wipe-fest from 11/13/12 was painful to read, but shows that you're in the 1300-1600 range when the difficulty rises. That's not hard for a mara; and it's certainly not exceptional. Definitely understand how you'd be 'too busy' to share that kind of stuff.

TorParse doesn't show effective DPS (it shows dps through out the duration of combat, not the dps where you're actually on the boss). If you were to remove time gaps of more than 2 seconds his dps would shoot way up.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, torparse is 100% accurate so your whole point is basically irrelevant. Also, in most boss fights I'm in the 1800-2100 range, so you must just not be very good, as well as the rest of your guild.

LOL the tactic of the weak minded. I am god so you must suck LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. I think that "justification" you just used pretty much explains you are full of it...it being a lot more than just full of yourself.

Also love how TORParse is touted as 100% accurate because you upload your parse file to them and it translates it. Nothing like SWmon, Mox, ACT that also reads your parse file and translates them...WITHOUT HAVING TO UPLOAD. Yes you would think reading a parse file and reporting everything would be equal but nope. Seriously...try different parsers reading the same fight and they all will report differently. I have also upgraded more of my gear (now at 735 bonus dmg 1240 on the high end of primary dmg w/ 63 enhancements/mods/main hand hilt). And you know what....I hit 1800 dps but still only see 2k parses if any multiple mob pulls are involved...ie AOE parses.

Let me say again nice laugh on the you just suck part and then to top yourself you claim my guild sucks as well. I have ran with most of my servers TOP progression guilds (Death Sentence, Revenant, Shadow Dragons etc), and have not seen one...ONE dps report the numbers you claim so even if I sucked on my toon surely full Dread Commander geared players in top progression guilds that watch dps meters like they come from god itself would have at least one of their over geared players able to get in "range" of your claims...but nope not seen it. Cool story though bro.

Edited by Datku

Why would you use other parsers that aren't 100% accurate?

All parsers read the exact same combat log. The same log you upload to TORParse. That same log will have a TORPArse accounting that might not mesh with the MOX accounting, that wont match the SWMON accounting and wont match the ACT account despite all of them reading the exact same combat log. Which proves the point that if one varies from another then they all are not always accurate. You may claim TORParse is perfect but if it has to read the same combat log as every other parser out there then there is doubt. No parser is 100% accurate. Combat start/stop times effect things (parser A waits for 5 seconds out of combat to finish vrs parse B that waits 3 seconds, vrs parse C that waits 10 seconds etc). Also logs are just text files...easy to manipulate. All this is why so many games refuse to include a dmg meter in game because of how fickle they are and can be manipulated to report extraordinary high or shocking low damage. Data is only as good as the method used to collect it...and the combat log files are not good/precise. They were added as a concession to everyone wanting DPS meters and not supported (by an Official TM SWTOR DPS METER) because of the inherent differences of various reporting tools.

All parsers read the exact same combat log. The same log you upload to TORParse. That same log will have a TORPArse accounting that might not mesh with the MOX accounting, that wont match the SWMON accounting and wont match the ACT account despite all of them reading the exact same combat log. Which proves the point that if one varies from another then they all are not always accurate. You may claim TORParse is perfect but if it has to read the same combat log as every other parser out there then there is doubt. No parser is 100% accurate. Combat start/stop times effect things (parser A waits for 5 seconds out of combat to finish vrs parse B that waits 3 seconds, vrs parse C that waits 10 seconds etc). Also logs are just text files...easy to manipulate. All this is why so many games refuse to include a dmg meter in game because of how fickle they are and can be manipulated to report extraordinary high or shocking low damage. Data is only as good as the method used to collect it...and the combat log files are not good/precise. They were added as a concession to everyone wanting DPS meters and not supported (by an Official TM SWTOR DPS METER) because of the inherent differences of various reporting tools.

I can't argue against SWmon and ACT (never used them), but the primary difference between MOX's parser (the overlay) and TORParse is that MOX has to read the file as it's written, where as with TORParse there are no modifications being made to the log as it's read.

As for it waiting 3-5-10 seconds before it starts parsing, TORParse doesn't do that because it's not an active parse. It only registers from when the log says "Character Enterss Combat" to "X Kills character/ Character leaves Combat."

LOL the tactic of the weak minded. I am god so you must suck LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. I think that "justification" you just used pretty much explains you are full of it...it being a lot more than just full of yourself.

