New WZ system

SukiDayo

Lets see how many ppl agree or disagree.:eek:

War Zones should be Recruit Wz War Hero Wz and Elite WH Wz something like that or RWZ and Wh Ewh Wz

that way all new players would have fair pvp chance to win or loose instead to be placed with their poor lame useless Recruit gears in same Wz with players who have full WH EWH gears and be kiled in 2 hits.

Yes or No? and if u say no explain why. :D

I know people in full WH that would equip recruit while in queue then would change it.

I could see this happening too, maybe a standing system like Halo does (a combination of rank, kills, played matches, etc) Not something based on gear.

Or just lock gear after you enter a match, say you could take it off, but could not put anything on in Warzone. Woudl be fun to see griefers running around in their shorts the first few matches.

well idk skill u say?there was 4 of us hiting jugg im talking about L 50 pvp ofc..we needed 2 min to kill him.most of us was in recruit gear and he didnt even hit back much,just standing there and laughung lol.i would say is gear idk

well idk skill u say?there was 4 of us hiting jugg im talking about L 50 pvp ofc..we needed 2 min to kill him.most of us was in recruit gear and he didnt even hit back much,just standing there and laughung lol.i would say is gear idk

If you can't kill that jugg with 4 people. No matter the gear, none of you deserve to play this game.

o rly we have a smart *** ok Mr i can do it all...i would like to see you on that same place with same crappy blue recruit gear tryin to kill som1 with 22k hp or more and in in full ewz + augmented.go try it sometimes and share that amazing kill u did

Lets see how many ppl agree or disagree.:eek:

War Zones should be Recruit Wz War Hero Wz and Elite WH Wz something like that or RWZ and Wh Ewh Wz

that way all new players would have fair pvp chance to win or loose instead to be placed with their poor lame useless Recruit gears in same Wz with players who have full WH EWH gears and be kiled in 2 hits.

Yes or No? and if u say no explain why. :D

Q's would never pop. You need to realize that regular pvp has issues with NORMAL Q times and you want to add this variable in. This will not work! No one will be pvping! There are not enough Q's of certain gear types or people on at certain times for this.

Q's would never pop. You need to realize that regular pvp has issues with NORMAL Q times and you want to add this variable in. This will not work! No one will be pvping! There are not enough Q's of certain gear types or people on at certain times for this.

Beats what we have now

The only real balance issue is skill. There will NEVER be a perfectly balanced PvP because player's skill level is different. Gear is roughly 30% - 35% of this game.

I say 30-35% is pretty huge number. It indicates to much value to gear at the cost of player skills. A good competitive PvP always focusing to the player skills not the gear.

Add +35% to faction and class imbalance issues. In the end in swtor pvp the player skills has the least impact.

Honestly I enjoy more the lvl1-49 bracket with a ~lvl25 character. Differences between lvl25 and lvl49 are smaller than recruit - war hero - elit warhero characters and this is a really bad joke.

If you can't kill that jugg with 4 people. No matter the gear, none of you deserve to play this game.

A well played (and well geared) guardian vs. a bunch of recruit geared peeps who deal ranged/melee damage (to allow for defenses) could actually go on for a LONG time. There's the non-channeled Force Stasis, the AoE mezz, the push, the 4s stun, maybe add in a stun grenade to the mix, defensive cooldowns, WZ medpack + temporary HP buff, area slow....

I've seen it happen, didn't take full two minutes to kill him, but certainly more than 60 seconds. Felt like ages, at least.

The only real balance issue is skill. There will NEVER be a perfectly balanced PvP because player's skill level is different. Gear is roughly 30% - 35% of this game.

I dont agree with you, u cant be a good pvp player without Expertise dude..

Expertise its the way, and after skill.

Even though i believe WZs need to change I don't agree with making them to regimented by matching using gear. the reason for this is I think you have to have a wide range of gear to inspire people to get better gear. what i don't agree with is having to WZ against teams where everyone in the other team has a higher gear lvl than anyone in your team. even this however would be ok if it happened once in a blue moon but if it happens as the "norm" then this will just put people in recruit gear off continuing to pvp.

I can't understand why Bioware don't put the power to matchmake back into the hands of the players by giving us a set of buttons that allow us to choose what we are opposition we are willing to play against and just have 1 queue for warzones and depending on the options you choose would dictate if you end up in a Normal or Ranked WZ.