Also love how TORParse is touted as 100% accurate because you upload your parse file to them and it translates it. Nothing like SWmon, Mox, ACT that also reads your parse file and translates them...WITHOUT HAVING TO UPLOAD. Yes you would think reading a parse file and reporting everything would be equal but nope. Seriously...try different parsers reading the same fight and they all will report differently. I have also upgraded more of my gear (now at 735 bonus dmg 1240 on the high end of primary dmg w/ 63 enhancements/mods/main hand hilt). And you know what....I hit 1800 dps but still only see 2k parses if any multiple mob pulls are involved...ie AOE parses.

Let me say again nice laugh on the you just suck part and then to top yourself you claim my guild sucks as well. I have ran with most of my servers TOP progression guilds (Death Sentence, Revenant, Shadow Dragons etc), and have not seen one...ONE dps report the numbers you claim so even if I sucked on my toon surely full Dread Commander geared players in top progression guilds that watch dps meters like they come from god itself would have at least one of their over geared players able to get in "range" of your claims...but nope not seen it. Cool story though bro.

lmao i've never even heard of any of those guilds. Its not like if you have BiS you will automatically be a boss dps. If I mess up my rotation one time I do not get very high numbers so I highly doubt any derp in full "dread commander" gear could get top numbers. I haven't seen any parses from you either. Oh and if since dummy is single target and you only pull 1800 single target that is not very good. On the writhing horror I pull anywhere from 2200-2500 because of the adds+ being really good at single target.

Another thing; I uploaded the raw log from the game, not some log from mox or something. torparse is accurate and I did not tamper with my logs lmao.

You obviously don't know how parsers work. I uploaded the file from the game to torparse, not a log from mox or something. If i used act swmon or mox the log would always look the exact same on torparse.

You obviously don't know how parsers work. I uploaded the file from the game to torparse, not a log from mox or something. If i used act swmon or mox the log would always look the exact same on torparse.

And you obviously don't understand what Mox/SWMON/ACT does either. They all read the exact same combat log file you "upload" to TorParse. They do not create their own files. And I would suggest you run Mox and SWMon and even ACT all at the same time and then upload your combatlog file to ToRParse...then you will see how even though they ALL read the same file they all report differently. As for you not knowing any of the guilds I listed in another post thats expected your on Bastion and I am on Shadowlands. Guilds I listed are among the top guilds on Shadowlands clearing 8 and 16 man HM content. You don't recognize them...I don't recognize your guild either...different servers and all.

In the end whatever floats your boat. You want to self stroke your epeen and pop all over yourself that's your choice. I have a long history in MMO's being in progression guilds getting server and world first kills. I am not some this is my first MMO player that has no clue. This game is not as complicated as other MMO's (darn near face roll in terms of complexity..or lack there of). Rotations are pretty basic if you understand skill order and procs. No real magic there. The game is fairly gear driven so yea even someone in BIS gear that face rolls can do better than someone with a "perfect" rotation in lesser gear. Maybe if I saw people putting up numbers you claim in a raid situation I might say hey nice job here's a pat on your back. But that is not the case. Stroke your epeen all you want...obviously you need the attention to validate your efforts.

And you obviously don't understand what Mox/SWMON/ACT does either. They all read the exact same combat log file you "upload" to TorParse. They do not create their own files. And I would suggest you run Mox and SWMon and even ACT all at the same time and then upload your combatlog file to ToRParse...then you will see how even though they ALL read the same file they all report differently. As for you not knowing any of the guilds I listed in another post thats expected your on Bastion and I am on Shadowlands. Guilds I listed are among the top guilds on Shadowlands clearing 8 and 16 man HM content. You don't recognize them...I don't recognize your guild either...different servers and all.

In the end whatever floats your boat. You want to self stroke your epeen and pop all over yourself that's your choice. I have a long history in MMO's being in progression guilds getting server and world first kills. I am not some this is my first MMO player that has no clue. This game is not as complicated as other MMO's (darn near face roll in terms of complexity..or lack there of). Rotations are pretty basic if you understand skill order and procs. No real magic there. The game is fairly gear driven so yea even someone in BIS gear that face rolls can do better than someone with a "perfect" rotation in lesser gear. Maybe if I saw people putting up numbers you claim in a raid situation I might say hey nice job here's a pat on your back. But that is not the case. Stroke your epeen all you want...obviously you need the attention to validate your efforts.