Bioware could give us 4 buttons that we could tick or untick depending on what we wanted to play :

8 man premade (effectively ranked warzones)

4 man premade

2 man premade

Solo

If you are in a group then the buttons you can tick are only those that are greater than or equal to your current group size, so anyone in a 4 man group could only tick 4 man or 8 man.

if you are solo then you can tick all groups if you like or only tick the solo button if you are a new player to level 50 and would then not be placed in a match with any premades.

if you are in a group of 6 then you would only be able to tick the 8 man button and would know that you are going to be pitted against other 6,7 or 8 man groups in a ranked warzone that has also been filled with solo players or 2 man groups that have actively ticked the 8 man button. The Ranked warzone rewards could also be applied since you know you are likely to be up against a premade.

i think this would allow premades that can't get 8 to play ranked warzones, albeit with solo fillers but also allow new level 50's to choose to only play in totally random warzones and so have a much better chance of actually winning one.

At least with this option if you keep coming up against an 8 man premade but are queuing solo you can untick the 8 man box

OMG really. After they cut down the "huge" gear gap people are still crying. Honestly, i think people are going to cry until the remove expertise completely. Which would be the worst move ever. Meaning gear grind would be purely cosmetic and i'm sure people who enjoy PvP don't really care what there gear looks like.

I haven't done a lot of 50 pvp lately, but i have in the past. From what i've seen almost 75% of the community doesn't even know how to properly play there class for one. I'd join WZ's with some augmented BM gear and some recruit pieces look around while standing in the gate and see 3/4 full WH players and think to myself i'm going to get sh*t on. Well get to the end and look and somehow I'm 100-200k more dmg than anyone else in the game.(no i don't consider myself a great PvPer either, while doing my grind i was put in a huttball with a full recruit PT who did 550k dmg and i was second at 480k next was under 200k) .

Lately a few guildies and I have been leveling alts. Mine being a Sorc healer. Purely through PvP. Besides my guildies i rarely see these lowbies break 150k dmg. One of my guildies is playing an assasin tank and even if it's just us two qing as a tank he'll take top damage every game(not to mention 60k protection and guarding nodes or doors for most of the game.) Well yesterday morning i logged on and started some solo q'es. First match 380k heals and a loss(was my highest healing on this toon at this point) no one in the match on my team did more that 125k damage. Second game 350k heals and bam another loss same deal dps is terribad. Third game i play is a voidstar i ended with 510k heals and guess what we lost.(in all these games not one healer on either team ever come within 150k healing of me). At this point a guildie logged in ran a match with him where i only needed to do 200k heals and we won. WHy? Because he can break 200k dmg and knows to kill healers.

My point here is you people coming on here to say pvp/WZ need to be gear restricted should( hate to say it) L2P. Find healers, mark them, kill them chances are your a noob beating on a tank/dps that has a healer free casting and laughing his *** off. And my god if i see another twinked PT/Vang in AP spec i'm going to lose it lol. Twink yourself then gimp it in AP spec lol.

i think the problem with most of these posts is that most people believe that solo queuers are against premades and that people who join premades are against solo queuers or bads. (in some cases this may be true)

Personally i think that with some relatively minor changes the situation could be made better for both premaders and soloers.

As a solo player I like the challenge of going against a premade and have experienced some excellent matches in a pug against premades and also on numerous occaisions beaten the premade in a pug.

I have also been in Pugs that have played against other pugs which have been epic battles where the range of gear and skills have been vast. In one of these pug v pug games (which we lost by the way) at the end of the game nearly every person on the team I was playing on said in general chat what a brilliant match it had been even though we lost.

my point is, I have no issue with losing to or playing against premades, or playing in pugs where players are badly geared or just have no skill, i don't even mind playing against 8 man premades, what I object to is that in the current wz system and on my server some nights you can come up against the same 8 man premades time after time.

I would like to be able to have the option to say I have lost to an 8 man premade for the last 4 warezones so I don't want to be put into another warzone with them, and if this means that my queue gets longer then so be it but if there are others who feel the same way as I do then I will be matched with or against them until I am ready to have another go against the 8 man premades.

Also if I am brave enough to go against an 8 man premade then I would hope to get better rewards, the same rewards as if I joined a premade and did ranked warezones.

If there is a system that makes things better for premades and solo players then suely this would be a win win situation.

I didn't think this was a problem anymore. The Harbinger pops in 2 mins or less when I'm playing at 2am. I can only imagine what it's like at prime time.

Plus when it does start the ground is usually 50% different sizes there has to be a few different concurrent matchesgoing.