I've used swoon and mox before and I'm well aware that they report differently. SWMON reads the same on the dummy as mox, the only reason swmon reads differently on boss fights is because it take every new group of mobs and gives you a new dps for what you are doing on that certain mob. Mox however, gives your dps for the entire fight rather than for each mob.

When I talked about not knowing who any of those guilds were, I was talking about I don't even see them in world ranking for 1.2, 1.4, or 1.5 nim ec. I'm glad you guys at least know how to clear hm ec and tfb lmao since they have been out for 7 months for ec and 2 for tfb. My current guild has cleared NiM EC but I don't see your guild in any progression. If your guilds were "top" guilds I would have seen them in world progression.

People say this game is the same as WoW yet millions of people play that game. In fact I looked at a similar class to marauder (fury warrior) from wow and they have almost identical skill trees. I have talked to many other marauders about what they use for there rotation and none of them are close to what I do, so apparently most people do not understand procs and rotation, and what your skills do.

gg

Got 1808dps on anni on TFB HM writhing horror. That was with me in the red circle first, so loosing dps while waiting for adds to come to me. Keep in mind this is from opening combat, to dead boss, no cutting out of time to increase dps. We beat enrage timers by a fair margin. I am pretty much the top dps in our raids 98% of the time.

What I want to know is, how in the hell do you get 2200-2500. Must be nice halfing enrage timers with all your dps huh. If i managed to push 2500dps im pretty sure we could 6 man HM TFB... I call ******** on 2500 dps...

Edited by Lafay

Got 1808dps on anni on TFB HM writhing horror. That was with me in the red circle first, so loosing dps while waiting for adds to come to me. Keep in mind this is from opening combat, to dead boss, no cutting out of time to increase dps. We beat enrage timers by a fair margin. I am pretty much the top dps in our raids 98% of the time.

What I want to know is, how in the hell do you get 2200-2500. Must be nice halfing enrage timers with all your dps huh. If i managed to push 2500dps im pretty sure we could 6 man HM TFB... I call ******** on 2500 dps...

It's because of my spec.

It's a shame Annihilation can do that and more without the Armour debuff and the Attack adrenals in worse gear.

LOL show me who? I've never seen an annihilation marauder that could do more than me except when they used to stack 4 bloodthirsts to get insane parses.

Actually he capped out at 3000 DPS which is > 2200.

If you want to focus on details let's focus on all of them k?

Show me a DPS parse of a concealment/scrapper with even close to those numbers and I'll concede marauders are.... how did BW put it: "Within 5% margin of Concealment/Scrapper" Ahh, ya that's right.

I apologize for not being able to post a parse but over at the conceal/scrapper forums we're hitting 1600-1700 pretty consistently, perhaps bioware meant within 500 DPS of eachother? ;) I can hit a bit over 1700 DPS with fully optimized gear + adrenals + DG on use relic, I'd say there's a bit of a..difference

Yep I agree. Sure if I dps the foul offsprings in withering terror I can show over 2k dps during the first part fo the fight then settle down to 1800+ at the end due to loss dps from movement (during burrows or when chasing after Male) and how many times you get the dot and need to run clear to purge or even waiting to use the red pools. Most times I am left either 100% on the main boss or I break off and dps the Jealous Male while the rest of the dps aoe the offsprings (so I loose out on that bonus dps). We do it that way so the male is around 25% or less when the offsprings die to help speed up clearing adds and getting dps back on the boss. Operation dummy test are good to see what is possible but rarely are there any boss fights where you get to just stand there, not move, run perfect rotations, take advantage of all debuffs, and just mindless dps. So yea dummy dps is no where close to real boss dps which to me is when your dps actually counts.

Edited by Datku

Yep I agree. Sure if I dps the foul offsprings in withering terror I can show over 2k dps during the first part fo the fight then settle down to 1800+ at the end due to loss dps from movement (during burrows or when chasing after Male) and how many times you get the dot and need to run clear to purge or even waiting to use the red pools. Most times I am left either 100% on the main boss or I break off and dps the Jealous Male while the rest of the dps aoe the offsprings (so I loose out on that bonus dps). We do it that way so the male is around 25% or less when the offsprings die to help speed up clearing adds and getting dps back on the boss. Operation dummy test are good to see what is possible but rarely are there any boss fights where you get to just stand there, not move, run perfect rotations, take advantage of all debuffs, and just mindless dps. So yea dummy dps is no where close to real boss dps which to me is when your dps actually counts.

well I was at 2200 at the end of the fight on writhing horror. I do 1700 dps on that fight without aoeing the adds.

Okay good sir, have you every heard of Ambient, who got world first hm ec down evar? well yeah i WAS in that guild before they fell apart, and as i said before look me up on torparse if you want to see raid parses.

My boy Eudorus the other day was telling me about how you were bragging that "Ambient", your old guild, had the #1 kill on HM Kephess in the world. Knowing how you like to talk yourself up, I wouldn't be surprised if I were to catch you in a lie. Then lol and behold, I come across this thread which of course there are 3 or 4 of now. o.O

The operation progression tracking that they were using back then was called RaidRanks. If you follow the link you'll see "Ambient" with World 12th, Region 8th which I'll admit is impressive for back then but certainly is no "world first hm ec down". So how can you go spouting that with this kind of information available?

http://www.swtor.raidranks.com/#!guild:162

Patch 1.2 released 4/12/12

"Ambient's" kill 4/24/12

I'm not sure if your just adolescent and don't know any better or just a punk who works himself up to a morning epeen. Sure post your impressive 2200dps on a dummy but don't go making statements about how bad-*** your now currently dead-old guild used to be. I am curious though if you were even a part of the 16man team that actually performed that progression on the boss? Or were you just the little kid on the bench saying "go team"? I'd be sure to burn your pom-poms before your daddy beats your ***.

P.S. Let your butt-buddy, #theguyoneverybodiesmind know that his slogan makes him look dumb along with his haircut ;)

My boy Eudorus the other day was telling me about how you were bragging that "Ambient", your old guild, had the #1 kill on HM Kephess in the world. Knowing how you like to talk yourself up, I wouldn't be surprised if I were to catch you in a lie. Then lol and behold, I come across this thread which of course there are 3 or 4 of now. o.O

The operation progression tracking that they were using back then was called RaidRanks. If you follow the link you'll see "Ambient" with World 12th, Region 8th which I'll admit is impressive for back then but certainly is no "world first hm ec down". So how can you go spouting that with this kind of information available?

"Ambient's" kill 4/24/12

I'm not sure if your just adolescent and don't know any better or just a punk who works himself up to a morning epeen. Sure post your impressive 2200dps on a dummy but don't go making statements about how bad-*** your now currently dead-old guild used to be. I am curious though if you were even a part of the 16man team that actually performed that progression on the boss? Or were you just the little kid on the bench saying "go team"? I'd be sure to burn your pom-poms before your daddy beats your ***.

P.S. Let your butt-buddy, #theguyoneverybodiesmind know that his slogan makes him look dumb along with his haircut ;)

Stupid forum needs a like button

"Ambient's" kill 4/24/12

Greetings Gorband. When I said world first hm ec kill ever I really meant ever. You obviously weren't following pts progression during the 1.2 time period, because we were the first to down it on the pts, thus making us the first ever. During 1.2 I was unlucky enough to be on the most dead server in the game, and my marauder had not even been made yet. But I do know that our 16 man group in June/July/August was 10x better than the progression group during 1.2. I believe that someone who was in the group told me since they killed it on pts world first that they didn't feel they had anything to prove in live.

Maul is always in everyone's mind, and don't be making fun of that haircut, I have the same one.

Greetings Gorband. When I said world first hm ec kill ever I really meant ever. You obviously weren't following pts progression during the 1.2 time period, because we were the first to down it on the pts, thus making us the first ever. During 1.2 I was unlucky enough to be on the most dead server in the game, and my marauder had not even been made yet. But I do know that our 16 man group in June/July/August was 10x better than the progression group during 1.2. I believe that someone who was in the group told me since they killed it on pts world first that they didn't feel they had anything to prove in live.

Maul is always in everyone's mind, and don't be making fun of that haircut, I have the same one.

Thx Vexo, whether its trade chat, the rankings for Boss DPS over at torparse or the forums, you are always good for a laugh.

I apologize for any grammar issues etc, this was typed on an iPad.

You give me a good laugh too. But Suckafish gives me the biggest laugh of all.

Vexo darling-

I suggest you retract this statement. I seem to remember someone asking me quite a few times to join my guild. Also, your issues with a few players aside, we still were world 4th on NiM EC. So I'm not sure what you're laughing at, unless its to cover up the pain of us downing Kephess twice before you saw that purple light pillar.

XOXO,

Mae